Not sure if you were aware, but ascended armor was available before 1.5-2k rank @Anet

Cyninja.2954

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:I play this game for years (only wvw) and I only did solo roaming the entire time.

I am just about rank 1000.

Do you wanna say I deserve less to get the skin than a carrying zergling sheep that just followed a commander mashing buttons random during fights and leeching rank experience?

If by "followed a commander mashing buttons random during fights and leeching rank experience" you mean played WvW as part of a
World's team
vs another
World
, capturing and defending objectives, fighting groups and generally being a
team
player, buying hardware, using voice comms, learning specific builds and using your gold and materials to buy specific gear to suit specific builds, by performing a
team
role, and advancing your
team's
score and goals, then putting in likely 2000 hours, then... yes.

Is a PvEer who runs around OW doing events less deserving of legendary armor than a raider?

Nope I didn't mean that.

But many people said that low rankers are not deserving to have the shiny armor they grinded for years.

In my opinion my playtime and contribution as a roamer with "only" 1000 ranks is far superior than the majority of 2k 3k 4k zerglings that just "leeched" experience, by following a commander.

And I am not saying ALL zerglings, of course there are competent players, guilds, havocs, blobs and zergs groups that deserve the rank because of the objectives they captured.

But when you see Mithrill, Platinum or Diamond zerglings dying to guards in camps you can't say i deserve less than those people to have the shiny armour.

I don't have a problem with the rank being any arbitrary number. It could be zero for all I care because to get the armor you need to regularly participate in WvW for at least 6 months which is a damn sight more than Raiding in PvE. But, what I do disagree with is lowering a BIG requirement for prestige cosmetics (by 75%) that people have spent a LOT of time working towards.

They really diminished the value of the time those people invested. Yes, they still ended up with the same value at the end of the day, but they worked towards that goal and achieved it, now that's been taken away from them.

They m8 want more players into experiencing WvW lowering rank to get ascended while doing pvp group activities isnt bad, besides we have chest of free exotic and reward tracks.... this will be freebies heaven for pve players..

This makes WvW more valuable than pve in terms of spending time...

@Aeolus.3615 said:They m8 want more players into experiencing WvW lowering rank to get ascended while doing pvp group activities isnt bad, besides we have chest of free exotic and reward tracks.... this will be freebies heaven for pve players..

This makes WvW more valuable than pve in terms of spending time...

The thing is, you already could get ascended at that rank. The WvW armor has three tiers, exotic, ascended, and shiny ascended. The shiny ascended is the one that got reduced in rank, when there was already the T2 ascended armor available and the T2 stuff still acts as a precursor for the legendary armor. Either the devs forgot the T2 stuff exists, or they just devalued a hard to get skin set for basically no reason.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:This game is almost 10 years old. Participation numbers aren’t great for WvW. The devs lessen the grind some and y’all complain? Sad.

You might want to double check the logical consistency of your statement. If ANET is concerned with participation numbers, why reduce the quantity of time required to obtain a prestige reward? That would be a counter-productive change (but still inline with ANET's "philosophy" on anything)

Are you really bothered that the devs reduced the grind? Like really?

Bothered, but for reasons other than what you assume. I look at it like how a game like X-Com works. You have a limited number of action points per turn, and if you don't use them strategically or without a plan, you're not going to be successful.

There should be no doubt in anyone's minds that ANET is lacking in resources. There is overwhelming evidence to support this. Too many issues have been overlooked for far too long.

But this? This is what they came up with? They sat in a planning meeting, and THIS was what they decided that WvW needed?

Did I miss the dozens of threads of players complaining that getting to rank 1500-2000 for a cosmetic skin was too much? I mean amidst the dozens upon dozens of threads complaining about map coverage / links, stealth, warclaw, downed state, dragon banner, server lag, bugs/exploits/hackers, lack of rewards, disparity of rewards between WvW and PvP, the allocation of rewards/tickets across the Wood - Diamond tiers.......out of all that, THIS was what they decided to spend their action points to implement?

