Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Not sure if you were aware, but ascended armor was available before 1.5-2k rank @Anet


Recommended Posts

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@Penniegrim.9123 said:I just got gold rank and I'm a bit disappointed about this change. I saw it as something to strive for while collecting the needed Items to make it legendary. now I feel, surprisingly, a bit robbed.Being within touching distance of 2,000 myself, it does feel rather anticlimactic. The new goal ahead isn't exactly a realistic replacement. (10.000)

Edit: I have been a bit bored with WvW for a while now, but I hung in there to hit 2,000. So yes, this certainly takes away the motivation to play.

More edit: And now I feel all those marks I've been saving have suddenly become pointless. The sublime armor doesn't require them.

I agree, I feel like wvw'ers have been putting in so much effort to keep this amazingly wonderful game mode alive but the motivation to go on and continue was just stripped away by clueless devs. Anyone that has ever played the game knows level 10,000 is a ridiculous goal and a title you cannot even equip in wvw is a horrible reward for such an achievement. It would be no different if you were to decrease to Li needed for PvE armor by 75% and then say you need 50,000 hours in raids for God of Raids title... The more you take away long term goals the sooner people will be done and move on and there are a lot of cool games coming out soon!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think whoever implemented this change must have forgotten the Triumphant Armor (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triumphant_armor). Which was able to be ascended AND a precursor for the legendary ar

Petitioning for PvP skins to be reduced from 120 > 40. Who's with me? :tongue: Edit : Raizel Silverius.6430 beat me to it :+1: you got my vote, count me in.

PvP Rank 100 is a lot faster to get than 2k WvW Rank

@Roxory.9854 said:

@Penniegrim.9123 said:I just got gold rank and I'm a bit disappointed about this change. I saw it as something to strive for while collecting the needed Items to make it legendary. now I feel, surprisingly, a bit robbed.Being within touching distance of 2,000 myself, it does feel rather anticlimactic. The new goal ahead isn't exactly a realistic replacement. (10.000)

Edit: I have been a bit bored with WvW for a while now, but I hung in there to hit 2,000. So yes, this certainly takes away the motivation to play.

More edit: And now I feel all those marks I've been saving have suddenly become pointless. The sublime armor doesn't require them.

I agree, I feel like wvw'ers have been putting in so much effort to keep this amazingly wonderful game mode alive but the motivation to go on and continue was just stripped away by clueless devs. Anyone that has ever played the game knows level 10,000 is a ridiculous goal and a title you cannot even equip in wvw is a horrible reward for such an achievement. It would be no different if you were to decrease to Li needed for PvE armor by 75% and then say you need 50,000 hours in raids for God of Raids title... The more you take away long term goals the sooner people will be done and move on and there are a lot of cool games coming out soon!!

Do you have ultimate dominator title yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@xDudisx.5914 said:

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:The question though is, why? After all this time, only now it's an issue? It wasn't a barrier of entry or anything, as we're just talking about a premium skin. I'm very curious as to why they felt the need to reduce it - exactly what 'problem' was this fix meant to address?

This was a terrible change. The rank armor was not a barrier since people could do the legendary with the non-rank ascended one. They are literally just removing the value of a skin by making it way easier to obtain. It is the equivalent to let people get raid legendary armor through dungeons.

That is a good idea. :) The PvE legendary armor should be available through dungeons. This way it is more accessible for PvE players that like instanced content (like dungeons), that like to play how they want, but do not like 10-player instanced content.

And: The more players are able to and willing to make legendary armor, the more gold is removed from the game and the more overpriced "build/armor templates" A-Net can sell when the "legendary armory" is released.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Jilora.9524" said:Did they lower ticket cost? I bet a 500 doesn't have enough tickets anyway

Yea, it still takes 9190 tickets for the shinier set (as opposed to 7880) but what else would we rant about?

I mean it's just karma training either way. PvErs grinding this out is highly unlikely, since stat changes mean nothing out of raids which give legendaries faster. Anyone who thinks this is a way to get ascended armor compared to pve is straight up silly. Remember-- low rank players don't get very many pips.

