Not sure if you were aware, but ascended armor was available before 1.5-2k rank @Anet

Cyninja.2954

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:I guess we both made threads on the topic.

Mine comes with nice music though:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/111903/it-is-nice-to-see-all-those-threads-about-rewards-paid-off

Not really. This thread is about what ANET did, while yours is more focused on what they didn't do. I feel both are valid, and since ANET clearly isn't getting the message (lol @ title for tank 10K), maybe boosting to 7.1 DTS sound is what is required.

@ledernierrempart.6871 said:2k rank was too high anyway. i spent an enormous time in WvW and i am not even at 1k5. becasue i mostly roamed, dueled, guild raided and did only a very little of bus train.grinding in GW2 is very repeptitive and unfun. (like in most games anyway.). the less the grind the better as grind is not content.

im with u in that approch in general but lets have it going forward not on the content thats allready in the game. should the make all legendary wepons free for all too so evrey one can have them? new items can be 500 rank and add new legendary pve armor for dungeon or fractal so that the players that did go the extra mile dont feel like they wasted there time.

@ledernierrempart.6871 said:2k rank was too high anyway. i spent an enormous time in WvW and i am not even at 1k5. becasue i mostly roamed, dueled, guild raided and did only a very little of bus train.grinding in GW2 is very repeptitive and unfun. (like in most games anyway.). the less the grind the better as grind is not content.That is a fair argument, but at the same time, if they wanted to deal with the issue that WXP is far more imbalanced than tickets/tracks they could just have added some new good-looking stuff into tickets and track-resources than devalue an old legendary-level skin in WXP. That it takes 500 WXP rather than 2000 doesn't change the fact that a Necro in a squad of 50 still gets it comparatively as much faster than a Mesmer roamer.

The same goes for the title I guess. If they have walked away from the WXP system for good reasons, I expected more from them than to see the 10k WXP title. There are plenty of other ways and other rewards to implement into WvW. For example, finishers?

(Copying my comment on the reddit thread about this change)

As a dedicated WvWer, I'm really disappointed by this change. It meant a lot to me that we finally had a valuable prestige item to work towards and I hate to see that trivialized.

On the other hand, it looks like the ticket prices for these items remains unchanged, meaning a player who achieves r500 will still have to farm for tickets to unlock these skins -- 1310 tickets for the Triumphant ascended set and another 2620 for the Mistforged Triumphant. That's a minimum of 11ish weeks if you're able to reach Diamond 6 every week, which won't be easy to do for a beginner.

Maybe this will inspire more people to give the mode a chance, but I doubt it. Ah well.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

World vs. World ascended armor now requires rank 500 to purchase, down from rank 1,500–2,000.

I think whoever implemented this change must have forgotten the Triumphant Armor (
).

Which was able to be ascended AND a precursor for the legendary armor.

So in essence, all this change does was devalue the higher tier WvW armor skins.

I don't care that much. Congratulations to all players who can now get the sets. Still leaves a sour taste of: "the developers don't know their own game" in my mouth. At least the explanation could have been honest.

So you are complaining that the devs made the requirements more reasonable?

Not everyone lives in wvw, nor zergs 24/7, just remember that.

@ledernierrempart.6871 said:2k rank was too high anyway. i spent an enormous time in WvW and i am not even at 1k5. becasue i mostly roamed, dueled, guild raided and did only a very little of bus train.grinding in GW2 is very repeptitive and unfun. (like in most games anyway.). the less the grind the better as grind is not content.

So you made a personal choice to do things that grant less exp. That's a you issue. Now I can admit that 2k was high. But that was the plateau set for a specific set of skins. You could already get ascended armor at lower levels for cheaper to begin with. Even use that same gear to upgrade to legendary. That 2k rank was for something else specifically. If you don't want to grind, then don't grind. You weren't magically locked out of getting gear if you never hit that high.

@"Swagger.1459" said:This game is almost 10 years old. Participation numbers aren’t great for WvW. The devs lessen the grind some and y’all complain? Sad.

You might want to double check the logical consistency of your statement. If ANET is concerned with participation numbers, why reduce the quantity of time required to obtain a prestige reward? That would be a counter-productive change (but still inline with ANET's "philosophy" on anything)

Had 3 sets of legendary mistforged before this update, so it wasn't a big concern to me. However, if you look at it overall the Conflux legendary trinket serves as a longterm goal now for people, as 1850 skirmish tickets (if you have the mist trinket already) is essentially equal to the entire set of non-mistforged armor + mistforged chestpiece.

Just accept that rewards will be easier to obtain over time. My only hope is the reason for this reduction is to rebalance WvW rewards by introducing a new WvW armor tier that you can adjust the color of the glow. That's a minimal effort adjustment on their part: I don't expect a full new skin similar to the Warlord's armor sets. I don't even show the mistforged version on my light/medium classes because it doesn't fit with their themes.

Essentially per GW2efficiency , ~ 760 rank is where all players that care enough about Icebrood Saga Reward track and Warclaw reward tracks are. Even accounting for 4000+ hour players only 20% of players had 2K+ rank: https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.wvwRank500 rank is roughly 50% of 4000+ hour players.

