The Warclaw Needs Some Love ( in PVE ) - [Merged]

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

@Atomos.7593 said:The warclaw is indeed pretty slow in WvW now but that's ok imo since it allows people who haven't unlocked it to catch up with groups a bit easier. However it is totally useless in PvE in its current state. All the other land mounts like the raptor, jackal, springer and skimmer are superior to it not only in speed but also in terms of the skills the mounts have.

Exactly my point. Thank you. You got it but the other obviously did not.

It is a WvW mount, it is not made for PvE. Being able to use it in PvE is just a fun side benefit for people who want to show it off or use it for fashion wars. It does not
need
to be good in PvE because it was not
made
for PvE.

Edit to add: And if you buff it up to make it rival the PvE mounts you will create a situation where people feel forced to play WvW just to have something because it is felt needed in PvE.

And that somehow means they can't change their minds about it? Why exactly? You realize they also said there won't be mounts in this game at some point? Yet we have them. Same goes for raids. And bunch of other things. I really don't understand why, everytime someone puts a suggestion on forums, people come in to tell them why it won't happen as if they were developers themselves and knew what is best for their game.Having warclaw being useful mount in PvE would surely make them more money (skins).

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

@Atomos.7593 said:The warclaw is indeed pretty slow in WvW now but that's ok imo since it allows people who haven't unlocked it to catch up with groups a bit easier. However it is totally useless in PvE in its current state. All the other land mounts like the raptor, jackal, springer and skimmer are superior to it not only in speed but also in terms of the skills the mounts have.

Exactly my point. Thank you. You got it but the other obviously did not.There is no need.As opposed to what? Was there a need for beetle? Was there a need for skyscale? Clearly you could do all the content with four core mounts, so there is absolutely no need for those two. But thanks, didn't know you have inside info.

@serialkicker.5274 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

Exactly my point. Thank you. You got it but the other obviously did not.There is no need.As opposed to what? Was there a need for beetle?

Hold on ... we aren't talking about ADDING a mount. We are talking about changing an existing one. There isn't a need to do it, despite what the OP claims. This has NOTHING to do with inside info.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

@"Atomos.7593" said:The warclaw is indeed pretty slow in WvW now but that's ok imo since it allows people who haven't unlocked it to catch up with groups a bit easier. However it is totally useless in PvE in its current state. All the other land mounts like the raptor, jackal, springer and skimmer are superior to it not only in speed but also in terms of the skills the mounts have.

Exactly my point. Thank you. You got it but the other obviously did not.There is no need.As opposed to what? Was there a need for beetle?

Hold on ... we aren't talking about ADDING a mount. We are talking about changing an existing one. There isn't a need to do it. This has NOTHING to do with inside info.

It doesn't matter. We are talking about the "need". There is no need for many things. There was no "need" to change mount's skillbar to include the extra icons for skills. We played without them for ages perfectly fine. I could write pages of "needless" changes, from my perspective.

@serialkicker.5274 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

@"Atomos.7593" said:The warclaw is indeed pretty slow in WvW now but that's ok imo since it allows people who haven't unlocked it to catch up with groups a bit easier. However it is totally useless in PvE in its current state. All the other land mounts like the raptor, jackal, springer and skimmer are superior to it not only in speed but also in terms of the skills the mounts have.

Hold on ... we aren't talking about ADDING a mount. We are talking about changing an existing one. There isn't a need to do it. This has NOTHING to do with inside info.

It doesn't matter. We are talking about the "need".

It does matter ... it's the claim of the OP. His whole point is that we need to give it love. That doesn't make sense ... it doesn't.

Now, if he had an ACTUAL reason to change Warclaw, I'm all ears. But 'need' isn't it ... as you EXACTLY point out to prove my point; changes aren't made because 'need' most of the time ... and this time isn't any different.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

It does matter ... it's the claim of the OP. His whole point is that we need to give it love. That doesn't make sense ... it doesn't.

Haha, ok, seriously? We all know what OP is trying to say. It's a suggestion. Going all technical on them for wording it this way, just to say you don't personally care for this change is just unnecessary.

Personally I wish they could incorporate wvw masteries in Drizzlewood. Then the cat could have a use in pve, being able to siege gates. The logic in adding gliding and the cat in wvw was to connect wvw to pve, why not connect wvw back to pve by allowing the wvw masteries to work in Drizzlewood only.

@serialkicker.5274 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

Haha, ok, seriously? We all know what OP is trying to say. It's a suggestion. Going all technical on them for wording it this way, just to say you don't personally don't care for this change is just unnecessary.