Use this to find out some real numbers: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Form:WvW_skirmish_pip_query

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components It takes 9190 tickets to get 1 set of legendary armor/

Let's input:https://tinyurl.com/y5xfmvatAssuming a bronze player who plays on a server that always wins and always plays on an outnumbered map (is that even possible) they would need to play 10.1 hours a week to get 365 tickets. This would take a total of 253 hours. If you gained 2 levels an hour, this would be 506 ranks from grinding the legendary armor alone, not to mention the materials required, and the practicality of even doing such a thing when one probably has to grab mount and some gliding masteries to be able to karma train effectively. And this is assuming you knew how to play WvW by then.

Btw if you drop the outnumbered to "only" 25% of the time, it increases to 700 hours of play.

if you don't even have 1000 ranks by then (btw that was always the number I would pick), the game ought to throw you a bone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

World vs. World ascended armor now requires rank 500 to purchase, down from rank 1,500–2,000.

I think whoever implemented this change must have forgotten the Triumphant Armor (
).

Which was able to be ascended AND a precursor for the legendary armor.

So in essence, all this change does was devalue the higher tier WvW armor skins.

I don't care that much. Congratulations to all players who can now get the sets. Still leaves a sour taste of: "the developers don't know their own game" in my mouth. At least the explanation could have been honest.

So you are complaining that the devs made the requirements more reasonable?

Not everyone lives in wvw, nor zergs 24/7, just remember that.

I don't see them lowering the requirement for getting PvE or PvP legendary armor, do you?

Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who wasn't at rank 2k yet, but has been working on it every day for awhile now and on track to get it in a few months, I feel completely gutted. I enjoy WvW, but not having any real goal for the mode anymore is killing my desire to play it. Cool that I have the Sublime chest now I guess?? It really doesn't feel like an accomplishment now and more of some weird consolation prize. Guess I can spend more time focused on Fractal God now instead :/

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

World vs. World ascended armor now requires rank 500 to purchase, down from rank 1,500–2,000.

I think whoever implemented this change must have forgotten the Triumphant Armor (
).

Which was able to be ascended AND a precursor for the legendary armor.

So in essence, all this change does was devalue the higher tier WvW armor skins.

I don't care that much. Congratulations to all players who can now get the sets. Still leaves a sour taste of: "the developers don't know their own game" in my mouth. At least the explanation could have been honest.

So you are complaining that the devs made the requirements more reasonable?

Not everyone lives in wvw, nor zergs 24/7, just remember that.

I don't see them lowering the requirement for getting PvE or PvP legendary armor, do you?

That's besides the point. At least the devs tossed a bone for those who are in wvw.

Maybe make a thread asking for pve and spvp to have a leggy requirement reduction as well?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:As someone who wasn't at rank 2k yet, but has been working on it every day for awhile now and on track to get it in a few months, I feel completely gutted. I enjoy WvW, but not having any real goal for the mode anymore is killing my desire to play it. Cool that I have the Sublime chest now I guess?? It really doesn't feel like an accomplishment now and more of some weird consolation prize. Guess I can spend more time focused on Fractal God now instead :/

Couldn't agree more and well put. It's a very sad day and a big red flag for the future of wvw. Never take away from your community, ascended armor was already available, if you wanted to have new players join wvw then make the already available ascended armor easier to get, less tickets, less gold etc..whatever give it to them for signing up, no one would really care, but to take away what was a majority of the hard core wvw players goal and the meaning of the achievement is like a crime. When you make the goal easier to achieve, the result is the player is done quicker and they move one. Bungie did the same thing with Destiny, the took away the entire prestige of the weapons and armor upon the expansion. All that you had grinded from was useless now. Because of that the community never forgave them and D2 became one of the biggest flops in gaming history.. Challenges and goals keep us playing, when they become too easy to get they become valueless and nobody wants to play anymore, we want to be challenged, we want our skills tested, we want to fail but eventually succeed because in the experienced we learned, we became friends with new people and became better as a team. I'll give you a great example too... I love BL3, but I had a friend send me guns. At first I did not realize that these were "modded guns" but they were indeed modded guns that could one shot anything on any type on Mayhem mode. It was cool, for a day, but then I stopped playing completely because there was no challenge anymore...

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

World vs. World ascended armor now requires rank 500 to purchase, down from rank 1,500–2,000.

I think whoever implemented this change must have forgotten the Triumphant Armor (
).

Which was able to be ascended AND a precursor for the legendary armor.

So in essence, all this change does was devalue the higher tier WvW armor skins.

I don't care that much. Congratulations to all players who can now get the sets. Still leaves a sour taste of: "the developers don't know their own game" in my mouth. At least the explanation could have been honest.

