Not sure if you were aware, but ascended armor was available before 1.5-2k rank @Anet

Cyninja.2954

@lare.5129 said:

@"whoknocks.4935" said:I play this game for years (only wvw) and I only did solo roaming the entire time.I am just about rank 1000.Do you wanna say I deserve less to get the skin than a carrying zergling sheep that just followed a commander mashing buttons random during fights and leeching rank experience?YES. I want say YES. If you not participate is some mode - you deserve less.

Same example: I go fractals whit small party, and don't go whit 10 raids .. Long time ago get FG title, have 1500+ cm100 kp .. And I don't have pve leg armor. All bosses killed only few times...So now I ask Do you wanna say I deserve less to get that pve skin??

The thing is good roamers ARE valuable in WvW DO play an IMPORTANT ROLE. DO KNOW WTF THEY ARE DOING. ARE OFTEN MORE SKILLED vs ZERGLINGS. Zerging for damn sure doesnt require any skill, granted unskilled zerglings and commander is less effective vs skilled zerglings and zerg, BUT half or more of a zerg can be skilless noobs who still get the WXP and ez rank. What I am saying is, generally a zerg is a powerful thing due to numbers and not always skill. Roamers dont get shit without some ability. Roaming takes allot more skill I would say than following a tag. I know if your identity is all wrapped in what a great "team player" you are it may be hard to admit that it doesnt mean zerging takes skill especially more skill than roaming.

A good roaming duo goes behind lines and chokes off supply to towers and keeps to slow upgrades, tap things to distract and confuse enemy, flips towers and keeps if teams ignore assets or cap more than they can defend, roamers lower enemgy moral by killing zerglings before they can get back to the tag which weakens the zerg by removing bits of it, roamers harrase zergs to troll off players and kill them which can cause distration which can slow zergs, roamers are often also actiing as scouts calling out enemy activity, checking on keeps and towers to see if its a tap on that T3 or make the call out when its actually under attack.

Without Roamers WvW would suck! Just keep that in mind when you sit here saying the only valid WvW players is a kitten zergling. Give me a break. Anyone who thinks that IS a minless zergling! _LOL not a compliment!

Also just to educate people who may not be aware of its meaning. Zerg is a term from another game called StarCraft from like 20 years ago. Zerg was one of the 3 races in this Real time strategy game. Zerg could swarm and win JUST by shear numbers. It was a popular strategy because it worked, however Zergslings are not smart they are just many in numbers. Zergs win from overwhelming numbers primarily. A good commander with good communication and competent alert zerglings can be very powerful and defeat larger less skilled zergs, BUT zerging is always about the numbers and often is all numbers and very little skill. many servers have reputations for having large numbers of low skilled players in large zergs. (Hint that isnt a sign of skill)

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:They really diminished the value of the time those people invested. Yes, they still ended up with the same value at the end of the day, but they
worked
towards that goal and achieved it, now that's been taken away from them.And then there's people like me who were a few weeks short of hitting 2,000. This evaporated my motivation to play. Don't get me wrong, I love to play WvW, but there are days I love it a bit less than other things I could be doing. On those days, I used to think, "Oh, let's play a bit anyway and get a few levels in. Keep the momentum going!" Now, that consideration will never fall in favor of WvW again.

I really don't get this. You close to 2000 so there was a good chance hitting 2000 would of evaporated your motivation to play too. I mean goals are good but if you have enough tickets make the set if not then the motivation would be to get enough.

@Safir.9203 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:The more offensive thing is giving the karma train a title like "god" of wvw.

This is what bothers me the most. There are some really trash players who do nothing but blob, ktrain, and pvdoor in empty timezones... whose "skill" rests in following a tag around hitting 111111111 with their brain on auto pilot mode... who are the first to die on Inc, who mouse click skills and use the arrow keys on their keyboard to change directions when running, and these types will earn a title like "God of WvW" while some of the skilled roamers and havocs who could eat them alive, or the scouts and siege masters who understand map politics and aspects of the game mode they won't ever grasp, are thousands of rank levels away from that title and always will be.