It's not going all technical ... you don't think there needs to be a good reason for Anet to change something in the game other than 'it needs love'? That's an interesting but unrealistic belief. It's too much to even ask people for non-trivial reasons for changes? Seems like you think so.

I mean ... obviously you think it would be a good idea to make more Warclaw more useful in PVE ... do you care to explain why?

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

Haha, ok, seriously? We all know what OP is trying to say. It's a suggestion. Going all technical on them for wording it this way, just to say you don't personally don't care for this change is just unnecessary.

It's not going all technical ... you don't think there needs to be a good reason for Anet to change something in the game other than 'it needs love'? That's an interesting but unrealistic belief. It's too much to even ask people for non-trivial reasons for changes? Seems like you think so.

I mean ... obviously you think it would be a good idea to make more Warclaw more useful in PVE ... do you care to explain why?

More diversity? Some people would prefer warclaw over raptor? People prefer the looks? People prefer the skins of warclaw over the ones of raptor? People believe it would better fit their character? Anet would earn money from skins?

Just for kicks, I'll quote you from your own topic that you made about beserker "If you can't figure out what my problem with Berserker is from my initial post, I can't make it more clear. I don't have a problem with the downtime ... I WANT that downtime. It NEEDS that downtime." Obviously, berserker doesn't "need" that. It's just what you want. I played it and it worked, same as plenty other people.

@serialkicker.5274 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

More diversity? Some people would prefer warclaw over raptor? People prefer the looks? People prefer the skins of warclaw over ones of raptor? People believe it would better fit their character? Anet would earn money from skins?

And none of those reasons stop people from using the Warclaw in PVE now ... so again ... what does Anet need to change?

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

More diversity? Some people would prefer warclaw over raptor? People prefer the looks? People prefer the skins of warclaw over ones of raptor? People believe it would better fit their character? Anet would earn money from skins?

And none of those reasons stop people from using the Warclaw in PVE now ...

Well, good, maybe you should be part of Arenanet marketing team and trying to convince people to buy skins for mount that is crippled in PvE. Let me know how it goes.

@serialkicker.5274 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

Well, good, maybe you should be part of Arenanet marketing team and trying to convince people to buy skins for mount that is crippled in PvE. Let me know how it goes.

I'm not going to do any such thing. If Anet thought they would make huge bucks selling Warclaw skins by making it more useful in PVE ... do you think they wouldn't have done it? That maybe they have a reason to NOT do so after thinking about it? Seems to me that you shouldn't assume you know more about where Anet makes money or what they intend for the game than Anet does if you want to continue this discussion or justify what you want in the game.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

I'm not going to do any such thing. If Anet thought they would make huge bucks selling Warclaw skins by making it more useful in PVE ... do you thing they wouldn't have done it?

Maybe they need some feedback on it first to see if there is interest. You know, just like many games have suggestion topics? Let's not pretend they put everything players asked for, right the next day into the game.

Gonna repeat myself a little bit here:If people want to ask anet to buff the warclaw's speed a little in PvE so they can use it because of aesthetics without feeling they are wasting too much time from riding a suboptimal mount, that is fine. Asking for anet to copy its speed sharing to allies over from WvW to PvE is also fine. (If they did this would it affect npcs? Would it work in making escort events move faster?)

But asking for anet to code whole new abilities for it just for PvE is ridiculous. Each mount has it's intended purpose and use, the warclaw's just happens to be in WvW.

@serialkicker.5274 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

I'm not going to do any such thing. If Anet thought they would make huge bucks selling Warclaw skins by making it more useful in PVE ... do you thing they wouldn't have done it?

Maybe they need some feedback on it first to see if there is interest. You know, just like many games have suggestion topics? Let's not pretend they put everything players asked for, right the next day into the game.

Right .. because Anet has NO idea how they want to direct the game other than the 1000's of random idea forum suggestion threads . It's a miracle they can even develop a game with players telling them what to do. They just have hundreds of developers on stand by doing nothing, waiting for these ideas to come in.

'interest' isn't a reason to make a change.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

Right .. because Anet has NO how they want to direct the game other than the 1000's of random idea forum suggestion threads . It's a miracle they can even develop a game with players telling them what to do.

I'm sorry. Is that suppose to disprove my point? Forums are here to discuss the game and provide feedback among other things. If you believe what you just wrote, then clearly making a topic about berserker changes was not the brightest idea.