So you are complaining that the devs made the requirements more reasonable?

Not everyone lives in wvw, nor zergs 24/7, just remember that.

I don't see them lowering the requirement for getting PvE or PvP legendary armor, do you?

That's besides the point. At least the devs tossed a bone for those who are in wvw.

Maybe make a thread asking for pve and spvp to have a leggy requirement reduction as well?

That's just it though, many might not see this as "tossing a bone".

It's blant removal of a longterm goal, without real reason.

It makes little sense from a design perspective, since now both ascended sets compete with each other. Making the first one essentially obsolet.

If this were actually about promoting the game mode or showing players they cared, they should be adding more things, not devaluing existing ones.

I don't see any benefit to the game mode from this change. Except for those players who want their shinnies asap.

The irony of it all:In PvE the developers are adding super rare items and grind content beyond belief, likely in order to extend player engagement and time spent on the game. Meanwhile in WvW they do the opposite. In this case without any necessity. That doesn't seem like commitment or understanding to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good: Well at least roamers can now get the skins, after a few years that is (roaming WXP gain is very bad).

Bad: The title change only rewards people with 10k rank. Someone with 9k rank for example who has played almost as long gets nothing. You need to add something for every tier like you did with achivements titles, for fairness.

Also those titles don't even show to anyone even with simple nameplates disabled.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

World vs. World ascended armor now requires rank 500 to purchase, down from rank 1,500–2,000.

I think whoever implemented this change must have forgotten the Triumphant Armor (
).

Which was able to be ascended AND a precursor for the legendary armor.

So in essence, all this change does was devalue the higher tier WvW armor skins.

I don't care that much. Congratulations to all players who can now get the sets. Still leaves a sour taste of: "the developers don't know their own game" in my mouth. At least the explanation could have been honest.

So you are complaining that the devs made the requirements more reasonable?

Not everyone lives in wvw, nor zergs 24/7, just remember that.

I don't see them lowering the requirement for getting PvE or PvP legendary armor, do you?

That's besides the point. At least the devs tossed a bone for those who are in wvw.

Maybe make a thread asking for pve and spvp to have a leggy requirement reduction as well?

It's not beside the point at all, why make this change ONLY in WvW? They have removed 75% of the rank gain needed to make this armor. If they changed the raid leggy armor to need 75% less LI the uproar would be deafening.

It's not tossing a bone to people who have been playing WvW for many years with terrible loot for time spent when compared to PvE, its not a bone thrown to those who have already achieved R2000 and made this armor. It's not a bone thrown for those that have spent RL cash/gold on boosters or those that spent hours clicking the gobblers or those that have gotten close to R1500 to begin making it.

It's only a bone for those who are less than R500 and for "potential" newcomers to the mode.

I don't want them to make leggy requirements lower.

I see this as only a bad thing. If their desire was to get more PvEers into WvW then the other loot needs something. I hear it nightly how terrible it is from pugs who come along for 3 hours and end up with 10g. They will be gone as soon as they hit R500 and get enough tickets.

Link to post
Share on other sites

WvW 1500-2000 rank is really just artificial barriers...the real barrier is getting enough materials to make them

I play PvP casually, typically until getting 1 win per day for the dailies, finally got my first set of Mistforge Glorious Armor after 1 year 8 months 6 days

I got just enough Ascended Glorious Shard to afford the set few days reaching rank 100, so Anet did the maths so that you will just have enough Ascended Glorious Shards after hitting the rank 100 requirement to get the armor

while WvW, I've been playing casually a bit longer, most of the time just getting dailies done and leave, right now almost 1,200 WvW rankI think I just have enough tickets to make 1 set (already spent some making the backpack)The biggest barrier to craft a Mistforge Triumph set is the 10,500 Skirmish Claim Tickets, which means you need to spend a lot of time in WvW, there is no way to speed this up beyond what the maximum pip given is possible per tick... and remember, the higher the rank the more pips you get, so it is beneficial to get your rank as high as possible as quickly as possible, so you can spend less time in WvW What I want to see is Anet remove the bonus pips from Outnumbered and Commanders, they should not be encouraging pip farmers
Thus, I do not see reducing it from 2000 to 500 to be an issue as long as the material cost barrier remains in place unchangedthough I think it probably should be raised to 1000 instead to be a bit more suggestive the approximate rank/time ratio required to get 10,700 ticketsjut as PvP rank 100 is a suggestive time required to get 1 set of Mistforged Glorious set
Link to post
Share on other sites

@"ariel.5038" said:It's a rather odd change. It seems aimed at enticing new players into the game mode ("I can get to rank 500 ez!"), but fails to account for the fact you need to max diamond chest rewards for 6 months (not easy at low rank) to have enough tickets. I suspect most new players will give up when they see they need to play WvW for 20+ hours a week for 6 months. By the time you have the tickets you could be fairly close to having rank 2k anyway if you use enough boosters.