@"Raizel Silverius.6430" said:OMG. Why? If that's the case they I petition they lower the rank requirement in sPvP from like rank 120 to... i dunno? 40? That's basically the same thing. There goes my wasted effort in ranking up to get those skins.No, that's a terrible idea. You probably won't even be able to buy most of the skins if you haven't PvPed enough to get rank 100 (not 120). In addition, rank 80 is dragon rank, that should be the bare minimum. It's entirely possible to have enough skirmish tickets to get mistforged armor in WvW but not the 2000 ranking.

If you look at gw2efficiency , top 20% of 4k+ hour players is 121 PvP rank. https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.pvpRank50th percentile of 4K+ hour players is rank 55 (Bear).

Meh, it's not like rank 1k+ means anything anyways. (or rank at all) really. You still have to grind out the pips and by that time you should have quite a few ranks anyways. Especially since the shinier one requires more tickets-- you would need like 25 weeks of nonstop grinding of getting all the diamond chests.

Of course if they cared, they would have made a new skin only accessible by 2k rank and higher. And maybe more skins, but care, not! This is just another instance of them having no organization in "solving" an issue that never needed solving.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Swagger.1459" said:This game is almost 10 years old. Participation numbers aren’t great for WvW. The devs lessen the grind some and y’all complain? Sad.

You might want to double check the logical consistency of your statement. If ANET is concerned with participation numbers, why reduce the quantity of time required to obtain a prestige reward? That would be a counter-productive change (but still inline with ANET's "philosophy" on anything)

To me it doesn't make less logical sense, it makes more ,because if you can't get people in the door their playtime in the mode is going to be 0 regardless. I suppose this change it to make the door seem more enticing. The item is now more realistically achievable thus more likely to get people in in the first place. The same follows for the argument "you think people will stick around?" The more people in the door the more people likely to stay after getting their item.

Is rank 500 even silver?

Tbh though it's a good change. When I go into wvw I notice a lot of new players. If you can give them a more obtainable goal you might just keep them around long enough to stay.

The more offensive thing is giving the karma train a title like "god" of wvw.

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:The thing is, you can’t get mistforged without first buying the triumphant hero skin. I’m working on my second set of armor and I know I won’t be making these as the triumphant set costs a lot less. So it’s not an either or choice. You still have to put in some time to acquire the next tier up.

It’s around 1500 skirmish tickets for the full armor set upgrade. That’s just under 5 weeks.

Hey we might as well compact and reduce all the wvw masteries down to 500 too.

1-1300 ranks you worked on masteries.350 legendary backpiece.1400-2000 ranks you worked on the wvw exclusive skin.2001-9999 filler with extra pips, because they can't be bothered to give anymore unique rewards.10k gives God of Eotm title.

I mean if they want to make it more accessible then here's the solution, INCREASE WXP, either permanently or way more wxp boost events, that way the newbs get to 2k faster (they still need to work for tickets), and the players who already spent time to get that reward maybe now also get the benefit of faster wxp to 10k for the title, win win for both sides.But don't let a reward sit on the vendor for 3 years requiring 2k ranks only then to be chopped down to 1/4 of the requirement because pve'ers can't get it fast enough.

@XenesisII.1540 said:I mean if they want to make it more accessible then here's the solution, INCREASE WXP, either permanently or way more wxp boost events, that way the newbs get to 2k faster (they still need to work for tickets), and the players who already spent time to get that reward maybe now also get the benefit of faster wxp to 10k for the title, win win for both sides.But don't let a reward sit on the vendor for 3 years requiring 2k ranks only then to be chopped down to 1/4 of the requirement because pve'ers can't get it fast enough.

You remember where you are, right? Kinda explains it all.

@Joel.8705 said:i want a refund on experience bosters> @somewhatobsessed.6309 said:(Copying my comment on the reddit thread about this change)

As a dedicated WvWer, I'm really disappointed by this change. It meant a lot to me that we finally had a valuable prestige item to work towards and I hate to see that trivialized.

On the other hand, it looks like the ticket prices for these items remains unchanged, meaning a player who achieves r500 will still have to farm for tickets to unlock these skins -- 1310 tickets for the Triumphant ascended set and another 2620 for the Mistforged Triumphant. That's a minimum of 11ish weeks if you're able to reach Diamond 6 every week, which won't be easy to do for a beginner.

Maybe this will inspire more people to give the mode a chance, but I doubt it. Ah well.

As a long time WvW player this is truly disappointing, there are sooo many problems in wvw and the way population is counted. False promises of Alliances that lead to server stacking and a pay to win atmosphere. The balance in numbers in maps is a mess and the tiny bit of prestige long time players had has now been taken away from them. I only have one finger to respond with at this time. 10,000 rank really??? I've played everyday for 7 years and still only have a 4K+ rank > Anet could not be more out of touch with their own game??? Do any of you actually play???? Honestly, anet does not deserve to run such a great game > you're wasting such great potential for cheep money grabs. Just the fact that you took away instead of adding to the game mode or fixing one of the many problems posted here is truly disheartening.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

To me it doesn't make less logical sense, it makes more ,because if you can't get people in the door their playtime in the mode is going to be 0 regardless. I suppose this change it to make the door seem more enticing. The item is now more realistically achievable thus more likely to get people in in the first place. The same follows for the argument "you think people will stick around?" The more people in the door the more people likely to stay after getting their item.