Just shows how out of touch anet is with all the playstyles of WvW. Just like always, blob harder and ktrain more, trade kills in OS for UD, or don't even bother with some of the titles anet thinks are signs of a great player because you clearly aren't a quality player unless you ktrain in a blob like a "God of WvW."

WvW rank is not skill based. It's time based. There is no legit way to determine skill as you can buff WvW rank with boosts and enrichment and food etc. The title is not oh that's a great WvW player. I mean he could be but it is more this guy put in the time and probably played all 8 years. You are upset over not getting a title because some scrub support build never w/o 20 other dudes is 10k. There is no title they could give to prove you are a good WvW player. Just because I can kill a whole bunch of guild players when I catch them alone doesn't mean I'm better either. Same goes for a guild that never leaves spawn w/o 30.

@Jilora.9524 said:

@"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:They really diminished the value of the time those people invested. Yes, they still ended up with the same value at the end of the day, but they
worked
towards that goal and achieved it, now that's been taken away from them.And then there's people like me who were a few weeks short of hitting 2,000. This evaporated my motivation to play. Don't get me wrong, I love to play WvW, but there are days I love it a bit less than other things I could be doing. On those days, I used to think, "Oh, let's play a bit anyway and get a few levels in. Keep the momentum going!" Now, that consideration will never fall in favor of WvW again.

I really don't get this. You close to 2000 so there was a good chance hitting 2000 would of evaporated your motivation to play too. I mean goals are good but if you have enough tickets make the set if not then the motivation would be to get enough.I will now probably play a lot less for a long time than I would if I could have ended this undertaking with a feel good moment. This soured me on the whole thing, I'm yet to even bother to go buy the armor. Like I said, I love to play WvW, but I love the idea of playing it a whole lot less right now. If there wasn't a lot to do in PvE at the moment, I would probably go on a break and not play this game at all for months.

@Xca.9721 said:PvP Rank 100 is a lot faster to get than 2k WvW Rank

yes.. I don't even need to grind pvp and I have enough rank to purchase pvp armor but the problem is I need to get enough tickets xD by playing it more.WvW 2k rank is you need to play for years if not months of full dedication in wvw everyday to get that rank.I got my armor thank you anet. I was very happy. after I got it.. the only thing I like the armor is the flying tentacles. the dye option of the armor is not so good especially medium armor. light armor is ok. I didn't get heavy because I think pve raid heavy is nicer. :) but thank you for the changes.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:This game is almost 10 years old. Participation numbers aren’t great for WvW. The devs lessen the grind some and y’all complain? Sad.

You might want to double check the logical consistency of your statement. If ANET is concerned with participation numbers, why reduce the quantity of time required to obtain a prestige reward? That would be a counter-productive change (but still inline with ANET's "philosophy" on anything)

Are you really bothered that the devs reduced the grind? Like really?

Bothered, but for reasons other than what you assume. I look at it like how a game like X-Com works. You have a limited number of action points per turn, and if you don't use them strategically or without a plan, you're not going to be successful.

There should be no doubt in anyone's minds that ANET is lacking in resources. There is overwhelming evidence to support this. Too many issues have been overlooked for far too long.

But this? This is what they came up with? They sat in a planning meeting, and THIS was what they decided that WvW needed?

Did I miss the dozens of threads of players complaining that getting to rank 1500-2000 for a cosmetic skin was too much? I mean amidst the dozens upon dozens of threads complaining about map coverage / links, stealth, warclaw, downed state, dragon banner, server lag, bugs/exploits/hackers, lack of rewards, disparity of rewards between WvW and PvP, the allocation of rewards/tickets across the Wood - Diamond tiers.......out of all that, THIS was what they decided to spend their action points to implement?

And that doesn't bother YOU? Well congrats, I guess you must be the type of player ANET is catering their game towards. Enjoy the power. /shrug

Players kept asking Anet for improved ways to gear up for WvW. Anet decided to lower the requirement. No big deal, especially on a game almost 10 years old, that also happens to be exceptionally grindy and repetitive. And again, not everyone lives in wvw and plays 20 hours a day, so keep that in mind.