And that doesn't bother YOU? Well congrats, I guess you must be the type of player ANET is catering their game towards. Enjoy the power. /shrug

@"crepuscular.9047" said:WvW 1500-2000 rank is really just artificial barriers...the real barrier is getting enough materials to make them

I play PvP casually, typically until getting 1 win per day for the dailies, finally got my first set of Mistforge Glorious Armor after 1 year 8 months 6 days

I got just enough Ascended Glorious Shard to afford the set few days reaching rank 100, so Anet did the maths so that you will just have enough Ascended Glorious Shards after hitting the rank 100 requirement to get the armor

while WvW, I've been playing casually a bit longer, most of the time just getting dailies done and leave, right now almost 1,200 WvW rankI think I just have enough tickets to make 1 set (already spent some making the backpack)The biggest barrier to craft a Mistforge Triumph set is the 10,500 Skirmish Claim Tickets, which means you need to spend a lot of time in WvW, there is no way to speed this up beyond what the maximum pip given is possible per tick... and remember, the higher the rank the more pips you get, so it is beneficial to get your rank as high as possible as quickly as possible, so you can spend less time in WvW What I want to see is Anet remove the bonus pips from Outnumbered and Commanders, they should not be encouraging pip farmers

Thus, I do not see reducing it from 2000 to 500 to be an issue as long as the material cost barrier remains in place unchangedthough I think it probably should be raised to 1000 instead to be a bit more suggestive the approximate rank/time ratio required to get 10,700 ticketsjut as PvP rank 100 is a suggestive time required to get 1 set of Mistforged Glorious set

So pretty much everything you said is wrong, which makes sense I guess if you don't really play WvW (whatever you think "casually" means) and therefore just are unaware of the facts.

To get a full set of Mistforged Triumphant Hero's gear, with the additional blue aura and the back tentacles costs 2620 Skirmish tickets, and now only requires rank 500. Where you came up with 10,500 is a mystery to me, unless you think the added effects of the Mistforged gear are only visible on the Legendary version? They are not. There is no requirement to craft legendary armor to get these added cosmetic effects. All that was required before was a rank of 1500 for the gloves, working up to needing rank 2000 for the chest - all of which have now been reduced to a required rank of 500.

The other difference was the ticket and memory of battle cost is double for the Mistforged set. eg. 175 skirmish tickets / 250 memories of battle for the Triumphant Hero helmet (regular ascended) vs 350 skirmish tickets / 500 memories of battle for the Mistforged Triumphant Hero helmet that has the additional blue glow.

Max tickets per week is 365= 8 weeks for a full set.If you only finish Gold tier each week - 132 tickets = 20 weeks

The time it takes to get from rank 0-500, I would think it impossible to not have the required skirmish tickets, if that is a goal you set.

As for your comment about removing extra pips for outnumbered or commanders, well, speaking as someone who doesn't play WvW "casually", they are completely necessary and totally justified.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"crepuscular.9047" said:WvW 1500-2000 rank is really just artificial barriers...the real barrier is getting enough materials to make them

I play PvP casually, typically until getting 1 win per day for the dailies, finally got my first set of Mistforge Glorious Armor after 1 year 8 months 6 days

I got just enough Ascended Glorious Shard to afford the set few days reaching rank 100, so Anet did the maths so that you will just have enough Ascended Glorious Shards after hitting the rank 100 requirement to get the armor
while WvW, I've been playing casually a bit longer, most of the time just getting dailies done and leave, right now almost 1,200 WvW rankI think I just have enough tickets to make 1 set (already spent some making the backpack)The biggest barrier to craft a Mistforge Triumph set is the 10,500 Skirmish Claim Tickets, which means you need to spend a lot of time in WvW, there is no way to speed this up beyond what the maximum pip given is possible per tick... and remember, the higher the rank the more pips you get, so it is beneficial to get your rank as high as possible as quickly as possible, so you can spend less time in WvW What I want to see is Anet remove the bonus pips from Outnumbered and Commanders, they should not be encouraging pip farmers

Thus, I do not see reducing it from 2000 to 500 to be an issue
as long as the material cost barrier remains in place unchanged
though I think it probably should be raised to 1000 instead to be a bit more suggestive the approximate rank/time ratio required to get 10,700 ticketsjut as PvP rank 100 is a suggestive time required to get 1 set of Mistforged Glorious set

So pretty much everything you said is wrong, which makes sense I guess if you don't really play WvW (whatever you think "casually" means) and therefore just are unaware of the facts.