Then you reduce some of it. You realign the ranks. You add new rewards. Hell add anything new. Not flat out reduce the entire lineup to 1/4th of what it was. We've already gone through this song and dance. Things done here and there to entice folks to wvw. And yet, here we are again. Except this time, they completely removed that long term gate. So when wvw looses players after they get what they want faster, and it will like every other time. Then what? Anet has done another thing, while removing a big long term thing. So when we go full circle as usual. We come out with less.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Are you really bothered that the devs reduced the grind? Like really?

@Penniegrim.9123 said:I just got gold rank and I'm a bit disappointed about this change. I saw it as something to strive for while collecting the needed Items to make it legendary. now I feel, surprisingly, a bit robbed.Being within touching distance of 2,000 myself, it does feel rather anticlimactic. The new goal ahead isn't exactly a realistic replacement. (10.000)

Edit: I have been a bit bored with WvW for a while now, but I hung in there to hit 2,000. So yes, this certainly takes away the motivation to play.

More edit: And now I feel all those marks I've been saving have suddenly become pointless. The sublime armor doesn't require them.

@Eramonster.2718 said:Petitioning for PvP skins to be reduced from 120 > 40. Who's with me? :tongue:

Edit : Raizel Silverius.6430 beat me to it :+1: you got my vote, count me in.

I dont thank that is a legitimate equivalent at all. In reality I think 2k was always pretty high compared to most any other rewards in the game and JUST for the skins, legendary armor was already obtainable in wvw without the rank.

In ranked PvP 120 isnt high at all, anyone who plays a few seasons past dragon will hit 120+, while reaching 2k in WvW for people who do small scale fights and roaming as opposed to farming EBG in a big zerg will still be far short of 2k after years potencially. Yes I know they could go grind WXP in EBG if they choose but that doesnt change the facts that 2k in wvw != 120 in sPvP like not even close. Just isnt. Also the PvP skins are fugly and need a redo bad.

@Penniegrim.9123 said:I just got gold rank and I'm a bit disappointed about this change. I saw it as something to strive for while collecting the needed Items to make it legendary. now I feel, surprisingly, a bit robbed.

Well it if you are at Gold rank how in the world dont you already have legendary armor (without mistforged skins)?? Its not like you cannot reskin later with mistforged skins once you are able to unlock them and its still more tickets to get the 2nd set eiher way, its the same total cost for a legendary set + both skins as just waiting for mistforged rank before getting legendary. The only difference is you are apparently denying yourself the benefit of legendary armor till you hit rank for some non-economical reason. seriously my friend, think about it. You have no reason not to just make legendary armor either way once you have the materials which you should have a few times over by gold rank. Im silver rank and have a full set of armor and enough tickets for 1.5 more sets of legendary armor. What's really holding you up?

@Penniegrim.9123 said:I just got gold rank and I'm a bit disappointed about this change. I saw it as something to strive for while collecting the needed Items to make it legendary. now I feel, surprisingly, a bit robbed.I can see how that would feel annoying after working toward that goal a long time and now much of that effort was arguably unnessesary. I can totally see how that could feel a bit frustrating. That said, you didnt lose anything, you can still get the mistforged skins and you still get the benefit of all the rank points you have to max everything out in wvw which is very helpful and probably the best and most tangible reward of gaining rank anyway. That is gained skills in wvw. Just somthing to consider.

Interestingly people keep comparing the rank thing to pvp, but pvp players gain NOTHING for gaining ranks other than the skin unlocks, no combat enhacement things to train etc. So if you really want to compare gains for effort it AGAIN looks like WvW has allot more to offer and gives players allot more rewards and reasons to compel them to play than PvP offers its player base. And before you say Ranked gets allot of gold Im going say BS I get more gold selling memory of battle at 10+s each and the other drops than I would typically get in ranked or at least as much. So to say that WvW doesnt give gold compared to pvp is untrue. What is true of WvW is you end up spending more gold in WvW on siege, food, and gear.

So in the end I guess what I am trying to say is I like the change, but I can see how it may be bit frustrating for ppl who worked towards it as a goal a long time. (I was too). Overall, I have decided Im happy that it means I can now get those skins. I have also long felt that it didnt really make sense for those skins to require 2k rank when nothing else in the game takes anything close to that much time and effort for a set of skins. The raid and pvp sets both take much less time investment. So in the end I think the change makes sense and will benefit more players than it "hurts"

In reality, no one is actually harmed since they dont lose anything other than some skin set status which just happens in the game over time anyway. I mean at one point Arah skins had a similar status LOL. (in the first weeks of the game) I would try to look at that way. I would try to remember you have all the other benefits of WvW rank like more wvw skills maxed out vs a rank 500. That is real tangible benefit not some skin status. rejoice in your accomplishments and dont try to diminish your own deeds with this line of thinking. =)