And regarding this... “ Well congrats, I guess you must be the type of player ANET is catering their game towards. Enjoy the power.”... I guarantee I have more suggestion threads than you, and I’m well aware of issue with all areas of this game. I’m mostly a roamer since forever and close to rank 2000, and the 1.5k - 2k requirement was too much for the average participant who doesn’t zerg or play 20 hours a day.

Also, “enjoy the power”? I have over 20 legendary weapons. Full medium raid leggy armor. 2 leggy packs. All leggy trinkets except for amulet. I have over 400 individual ascended gear pieces... So let’s not assume I need “power” through gear. I don’t need anything gear wise, but it’s nice that the devs reduced some of the required grind.

@Roxory.9854 said:

@Penniegrim.9123 said:I just got gold rank and I'm a bit disappointed about this change. I saw it as something to strive for while collecting the needed Items to make it legendary. now I feel, surprisingly, a bit robbed.Being within touching distance of 2,000 myself, it does feel rather anticlimactic. The new goal ahead isn't exactly a realistic replacement. (10.000)

Edit: I have been a bit bored with WvW for a while now, but I hung in there to hit 2,000. So yes, this certainly takes away the motivation to play.

More edit: And now I feel all those marks I've been saving have suddenly become pointless. The sublime armor doesn't require them.

I agree, I feel like wvw'ers have been putting in so much effort to keep this amazingly wonderful game mode alive but the motivation to go on and continue was just stripped away by clueless devs. Anyone that has ever played the game knows level 10,000 is a ridiculous goal and a title you cannot even equip in wvw is a horrible reward for such an achievement. It would be no different if you were to decrease to Li needed for PvE armor by 75% and then say you need 50,000 hours in raids for God of Raids title... The more you take away long term goals the sooner people will be done and move on and there are a lot of cool games coming out soon!!

Roxy, finding a wvw guild that has regular guild raids is one way to get you attached to the game mode. if you rely on open tag only, it will get bored. I found a guild to play with and has been playing with them the last 5 months. didn't feel like its been 5 months but yeah. there are few guilds out there that still play together. hope you find them and keep you motivated. after all this is guild wars.. fight together as a guild or with alliance xD in gw1 we have up to 4 alliance if I remember correctly.

@"Jilora.9524" said:

WvW rank is not skill based. It's time based. There is no legit way to determine skill as you can buff WvW rank with boosts and enrichment and food etc. The title is not oh that's a great WvW player. I mean he could be but it is more this guy put in the time and probably played all 8 years. You are upset over not getting a title because some scrub support build never w/o 20 other dudes is 10k. There is no title they could give to prove you are a good WvW player. Just because I can kill a whole bunch of guild players when I catch them alone doesn't mean I'm better either. Same goes for a guild that never leaves spawn w/o 30.

This is where you are not understanding. This "God of WvW" is not time based either. I have played 7,319 hours over 2,910 days, probably 95% of that time in WvW. How have I NOT "put in the time and probably played all 8 years" while the zergling who is considered a "God WvW" has?

You're right that this is not a title based on skill, but it's not based entirely on time devoted to the game mode either, it is primarily dependent on ktraining with a zerg or farming EoTM 24/7 for weeks/months back when it was the fastest way to rank up.

You claim there "is no title" that could prove you are a good WvW player, but Anet could be reasonable and not solely require 10K rank to unlock this "God of WvW" title. Another alternative path to unlock it could be if you have completed all the main achievements in WvW that everybody has access to. It would at least give those of us who do things other than zerging when we're playing WvW a means to unlock an otherwise unobtainable title.