@serialkicker.5274 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

Right .. because Anet has NO how they want to direct the game other than the 1000's of random idea forum suggestion threads . It's a miracle they can even develop a game with players telling them what to do.

I'm sorry. Is that suppose to disprove my point? Forums are here to discuss the game and provide feedback among other things. If you believe what you just wrote, then clearly making a topic about berserker changes was not the brightest idea.

I'm not arguing with you what the forums are about. That's just the garden path you decided to go down. MY point still stands ... 'interest' and player speculation aren't reasons for Anet to jump to whatever ideas players have and implement them. THAT'S why a real reason is helpful if you are serious about making a game change ... JUST like it did with my berserker thread that you continually insist on talking about to the deteriment of your own position.

@Obtena.7952 said:

I'm not arguing with you what the forums are about. That's just the garden path you decided to go down. MY point still stands ... 'interest' and player speculation aren't reasons for Anet to jump to whatever ideas players have and implement them. THAT'S why a real reason is helpful.

Obviously. It's a suggestion. I thought I said that couple of times by now. It's on Arenanet to decide whether it's a worthy one, not on random people on forum. Why did you make your topic if it's not Anet's job to jump to whatever idea players have? Your ideas about berserker are one in a pool of thousands that community share. Why is your topic worthy, but this one is not?

@serialkicker.5274 said:

I'm not arguing with you what the forums are about. That's just the garden path you decided to go down. MY point still stands ... 'interest' and player speculation aren't reasons for Anet to jump to whatever ideas players have and implement them. THAT'S why a real reason is helpful.

Obviously.

It's obvious? Why are you arguing with me then? You shouldn't have a problem understanding why I think this is a bad suggestion.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Obviously.

It's obvious? Then you shouldn't have a problem understanding why I think this is a bad suggestion.

Earning more money from selling skins is bad? Having more diversity in mounts is bad? Ok...Gotta love it when people think their opinion matters more. I couldn't care less about berserker changes you asked for, but I care for this. Does my opinion matter more now?

'interest' isn't a reason to make a change.Why do you think they changed chests in new map? Because they were bored? Or because people asked for it, therfore interest was shown. There was no "need" for it, because I've looted all chests multiple times easily. There was, however, an interest, to make it easier to loot.Do you think people asking (showing interest) for mounts for years didn't make Anet change their mind?Do you think people asking for raids, didn't make Anet change their mind?

@serialkicker.5274 said:

Obviously.

It's obvious? Then you shouldn't have a problem understanding why I think this is a bad suggestion.

Earning more money from selling skins is bad? Having more diversity in mounts is bad? Ok...

I didn't say those things were bad (now you're just being dishonest) ... I just don't think you can predict how good they are for the game to claim Anet should do them. I certainly don't think speculating on those are important enough to offset whatever Anet is working on to make such change though.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Obviously.

Earning more money from selling skins is bad? Having more diversity in mounts is bad? Ok...

I didn't say those things were bad ... I just don't think you can predict how good they are for the game. I certainly don't think they are important enough to offset whatever Anet is working on to make such change though.

But berserker changes you wanted were imortant enough? :DJust be honest with yourself and admit you were wrong, no need to keep digging a deeper hole.

@serialkicker.5274 said:

Obviously.

I didn't say those things were bad ... I just don't think you can predict how good they are for the game. I certainly don't think they are important enough to offset whatever Anet is working on to make such change though.

Just be honest with yourself and admit you were wrong, no need to keep digging a deeper hole.

I don't know what you think I should be wrong about ... I think a change to make Warclaw better in PVE is not good idea because It don't think it's the bounty of amazing things you claim it will be, especially at the expense of whatever Anet is actually working on. Speculation isn't a good reason for Anet to drop things they are doing and make player-requested changes. For some reason, expressing my opinion on this is resulting in a bad case of trolling for you.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Obviously.

Just be honest with yourself and admit you were wrong, no need to keep digging a deeper hole.

I don't know what you think I should wrong about ... I think the change to make Warclaw better in PVE is not good idea because It don't think it's the bounty of amazing things you claim it will be, especially at the expense of whatever Anet is actually working on.

And I don't think berserker changes were great idea and you didn't see me coming there to your topic and say "Nope, there is no NEED for it"-. If I wanted, I could disagree on you about the suggestions you listed and explain why I don't like them, but saying "No, we don't "NEED" the changes, therefore this is a waste of time and Arenanet doesn't need another of these topics, like they don't already have enough people telling them how to design the game",that would be ridiculous.