Not sure if you were aware, but ascended armor was available before 1.5-2k rank @Anet

Cyninja.2954

World vs. World ascended armor now requires rank 500 to purchase, down from rank 1,500–2,000.

I think whoever implemented this change must have forgotten the Triumphant Armor (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triumphant_armor).

Which was able to be ascended AND a precursor for the legendary armor.

So in essence, all this change does was devalue the higher tier WvW armor skins.

I don't care that much. Congratulations to all players who can now get the sets. Still leaves a sour taste of: "the developers don't know their own game" in my mouth. At least the explanation could have been honest.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Given them the benefit of the doubt, I think they just worded the patch notes poorly, and the intent was to make the alternate skins more accessible by reducing the rank requirement from 1500-2000 down to 500. The question though is, why? After all this time, only now it's an issue? It wasn't a barrier of entry or anything, as we're just talking about a premium skin. I'm very curious as to why they felt the need to reduce it - exactly what 'problem' was this fix meant to address?

I’m beyond livid with this change. A lot of us worked hard to get the prestigious skins. Now even my 3 of my alt accounts can all have the shine. This is absolutely ridiculous. Did the higher tiers get any type of prestigious items to replace the hard work of those who pushed or are pushing for higher ranks? No, except for rank 10k. This is a punishment to those who worked hard for the sublime mistforged armor. I proudly wore my chest item on many of my toons knowing others didn’t have it. Now it’s pointless. Wtg anet.

World vs. WorldGeneralEquipment no longer takes damage in World vs. World maps when players are defeated.World vs. World ascended armor now requires rank 500 to purchase, down from rank 1,500–2,000.A new title, God of WvW, has been added. To earn this title, players must attain rank 10,000 in WvW and then purchase a title scroll from the Legendary Vendor located in WvW maps.Fixed a bug in which players could gain access to their profession mechanic while holding a banner after mounting and dismounting.

My friend just grinded out from 1500-2k levels in the past 3 months just to get this full set, and now they lower the requirements like 2 weeks after he got it...... he's going to be so pissed.... I don't think this was a good move at all, you could already get regular ascended gear from the same vendor, why lower the requirement on the skin.

Also 10k ranks title "God of WvW", lol is that a joke?

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:The question though is, why? After all this time, only now it's an issue? It wasn't a barrier of entry or anything, as we're just talking about a premium skin. I'm very curious as to why they felt the need to reduce it - exactly what 'problem' was this fix meant to address?

This was a terrible change. The rank armor was not a barrier since people could do the legendary with the non-rank ascended one. They are literally just removing the value of a skin by making it way easier to obtain. It is the equivalent to let people get raid legendary armor through dungeons or cutting the LI requirement by 75%.

That's a slap in the face of those who grinded those WvW levels. I play WvW regularly and I'm not even close to 1500-2000 level....But now I guess I will be able to get those WvW skins since I got bored with my sPVP legi armor skins a bit. Also, agree that 100 PvP level is super fast to achieve.P.S. I'm not surprised at all by this 'rework' ----I mean they had to give us, the forgotten WvW population, at least something so that we can temporarily stop asking about ALLIANCES. :s

It's a rather odd change. It seems aimed at enticing new players into the game mode ("I can get to rank 500 ez!"), but fails to account for the fact you need to max diamond chest rewards for 6 months (not easy at low rank) to have enough tickets. I suspect most new players will give up when they see they need to play WvW for 20+ hours a week for 6 months. By the time you have the tickets you could be fairly close to having rank 2k anyway if you use enough boosters.

The overall effect will be just to cheese off players who have previously committed to the game mode. The only long term goal is now rank 10k. Surely there needs to be something to reward players between ranks 500 and 10k other than an extra pip per tick every few thousand ranks?

@"XenesisII.1540" said:

World vs. WorldGeneralEquipment no longer takes damage in World vs. World maps when players are defeated.World vs. World ascended armor now requires rank 500 to purchase, down from rank 1,500–2,000.A new title, God of WvW, has been added. To earn this title, players must attain rank 10,000 in WvW and then purchase a title scroll from the Legendary Vendor located in WvW maps.Fixed a bug in which players could gain access to their profession mechanic while holding a banner after mounting and dismounting.

My friend just grinded out from 1500-2k levels in the past 3 months just to get this full set, and now they lower the requirements like 2 weeks after he got it...... he's going to be so pissed.... I don't think this was a good move at all, you could already get regular ascended gear from the same vendor, why lower the requirement on the skin.

Also 10k ranks title "God of WvW", lol is that a joke?

Disclaimer: This in not intended to those that did achieve their 10K through legit means. This is for those that didn't.

Don't worry they will have the alternate title skins on gem store next week for 2000 Gems each only available after you unlock the God of WvW:

• KTrainer of Worlds
  • OS Kill Trader Extraordinar
  • God Of The Zerg
  • Lord of the Bots
  • Godking of AFK

So you know, win win and such.

@"Xca.9721" said:PvP Rank 100 is a lot faster to get than 2k WvW Rank

Not a good defense to be honest. It's not about being "faster" but more on the lines of "value".On the context of which is faster, let's all be honest since this IS a subjective matter.

Hence why I would like to petition also to Anet to lower the "value" of the time-gated armors in sPvP by 75% (Rank 25 - 30 or 40 or something) like what they did in WvW.

Add my voice to the chorus hating this change. The Sublime Mistforged Chests used to be a prestige skin, now they are just mediocre.

There was no need to do this; as the OP points out, Ascended and Legendary gear were already available before this change.

Given the precious little dev resource available to WvW, this feels frivilous.

@Calisanna.8732 said:

@Joel.8705 said:i want a refund on experience bosters pls.

Ya many of laurels went to xp boosts haha.At least I didn’t spend rl money in gemstore like others have.

yeah exactly many laurels and gemstore boost for me i really wanted that skin when it came out and i had like 1 k rank then. I dont play every day so it took me about 8-9 months to get there.. same with i wanted the heritage armor so i bought eye of the north to my old gw1 account took me about a week to get that done the point is when u want something u go and get it... if i want raid armor someday i will force myself to play the raids even tho i have never played them and i dont expect anet to devalue what other player have done just so i can have the skin i want right now... it just feel like it was not worth the grind in the end..

@knite.1542 said:I imagine the person that made the change knows, assuming they had to change a value from what it was to what it is now.

And lol at people asking for booster refunds. You still got the value of the booster, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Oh ya I doubt it and honestly I don’t care that I used boosts and it was pointless to get to the armor. I still want diamond rank and boost will help a little ? anet would never give refunds for that... but it’s more the point of the work/gold/money ppl put in I think

@knite.1542 said:I imagine the person that made the change knows, assuming they had to change a value from what it was to what it is now.

And lol at people asking for booster refunds. You still got the value of the booster, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

You're right. Everyone who before the patch went live had rank 2000 or higher should get a free Mount Select License and a Communal Bonfire. That's the baseline compensation level these days, right?

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

You're right. Everyone who before the patch went live had rank 2000 or higher should get a free Mount Select License and a Communal Bonfire. That's the baseline compensation level these days, right?

No one should get any compensation lol.