The overall effect will be just to cheese off players who have previously committed to the game mode. The only long term goal is now rank 10k. Surely there needs to be something to reward players between ranks 500 and 10k other than an extra pip per tick every few thousand ranks?

There is: capping the WvW skills requires about 1.2k I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I play this game for years (only wvw) and I only did solo roaming the entire time.

I am just about rank 1000.

Do you wanna say I deserve less to get the skin than a carrying zergling sheep that just followed a commander mashing buttons random during fights and leeching rank experience?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"whoknocks.4935" said:I play this game for years (only wvw) and I only did solo roaming the entire time.

I am just about rank 1000.

Do you wanna say I deserve less to get the skin than a carrying zergling sheep that just followed a commander mashing buttons random during fights and leeching rank experience?

If by "followed a commander mashing buttons random during fights and leeching rank experience" you mean played WvW as part of a World's team vs another World, capturing and defending objectives, fighting groups and generally being a team player, buying hardware, using voice comms, learning specific builds and using your gold and materials to buy specific gear to suit specific builds, by performing a team role, and advancing your team's score and goals, then putting in likely 2000 hours, then... yes.

Is a PvEer who runs around OW doing events less deserving of legendary armor than a raider?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@"whoknocks.4935" said:

Is a PvEer who runs around OW doing events less deserving of legendary armor than a raider?

Probably the raider.

But you know, the "raider" equivalent in WvW would the the organized guild groups, and GvGers. Remember, raids are 10 people. Your average zergling in a blob train is closer to OW'ers in any case. Roamers and small groups like what Whoknocks plays is more closer to fractals or dungeons than open world, I would say.

Then again, I hesitate to put a value on a player's contribution, if they're actively playing WvW and not just pip farming , but players of all scales are needed to play wvw properly. It is precisely the difficulty of measuring a player's contribution (there is no true reward for taking care of structures, for example), that rank tends to be a bad metric. Nor is kitten measuring either.

Rank for the most part is an archaic metric because it is strongly linked with tagging things. This kind of reward system has more or less been left behind by the game as a whole, and participation has more or less replaced it. Remember, this is the same system that thinks that 2 greens is a proper reward. This is why the pips system is for legendaries. Rank is also more easily abused by things like boosters and in the past you could actually buy it (you still can actually, indirectly) without playing a second of WvW....

Although I find it humorous that some people would be so stringent with this, but be much more quick to see the nonsense that is a 10k rank requirement. Suddenly rank doesn't mean anything anymore!

Link to post
Share on other sites

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@"whoknocks.4935" said:

Is a PvEer who runs around OW doing events less deserving of legendary armor than a raider?

Probably the raider.

But you know, the "raider" equivalent in WvW would the the organized guild groups, and GvGers. Remember, raids are 10 people. Your average zergling in a blob train is closer to OW'ers in any case. Roamers and small groups like what Whoknocks plays is more closer to fractals than open world, I would say.

Then again, I hesitate to put a value on a player's contribution, if they're actively playing WvW and not just pip farming , but players of all scales are needed to play wvw properly. It is precisely the difficulty of measuring a player's contribution (there is no true reward for taking care of structures, for example), that rank tends to be a bad metric.

Oh I DO agree, roaming and scouting is a totally necessary part of the mode, it was just a rebuke for his censure of people who like to play in large groups.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is a PvEer who runs around OW doing events less deserving of legendary armor than a raider?

Probably the raider.

But you know, the "raider" equivalent in WvW would the the organized guild groups, and GvGers. Remember, raids are 10 people. Your average zergling in a blob train is closer to OW'ers in any case. Roamers and small groups like what Whoknocks plays is more closer to fractals than open world, I would say.

Then again, I hesitate to put a value on a player's contribution, if they're actively playing WvW and not just pip farming , but players of all scales are needed to play wvw properly. It is precisely the difficulty of measuring a player's contribution (there is no true reward for taking care of structures, for example), that rank tends to be a bad metric.

Oh I DO agree, roaming and scouting is a totally necessary part of the mode, it was just a rebuke for his censure of people who like to play in large groups.

/shrugs

I guess, but I suppose the bitterness isn't completely unfounded, given how running in larger groups seems favored. But I guess WvWers as a whole have been bitter for many reasons, for a very long time as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@ollbirtan.2915 said:That's a slap in the face of those who grinded those WvW levels. I play WvW regularly and I'm not even close to 1500-2000 level....But now I guess I will be able to get those WvW skins since I got bored with my sPVP legi armor skins a bit. Also, agree that 100 PvP level is super fast to achieve.P.S. I'm not surprised at all by this 'rework' ----I mean they had to give us, the forgotten WvW population, at least something so that we can temporarily stop asking about ALLIANCES. :s

Well, i am in the 1900ish and grinded too for this shiny armor, used my birthday buffs.. And i dont care. I have fun im WvW and that matters.

Happy i can buy it now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@"whoknocks.4935" said:I play this game for years (only wvw) and I only did solo roaming the entire time.

I am just about rank 1000.

Do you wanna say I deserve less to get the skin than a carrying zergling sheep that just followed a commander mashing buttons random during fights and leeching rank experience?

If by "followed a commander mashing buttons random during fights and leeching rank experience" you mean played WvW as part of a
World's team
vs another
World
, capturing and defending objectives, fighting groups and generally being a
team
player, buying hardware, using voice comms, learning specific builds and using your gold and materials to buy specific gear to suit specific builds, by performing a
team
role, and advancing your
team's
score and goals, then putting in likely 2000 hours, then... yes.

Is a PvEer who runs around OW doing events less deserving of legendary armor than a raider?

Nope I didn't mean that.

But many people said that low rankers are not deserving to have the shiny armor they grinded for years.

In my opinion my playtime and contribution as a roamer with "only" 1000 ranks is far superior than the majority of 2k 3k 4k zerglings that just "leeched" experience, by following a commander.

And I am not saying ALL zerglings, of course there are competent players, guilds, havocs, blobs and zergs groups that deserve the rank because of the objectives they captured.

But when you see Mithrill, Platinum or Diamond zerglings dying to guards in camps you can't say i deserve less than those people to have the shiny armour.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cyninja.2954 said:

The irony of it all:In PvE the developers are adding super rare items and grind content beyond belief, likely in order to extend player engagement and time spent on the game. Meanwhile in WvW they do the opposite. In this case without any necessity. That doesn't seem like commitment or understanding to me.

I am sorry ;) , but I have to agree with you completely on this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems most of you are very disappointed by this. When I first saw the introduction to legendary WvW armor and the mistforged version of the ascended armor I already didn't understand why is it locked behind lvl 2000. I'd much prefer unlocking the mistforged skin when upgrading the armor to legendary quality. That would give the WvW legendary armor a unique look. (Same thing with the PvP version). I mean legendary armor should have a unique look to it.I can see that there is no point of grinding WvW rank at this point more than 500. And those of you who did, to unclock the armor can feel disappointed, but looking at the description: "World vs. World ascended armor now requires rank 500" seems like a mistake honestly. It doesn't say mistforged, and the regular ascended armor didn't have a lvl requirement in the first place so I don't know what they inteded to do here.Non the less I'm happy with this because I really like the look of that armor, and this makes it more reasonable to obtain. I mean let's face it lvl 2000 is just obnoxious. Many players who played WvW for years (not religiously, but regularly :D) are still not lvl 2000.And for the argument: "than reduce the PvP requirement as well" - getting to lvl 100 in PvP is so much faster than 2000 WvW, I'd even risk saying faster than WvW rank 500. Plus you still need the tickets, which is yea 11 weeks, but comeon, not many people have the time to max out their pips each week for 11 weeks. It still takes a long time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

also don't see reason for that .. Next step - give God of wvw title if 500 rank too ...

I am aslo play 3 years on wvw, chill, not extra farm, fun > exp, and I am near 1500. So I was sure that will buy this armor after few weeks.I am already have a lot off legendary sets, but skin WAS nice .. Nice that skin don't show that this is wvw player ..Currently don't see big reason to buy it after nerf. Sad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...