Currently I've completed:-Emblem of Avenger (108 times)-Emblem of Conqueror (29 times)-A Pack Dolyak's Best Friend-All We See, We Own-Going Camping-Master of Disaster-Nice View From Up Here-Realm Defender-Repair Master-Stay Out!-Stonemist Stands Firm--Again-Stopped Them Cold-Take Everything in Sight-Walls Get in the Way-Yakslapper-Spring Tournament 2014: 2nd Place (x2 for some reason) <-- I don't count this as part of what would unlock the title because newer players obviously can't complete this one

Incomplete:-Realm Avenger (139,023 / 250,000 kills)-God of WvW-Icebrood Saga Reward Track <-- not even sure what it takes to earn this one, maybe I just missed activating the reward track and now have missed it, idk

Honestly, given how many people ranked up to 10k using EOTM (or traded kills in OS to get UD), it is pretty tonedeaf that they pick rank 10K as the sole path to unlocking a "God of WvW" title but don't consider the types of players who don't just follow a tag and ktrain or faceroll pugs every time they're in WvW. That is the point of my original post and the fact that you defend this silly title and it's even sillier criteria is beyond me when there are viable alternative ways to unlock a title like this that recognize more playstyles than just the zergling who thinks the only way to WvW is to stack on a tag and press 1111111111111. People could complete all of the other core WvW achievements except Realm Avenger/UD, the tournament achievements, and Icebrood Saga Reward Track and that should qualify them for a title like this too because they've certainly "put in the time" as well to complete all those achievements.

What's funny is I'd probably never use the title because I don't use titles in the first place, but I was just pointing out how myopic the criteria was for this particular title and what a slap in the face it is for people who roam and scout and do the various other things found in WvW that are equally valid parts of the game mode and experience playing it. I'm pointing out I'm sick and tired of Anet's mentality being that the only way to legit play WvW and earn achievements and rewards is to follow a tag and turn your brain off. They clearly put next to NO thought into this title and want to put even less work into the meager bones they throw the WvW community, otherwise I would not be complaining about such a tonedeaf move.

@nativity.3057 said:

@"Eramonster.2718" said:OP had a solid point and remains undisputed. It's about the value and effort for players that have acquired the skin/Legendary.

To clarify; Using the point about Tickets for example.Yes, players are still time-gated by it. But so were the players that already acquired the skin/Legendary, they paid the same price, was time-gated by it as well
plus more (WvW rank)
which is; at the moment exempted without compensation. That's what OP pointed out. Hope this example makes it clearer.

OP's point is "I got the skin when it was at its highest cost. If other players don't pay this same amount, they shouldn't deserve the skin".Issue with this kind of question is that it is always hotly debated.

I do have an issue with OP pointing out how the Exotic version of the skin is available at rank 500, and that the skin is all that maters. Exotic to Ascended armor is, like people mentioned before, the least noticeable upgrade compared to weapons and accessories. But it's still an upgrade with 6 infusions slots (and the infusions that make the most difference is vit/toughness/concentration). It's like keep buff but permanent.

Having access to Ascended selectable armor is nice. Before, the only option for stat selectable ascended armor was raids and PvP (iirc there is no stat-selectable ascended armor from living world).It's not like the actual cost in terms of tickets and memories changed. It's just the rank required to obtain the two. And honestly, rank was the least important aspect of WvW.

If I'm not wrong with the process of obtaining Mistforged.

1st Tier (Triumphant) : from Triumphant Armor Box reward track.

2nd Tier (Triumphant Hero) : With tickets through NPC in WvW. This armor has 2 version, exotic and ascended (only the Asc version 500 rank, can be upgraded into Legendary). But players only need to obtain either one; exotic or ascended version of the piece to unlock Mistforged.

3rd Tier (Mistforged skin, 500 rank now) : tickets through NPC in WvW. Asc and can be upgraded to Legendary as well.

Players were able to obtain Asc/Legendary with rank 500 even before the recent change. The only difference was the skin (without the glowing light tentacles/wings). Hence why OP was right, it only devalued the skin/item.

@Eramonster.2718 said:2nd Tier (Triumphant Hero) : With tickets through NPC in WvW. This armor has 2 version, exotic and ascended (only the Asc version 500 rank, can be upgraded into Legendary). But players only need to obtain either one; exotic or ascended version of the piece to unlock Mistforged.