To get a full set of Mistforged Triumphant Hero's gear, with the additional blue aura and the back tentacles costs 2620 Skirmish tickets, and now only requires rank 500. Where you came up with 10,500 is a mystery to me, unless you think the added effects of the Mistforged gear are only visible on the Legendary version? They are not. There is no requirement to craft legendary armor to get these added cosmetic effects. All that was required before was a rank of 1500 for the gloves, working up to needing rank 2000 for the chest - all of which have now been reduced to a required rank of 500.

The other difference was the ticket and memory of battle cost is double for the Mistforged set. eg. 175 skirmish tickets / 250 memories of battle for the Triumphant Hero helmet (regular ascended) vs 350 skirmish tickets / 500 memories of battle for the Mistforged Triumphant Hero helmet that has the additional blue glow.

Max tickets per week is 365= 8 weeks for a full set.If you only finish Gold tier each week - 132 tickets = 20 weeks

The time it takes to get from rank 0-500, I would think it impossible to not have the required skirmish tickets, if that is a goal you set.

As for your comment about removing extra pips for outnumbered or commanders, well, speaking as someone who doesn't play WvW "casually", they are completely necessary and totally justified.

You have to purchase the tier before to get Mistforged or did they remove that? Then making it into legendary or are you just upset someone can get the tentacles? No way you can get a legendary set in 8 weeks that never played before

@"crepuscular.9047" said:I play PvP casually, typically until getting 1 win per day for the dailies, finally got my first set of Mistforge Glorious Armor after 1 year 8 months 6 days

What?? So since you only played to win a match everyday for 1 year 8 months 6 days you automatically assumed that reaching rank 100 equates to the total amount of shards you get to get the armor? That's like saying you need to hit 2000 WvW rank points before you enough tickets to buy the armor in WvW since I only complete the Wood Chest every week.

Sorry but the math of this one doesn't sound right... I know for a fact that if you play sPvP a lot, you can actually grind the 1,200 in a single season considering as per wiki,"Completing the last tier of each seasonal reward chest in the PvP league will award from 25 to 100 Ascended Shards of Glory. Repeated completions of the final reward tier, Byzantium, continue to reward 100 shards each" (Source : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_Shard_of_Glory)

And you don't even need to buy off the exotic nor the ascended required to buy the Mistforged Glorious Hero Armors since you can just do the reward track for the exotic one under the Glorious Reward Track (Sources : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistforged_Glorious_Hero%27s_armor and https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_Reward_Track)

Back to the topic : Isn't it like the same with the other people's example? The people who replied on this thread keeps on pointing out the time investment and the materials in the equation yet don't seem to get the "value" of the armor in question. It requires the player to get 1,500 - 2,000 WvW Ranks to buy thus promoting a sense of value to the grind they did to hit that required rank to buy that exclusive armor. Now that it was suddenly dropped to 500 rank for whatever reason, it's like a slap in the face for the people who grinded their way up from whatever rank they were in when the armor was first released to what they are now.

This is also why I wanted to petition to lower also the "value" on the exclusive sPvP armor by lowering the rank restriction since honestly, they are the same. People might say that sPvP is faster to get rank 100 compared to getting rank 1,500 - 2,000 in WvW but by my understanding, both can be slow depending on the player.

Surely you people won't say that rank 100 is fine for sPvP considering a % of player had already achieved that rank is a valid defense while denying the same fact on the WvW player base right?

@Jilora.9524 said:You have to purchase the tier before to get Mistforged or did they remove that?

No, as far as I am aware that hasn't changed, and you still need to buy the Tier 2 pieces to get the T3, so my oversight in the calculation,; that adds 1310 additional tickets for a total of 3930 tickets for a full set of T2 and T3

@Jilora.9524 said:No way you can get a legendary set in 8 weeks that never played before

Nobody is saying you can. The effects of the Triumphant Mistforged Hero's armor is present on the ascended piece. Crafting the legendary is not required.

@Jilora.9524 said:

You have to purchase the tier before to get Mistforged or did they remove that? Then making it into legendary or are you just upset someone can get the tentacles? No way you can get a legendary set in 8 weeks that never played before

It's the same requirements as before. You need to buy the Triumphant Hero pieces that cost skirmish tickets on top of grandmaster marks + memories of battle (ascended) or memories of battle (exotic) to unlock mistforged.

Seeing how most people were looking to get the chestpiece , this means 350 skirmish tickets for the Triumphant Hero armor version (one week max skirmish tickets), the reward track for the base Triumphant armor version to unlock that (4-8 hours per piece easily), plus 700 skirmish tickets (2 weeks of diamond skirmish rewards) for the mistforged version after WvW rank 500.

For legpiece, it would be 260 tickets for triumphant hero and 520 tickets for mistforged which is a bit shorter (roughly 2 weeks of diamond skirmish rewards).

Triumphant unlocks Triumphant Hero, which unlocks Mistforged Triumphant Hero armor.

Legendary is not an innate state of the armor. It is an upgrade. Now whether there should be additional options/effects for that version is a separate matter.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:This game is almost 10 years old. Participation numbers aren’t great for WvW. The devs lessen the grind some and y’all complain? Sad.

You might want to double check the logical consistency of your statement. If ANET is concerned with participation numbers, why reduce the quantity of time required to obtain a prestige reward? That would be a counter-productive change (but still inline with ANET's "philosophy" on anything)

Are you really bothered that the devs reduced the grind? Like really?

Bothered, but for reasons other than what you assume. I look at it like how a game like X-Com works. You have a limited number of action points per turn, and if you don't use them strategically or without a plan, you're not going to be successful.

There should be no doubt in anyone's minds that ANET is lacking in resources. There is overwhelming evidence to support this. Too many issues have been overlooked for far too long.

But this? This is what they came up with? They sat in a planning meeting, and THIS was what they decided that WvW needed?

Did I miss the dozens of threads of players complaining that getting to rank 1500-2000 for a cosmetic skin was too much? I mean amidst the dozens upon dozens of threads complaining about map coverage / links, stealth, warclaw, downed state, dragon banner, server lag, bugs/exploits/hackers, lack of rewards, disparity of rewards between WvW and PvP, the allocation of rewards/tickets across the Wood - Diamond tiers.......out of all that, THIS was what they decided to spend their action points to implement?

And that doesn't bother YOU? Well congrats, I guess you must be the type of player ANET is catering their game towards. Enjoy the power. /shrug

Nice choice of game example by the way, was a jewel in its first version and in it later versions.

I think you have it. They had a way to get Legendary armor and then something extra to work towards. If they wanted more people in they could have reduced requirements to get the first set. That's what has people posting. There was a balancing factor already in place. This is some just someone checking a box, see improvement, done.

OP had a solid point and remains undisputed. It's about the value and effort for players that have acquired the skin/Legendary.

To clarify; Using the point about Tickets for example.Yes, players are still time-gated by it. But so were the players that already acquired the skin/Legendary, they paid the same price, was time-gated by it as well plus more (WvW rank) which is; at the moment exempted without compensation. That's what OP pointed out. Hope this example makes it clearer.

@Infusion.7149 said:

It's the same requirements as before. You need to buy the Triumphant Hero pieces that cost skirmish tickets on top of grandmaster marks + memories of battle (ascended) or memories of battle (exotic) to unlock mistforged.

Seeing how most people were looking to get the chestpiece , this means 350 skirmish tickets for the Triumphant Hero armor version (one week max skirmish tickets), the reward track for the base Triumphant armor version to unlock that (4-8 hours per piece easily), plus 700 skirmish tickets (2 weeks of diamond skirmish rewards) for the mistforged version after WvW rank 500.

For legpiece, it would be 260 tickets for triumphant hero and 520 tickets for mistforged which is a bit shorter (roughly 2 weeks of diamond skirmish rewards).

Triumphant unlocks Triumphant Hero, which unlocks Mistforged Triumphant Hero armor.

Legendary is not an innate state of the armor. It is an upgrade. Now whether there should be additional options/effects for that version is a separate matter.

( I think we are talking about the same thing and agree)

Just to clarify, because many are talking as if this is changing the req for wvw legendary armor which is 100% false. The base ascended trimphant armor is and always was upgradable to legendary. Legendary takes another 1095 skermish tickets per piece for the gift in addition to allot of materials. You can then later (since it would be unlocked other than rank) just buy the mistforged armor to unlock its skin once you reach the rank and have the additional tickets. For anyone who doesnt already have the rank and basic armor unlocked who is ultimately working for legendary armor, should stop waiting even if they arent rank 500 yet because rank never had a single thing to do with limiting access to wvw legendary armor. Heck even PvP has technically higher Legendary rank requirements BEFORE THE 500 rank change since you cannot get Ascended Shards to buy pvp ascended or gifts untill at least rank 20. Which is more rank than WvW requires to buy ascended armor or legendary gift.

The actual factual change is a rank requirement for skins, nothing else. Legendary requirements have not changed and wvw has always had less rank requirement than pvp (for legendary armor and ascended armor too). So consider that. I would say ppl are taking this whole thing somewhat out of context to fabricate a reason to be outraged as opposed to annoyed.

I can see complaining if you dont like the change, but lets at least stick to the facts.

@"Eramonster.2718" said:OP had a solid point and remains undisputed. It's about the value and effort for players that have acquired the skin/Legendary.

To clarify; Using the point about Tickets for example.Yes, players are still time-gated by it. But so were the players that already acquired the skin/Legendary, they paid the same price, was time-gated by it as well plus more (WvW rank) which is; at the moment exempted without compensation. That's what OP pointed out. Hope this example makes it clearer.

OP's point is "I got the skin when it was at its highest cost. If other players don't pay this same amount, they shouldn't deserve the skin".Issue with this kind of question is that it is always hotly debated.

I do have an issue with OP pointing out how the Exotic version of the skin is available at rank 500, and that the skin is all that maters. Exotic to Ascended armor is, like people mentioned before, the least noticeable upgrade compared to weapons and accessories. But it's still an upgrade with 6 infusions slots (and the infusions that make the most difference is vit/toughness/concentration). It's like keep buff but permanent.

Having access to Ascended selectable armor is nice. Before, the only option for stat selectable ascended armor was raids and PvP (iirc there is no stat-selectable ascended armor from living world).It's not like the actual cost in terms of tickets and memories changed. It's just the rank required to obtain the two. And honestly, rank was the least important aspect of WvW.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

of course I'm talking bout legendary, I don't see the point of not upgrading to legendary having paid the amount of tickets for Mistforged745pVZo.png

Max tickets per week is 365= 8 weeks for a full set.If you only finish Gold tier each week - 132 tickets = 20 weeksto answer your question, I just finish up on Silver most of the time

The time it takes to get from rank 0-500, I would think it impossible to not have the required skirmish tickets, if that is a goal you set.if you are simply roaming, capping camps, running yak, yes, you'll have more tickets in ratio to rankbut if you are doing objective capping zerg train most of the time, you will easily rank up 3 or more per hour with full boosters on

As for your comment about removing extra pips for outnumbered or commanders, well, speaking as someone who doesn't play WvW "casually", they are completely necessary and totally justified.from my experience so far all I see most of the time are selfish pip farmers map hopping to outnumbered maps rather than answering calls to help defending keeps

Wat. I wasn't even aware we were talking about the precursor. I've always even thought those should be easier to get, with more mark shards then we get know, since spending hundreds of hours to get a set of ascended is silly especially when raids and fractals drop them like yesterday's garbage At least I thought. Heck, the plain ascended wvw ones I just skin over.

I would also like to push the point that you can only get the achievement for legendary armor only from raids, and not from elsewhere. That in and of itself, should make the requirements lighter, because they're not valuing it as much.