3rd Tier (Mistforged skin, 500 rank now) : tickets through NPC in WvW. Asc and can be upgraded to Legendary as well.

Players were able to obtain Asc/Legendary with rank 500 even before the recent change. The only difference was the skin (without the glowing light tentacles/wings). Hence why OP was right, it only devalued the skin/item.The second tier has no rank prerequisite. A full set of the the ascended version requires 20 Grandmaster Marks though. If you want to earn the marks playing WvW it will take a minimum of 67 weeks, but they can also be crafted.

This is why the change was so weird. They made the tier 3 version much easier to acquire, but they leave the tier 2 version at a minimum of 67 weeks.

For the same weekly effort (completing the gold skirmish track), It takes only 30 weeks now to unlock tier 1, tier 2 (exotic version) and tier 3. If you complete all skirmish tracks every week, it will only take 11 weeks, provided you can reach rank 500 in that time frame.

In all calculations, the actual time you need to spend every of the quoted weeks, depends on play style, existing rank and server circumstances. But the numbers are plainly a bit counter-intuitive now: 67 weeks for tier 2 ascended, 11 weeks for tier 3.

@crepuscular.9047 said:my advice to all those feeling proud getting wvw rank 2000 by playing the game mode all day, a virtual number that can be erased with a tap of a fingerplease take a closer look at your priorities in your life, there are more things that you can do in your real life that will make you feel proud and remember til the end of your life

You are giving advice to people how to spend their time, on a gaming forum. I hope the irony is not lost on you here.

Maybe for some this change is not about feeling proud, but once again disagreeing with a decision made by Arenanet which, in some people's opinion, hurts a game mode we love? Removing long time incentives, or creating friction between rewards like in this case between both armor sets, is not something which encourages play or faith in the developer, especially given how in PvE the exact opposite is the current design decision. Which means they know better, but actively decide to go a different way with WvW.

"I grinded the same content for hundreds of hours and so this thing / skin / pizza has prestige value.""I went to the military, so the next generation has to too."

Oh no! ...Anyway:By lowering the requirements the acquisition of these skins actually have become way more attractive and therefor can draw in much more people into wvw, a mode devoid of new content and anything interesting. I have some long time achievements myself, and I don't bother if other people can get them for less work. That's not what it's about and if you don't understand that I can't help it but you're a sad sorry person.

@"Clyan.1593" said:"I grinded the same content for hundreds of hours and so this thing / skin / pizza has prestige value.""I went to the military, so the next generation has to too."

Oh no! ...Anyway:By lowering the requirements the acquisition of these skins actually have become way more attractive and therefor can draw in much more people into wvw, a mode devoid of new content and anything interesting. I have some long time achievements myself, and I don't bother if other people can get them for less work. That's not what it's about and if you don't understand that I can't help it but you're a sad sorry person.

Basically a „but muh prestige“ thread. The change is fine, let‘s hope it draws in more players that want the tentacle chest. Since there are so many players that like shiny stuff, I bet there are some that will get lured into WvW.

@Jilora.9524 said:Did they lower ticket cost? I bet a 500 doesn't have enough tickets anyway but gets to work on a piece earlier. I have no problem with them lowering it as I have it and neither should you

I'm just over 600 and I've played since launch. Spent most of my years dueling/roaming - not so much of an objective hunter - more a people hunter. To answer your question though, yeah you get enough tickets at 500. Another thing is even if I decided to grind out WvW to gain ranks, the amount of time you have to spend in WvW just isn't possible when you have a full time job, bills to pay, girlfriend/wife, or just a life in general.

@Strider.7849 said:

@"Jilora.9524" said:Did they lower ticket cost? I bet a 500 doesn't have enough tickets anyway but gets to work on a piece earlier. I have no problem with them lowering it as I have it and neither should you

I'm just over 600 and I've played since launch. Spent most of my years dueling/roaming - not so much of an objective hunter - more a people hunter. To answer your question though, yeah you get enough tickets at 500. Another thing is even if I decided to grind out WvW to gain ranks, the amount of time you have to spend in WvW just isn't possible when you have a full time job, bills to pay, girlfriend/wife, or just a life in general.Earned tickets per rank ratio is hugely dependent on play style. To compare the 2 extremes, full on zerging will give you a lot less tickets per rank than just spending the minimum effort to keep participation up.

So, people already at or near rank 500 can comfortably do the "capture-afk" routine to build their tickets.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Given them the benefit of the doubt, I think they just worded the patch notes poorly, and the intent was to make the alternate skins more accessible by reducing the rank requirement from 1500-2000 down to 500. The question though is, why? After all this time, only now it's an issue? It wasn't a barrier of entry or anything, as we're just talking about a premium skin. I'm very curious as to why they felt the need to reduce it - exactly what 'problem' was this fix meant to address?

The fact that it takes a REALLLLY long time to get to rank 2000 lol.

Well first it was music boxes becoming tradable now it's the WvW armor becoming starters gear. In gw2 you shall never work for anything it will become common and easy to obtain. Now I'll just wait on -75%discount rank required for god of WvW perhaps 2023. Don't forget adding tradable pvp gizmos as well or add em in black lion chests while you're at it nice little exclusive to chase monthly to the corresponding month. There is so few people gaining those and you put so much effort into adding em into game it should totally be available for everyone as well. That's my 2 cents.

@"Clyan.1593" said:"I grinded the same content for hundreds of hours and so this thing / skin / pizza has prestige value.""I went to the military, so the next generation has to too."

Another ANet employee. So please tell me why your company is not producing real content for the player base? Why are you not actually delivering content the player base is asking for?

@PeerlessArch.6547 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Given them the benefit of the doubt, I think they just worded the patch notes poorly, and the intent was to make the alternate skins more accessible by reducing the rank requirement from 1500-2000 down to 500. The question though is, why? After all this time, only now it's an issue? It wasn't a barrier of entry or anything, as we're just talking about a premium skin. I'm very curious as to why they felt the need to reduce it - exactly what 'problem' was this fix meant to address?

The fact that it takes a REALLLLY long time to get to rank 2000 lol.

Its take even longer to get to 10K, what's your point. Were you just playing to get to that skin?

@Raknar.4735 said:

Basically a „but muh prestige“ thread. The change is fine, let‘s hope it draws in more players that want the tentacle chest. Since there are so many players that like shiny stuff, I bet there are some that will get lured into WvW.

If they want to draw more people, why did they not reduce the cost to get the first set of armor? Their goal is to make sales. Their sales are going to come from build templates. If their secondary goal is to bring more people in to lead to sales then they should have reduced cost to acquire the first set to allow new players to build legendary armor.

So...no this is about someone checking a box for content delivered or something else. This isn't about bringing more people in. I usually like to look at this from bothsides but...no sounding like BS and Anet is losing future funding by the post.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:my advice to all those feeling proud getting wvw rank 2000 by playing the game mode all day, a virtual number that can be erased with a tap of a finger
please take a closer look at your priorities in your life, there are more things that you can do in your real life that will make you feel proud and remember til the end of your life

You are giving advice to people how to spend their time, on a gaming forum. I hope the irony is not lost on you here.

Maybe for some this change is not about feeling proud, but once again disagreeing with a decision made by Arenanet which, in some people's opinion, hurts a game mode we love? Removing long time incentives, or creating friction between rewards like in this case between both armor sets, is not something which encourages play or faith in the developer, especially given how in PvE the exact opposite is the current design decision. Which means they know better, but actively decide to go a different way with WvW.

Personally, I see the change a little differently. I see it more as a long overdue fix to address issues with the basic way in which WXP is given out in WvW which would require massive changes to the entire wvw system to fix. Issues like the fact that while roaming and scouting are considered intentionally essential aspects of WvW gameplay but that zerg play (often rather mindless play) is heavily rewarded while equally vital things like roaming and scouting (not just player killing real roaming) gets shafted on the WXP end making the reward system before the change maybe too giving for some and unfairly long for others all just because of the rolls different classes fill.