Or maybe the legendary one should be its own skin. xD

@"Raizel Silverius.6430" said:Sorry but the math of this one doesn't sound right... I know for a fact that if you play sPvP a lot, you can actually grind the 1,200 in a single season considering as per wiki,"Completing the last tier of each seasonal reward chest in the PvP league will award from 25 to 100 Ascended Shards of Glory. Repeated completions of the final reward tier, Byzantium, continue to reward 100 shards each" (Source : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_Shard_of_Glory)

my question to you is what's the win / loss ratio and pvp rank the wiki's formula has used as assumptions?the more wins you have and if plat+ you will get more, vsing majority of the pvp population sitting in gold/silver with 50% win rate, within the same timeframe they will obviously get a lot more pips within the same time frame = more Ascended Shards of Glory

on some days i could get win on the first match, on other days i could be stuck in losing streak for like 8-9 matches before getting a winfirst match of day win = 10 pips = ~20min9 matches before getting a win = 37 pips = ~3 hoursand you do get bonus pips for like top stats, etc in matches, so the pips you get from losing a match is bout a third of win, which is the same as how much rank points you get for losing a match, a third of a win, so these two pretty much goes hand in hand

hence it would not be hard for Anet to crunch the number to work out what the average rank it need to get the legendary Mistforged Glorious Hero

with 50% win rate, you need bout 1500 pvp matches to get to rank 100assuming every one of these matches were ranked, you get about 10,100 pips in total; which i did not, I got exp from unranked during off seasonand assuming you are also playing at my pace 'til a win a day' of bout 2 repeats per season

So you take 1500 matches x 6.75 (avg pip/match) = 10,125 pips in totalthen you 10,125 / 1,030 (pips needed for 2 repeats) x 600 Ascended Shards of Glory= ~5900 Ascended Shards of Glory

You need 4800 Ascended Shards of Glory for a legendary, so taking the above 5900 and factor in Ascended Shards of Glory you will not get but the exp you still get from unranked during off season, rank 100 is bout right for vs the shards you need for a full set of legendary

7UU5YU0.png

And you don't even need to buy off the exotic nor the ascended required to buy the Mistforged Glorious Hero Armors since you can just do the reward track for the exotic one under the Glorious Reward Track (Sources : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistforged_Glorious_Hero%27s_armor and https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_Reward_Track)

You do need to get Ardent Glorious set before you can purchase the Mistforged Glorious Hero... which is 1200 Ascended Shards of Glory

Back to the topic : Isn't it like the same with the other people's example? The people who replied on this thread keeps on pointing out the time investment and the materials in the equation yet don't seem to get the "value" of the armor in question. It requires the player to get 1,500 - 2,000 WvW Ranks to buy thus promoting a sense of value to the grind they did to hit that required rank to buy that exclusive armor. Now that it was suddenly dropped to 500 rank for whatever reason, it's like a slap in the face for the people who grinded their way up from whatever rank they were in when the armor was first released to what they are now.

and my point is 'rank' in PvP and WvW doesn't represent anything, it's superficial

you can be a PvP ranked 100 but plays like a bronzeWvW ranked 2000 simply says this person had spent lots of hours running around in WvW, it doesn't say anything bout this person skill wise at 1v1 or tactical mind at zerging

this goes for PvP and WvW legendary armors, as long as you spend enough time in it you will get it regardless of your skill level; perhaps spending all day playing the game mode can be put to better use like having a second job to improve the quality of life for your family?

i certainly wont be proud of myself, because I already went through this by play like 14hr a day in WoW during my uni days, now looking back, a large portion of that time could have worked at a part time job, and i'd have more money to spend on buying better things for myself, and should have looked into growing my wealth by investing in the stock market

my advice to all those feeling proud getting wvw rank 2000 by playing the game mode all day, a virtual number that can be erased with a tap of a fingerplease take a closer look at your priorities in your life, there are more things that you can do in your real life that will make you feel proud and remember til the end of your life

This is also why I wanted to petition to lower also the "value" on the exclusive sPvP armor by lowering the rank restriction since honestly, they are the same. People might say that sPvP is faster to get rank 100 compared to getting rank 1,500 - 2,000 in WvW but by my understanding, both can be slow depending on the player.

yes, that was what I done when I did maths based on my own playstyle, I would get PvP rank 100 much faster than WvW rank 2000, 1 year 3 months vs 6.5 yearshence I went to PvP legendary armour as my first set of legendary armor; PvE is always the issue of getting experience players together in the guild, thus I don't bother with PvE version for now

Surely you people won't say that rank 100 is fine for sPvP considering a % of player had already achieved that rank is a valid defense while denying the same fact on the WvW player base right?

I'm not defending anything, I'm simply saying Anet's decision to set rank 100 seems bout right as the implicit indication of the number of Ascended Shards of Glory required for a set of legendary

@whoknocks.4935 said:I play this game for years (only wvw) and I only did solo roaming the entire time.

I am just about rank 1000.

Do you wanna say I deserve less to get the skin than a carrying zergling sheep that just followed a commander mashing buttons random during fights and leeching rank experience?

i know that roamers can speend alot of time in wvw and get nearly no rank i have been that type of player for years but i do understand that the gamemode is not meant for that, its wvw not rwr and balance cant be considerd for both group play and indiviudal players who do one v ones or 1 v 2/3. if u like too scout u can uasualy get participation from the main squad on the map and there for get closer to rank 2k that way anyway. So my counclution is that u have not done much to contribute to ur server score in the end and u cant expect to get rewards from it. The conversaiton about that type of player style witch i enjoy too is underrepresented by arenanet is another conversation and does not have anything to do with the core wvw gamestyle they need too be seperated.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:The question though is, why? After all this time, only now it's an issue? It wasn't a barrier of entry or anything, as we're just talking about a premium skin. I'm very curious as to why they felt the need to reduce it - exactly what 'problem' was this fix meant to address?

Because it's a low effort bone they can throw the WvW players, like the "God of WvW" title, that they can pretend counts as content when really all it is a meaningless tweak to hide the fact that they're never going to give us any real news about alliances or other changes, especially not sorely needed QoL changes that players have been requesting for years.

@whoknocks.4935 said:I play this game for years (only wvw) and I only did solo roaming the entire time.I am just about rank 1000.Do you wanna say I deserve less to get the skin than a carrying zergling sheep that just followed a commander mashing buttons random during fights and leeching rank experience?YES. I want say YES. If you not participate is some mode - you deserve less.

Same example: I go fractals whit small party, and don't go whit 10 raids .. Long time ago get FG title, have 1500+ cm100 kp .. And I don't have pve leg armor. All bosses killed only few times...So now I ask Do you wanna say I deserve less to get that pve skin??

@"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:They really diminished the value of the time those people invested. Yes, they still ended up with the same value at the end of the day, but they worked towards that goal and achieved it, now that's been taken away from them.And then there's people like me who were a few weeks short of hitting 2,000. This evaporated my motivation to play. Don't get me wrong, I love to play WvW, but there are days I love it a bit less than other things I could be doing. On those days, I used to think, "Oh, let's play a bit anyway and get a few levels in. Keep the momentum going!" Now, that consideration will never fall in favor of WvW again.

@"Justine.6351" said:The more offensive thing is giving the karma train a title like "god" of wvw.

This is what bothers me the most. There are some really trash players who do nothing but blob, ktrain, and pvdoor in empty timezones... whose "skill" rests in following a tag around hitting 111111111 with their brain on auto pilot mode... who are the first to die on Inc, who mouse click skills and use the arrow keys on their keyboard to change directions when running, and these types will earn a title like "God of WvW" while some of the skilled roamers and havocs who could eat them alive, or the scouts and siege masters who understand map politics and aspects of the game mode they won't ever grasp, are thousands of rank levels away from that title and always will be.

Just shows how out of touch anet is with all the playstyles of WvW. Just like always, blob harder and ktrain more, trade kills in OS for UD, or don't even bother with some of the titles anet thinks are signs of a great player because you clearly aren't a quality player unless you ktrain in a blob like a "God of WvW."