For instance, if you main a guard you may well favor zerg play and well that is probably the best roll for guardian to be effective. In contrast, if you main a thief you may very well do more for your server's team by roaming and scouting.

For rewards to be balanced both zerg and roamer should, if they fill the role they are best at equially well and spend the same amount of time doing it then they should, get the reward at about the same time. However, that is not the case for WXP.

The roamer may never get that reward and the zergling may have gotten enough rank to get it a few times over. Its just the way WXP is. Think about it.

When you consider that, this change is totally fair and the people complaining arguably have no valid leg to stand on beyond being miffed that in some sense the status of the skins arguably went down a little. That seems pretty petty to worry much about in this game tbh.

Ideally, I guess the WXP system could have been redone to reward roaming more fairly, but in the end that would almost certain create many more problems. Therefore, I think this change makes total sense, although, I also think it would have ruffled allot less feathers if it had been done many years ago so less people felt slighted by the change which I can understand. Nobody likes it when the cool loot they got loses status but its just part of the game. Over time new things come, old things change, more people earn the once rare things and they become more common. Its unavoidable in a game without item decay. No biggie.

@Eramonster.2718 said:

@Eramonster.2718 said:OP had a solid point and remains undisputed. It's about the value and effort for players that have acquired the skin/Legendary.

To clarify; Using the point about Tickets for example.Yes, players are still time-gated by it. But so were the players that already acquired the skin/Legendary, they paid the same price, was time-gated by it as well
plus more (WvW rank)
which is; at the moment exempted without compensation. That's what OP pointed out. Hope this example makes it clearer.

OP's point is "I got the skin when it was at its highest cost. If other players don't pay this same amount, they shouldn't deserve the skin".Issue with this kind of question is that it is always hotly debated.

I do have an issue with OP pointing out how the Exotic version of the skin is available at rank 500, and that the skin is all that maters. Exotic to Ascended armor is, like people mentioned before, the least noticeable upgrade compared to weapons and accessories. But it's still an upgrade with 6 infusions slots (and the infusions that make the most difference is vit/toughness/concentration). It's like keep buff but permanent.

Having access to Ascended selectable armor is nice. Before, the only option for stat selectable ascended armor was raids and PvP (iirc there is no stat-selectable ascended armor from living world).It's not like the actual cost in terms of tickets and memories changed. It's just the rank required to obtain the two. And honestly, rank was the least important aspect of WvW.

1st Tier (Triumphant) : from Triumphant Armor Box reward track.

2nd Tier (Triumphant Hero) : With tickets through NPC in WvW. This armor has 2 version, exotic and ascended (only the Asc version 500 rank, can be upgraded into Legendary). But players only need to obtain either one; exotic or ascended version of the piece to unlock Mistforged.

Players were able to obtain Asc/Legendary with rank 500 even before the recent change. The only difference was the skin (without the glowing light tentacles/wings). Hence why OP was right, it only devalued the skin/item.

You might be right. The Tier 2 Ascended version should be purchasable, as long as you have the materials.

I think Anet's intention was to provide the Tier 2 Ascended early so players have access until they can purchase the Tier 3 armor. Issue was that the Tier 2 Ascended felt like a trap. You would rather upgrade the Tier 3 version into legendary armor, and save the marks for different armor, like PvP.

@"Eramonster.2718" said:

I think that's part of the issue, no, either ascended set could be used to make legendary. There was no rank requirement, just time gates and materials.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor

Edit from Wiki to note:WvW ComponentsThis armor retains the visual look of the Triumphant Hero's armor or Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor. You need to reach WvW rank 2000 if you want to obtain the full set of Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor only. If you're not interested in the blue aura provided by the Mistforged variant, then you can obtain a full set of legendary armor with the Triumphant Hero's armor skin instead, which has no WvW rank requirement. Each piece of WvW legendary armor requires the following: