It is nice to see all those threads about rewards paid off

subversiontwo.7501

@Zok.4956 said:Maybe someone at Anet (maybe a decision in the home office when there was no one else to talk this through) forgot that there are two tiers of ascended WvW armor: The one without a rank requirement (Triumphant Hero's armor) and this one (Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor) with the more exclusive skin and the rank requirement.

And that sentiment has been brought up many times, both here and on Reddit. I feel confident that ANET is looking to make it easier for players to craft Legendary Gear, as a feeder towards their announced (and undoubtedly monetized) Legendary Armory, and as many have stated, this looks like someone at ANET was under the mistaken belief that you needed ranks 1500-2000 to buyt the precursors required to craft legendary armor (a misunderstanding shared by MANY posters on this forum apparently), which just is not the case.

The rank requirements of 1500-2000 were to buy the T3 ascended armor pieces which have an enhanced particle effect, and required that you already had purchased the T2, but the legendary armor could be made using the T2 ascended pieces as precursors WHICH NEVER HAD A RANK REQUIREMENT TO BEGIN WITH.

@Zok.4956 said:I think it would be best if Anet would justify their decision, if this change was intentional. And if it was just a mistake, they should fix their mistake as soon as possible.

Good luck with that.

@"Infusion.7149" said:Spamming memes and troll threads is surely a brilliant plan to get attention, "dude". That's acting as if you're a child throwing a tantrum.The only one throwing tantrums here is you my dude. You're the one spurting a bunch of nonsense about other players from the people who frequent this forum, to people in fight guilds to people who transfer. All the while whiteknighting for the developers who made this mistake. You've been the one who have been hopping from point to point here and getting agitated because you've had to backpedal from tired old rehashes about business, to direction, to the pandemic to the difficulty of implementing good changes. All the while suggesting that we shouldn't talk about it, while what we talk about how it is bad business, bad direction and bad changes that are not particularily difficult to get right or make good.

My point regarding the memes in the Alliance thread was simply that the effort people put into a forum is related to their belief and health in the mode. If it is this thread that you are upset about then keep in mind that even if something is packaged a bit tongue-in-cheek it doesn't mean it's just trolling. There are valid points being made all the way up there to the OP and the same goes for other threads. Even you went on to say that you are unhappy about the route they took, which is the point of this thread. You have even since gone on to copy my argument about marks, which is the very same argument referred to in the OP.

@"Infusion.7149" said:Plus it's fact that fight guilds transferring all over the place has led to deterioration of the server communities.Why is that so? Is it perhaps because the guilds always were the community and that the people who tend to talk about feeling of community on a server level never seems to be the people who actually forms or maintains those communities.

That is actually something that ties into this topic because this is yet another change for players who do not form and maintain communities in WvW. However far-fetched it may seem, a change that would truly improve gearing options, would actually be for players who form and maintain communities here because the ends and means become perpetual. There would be a reason to play and keep playing, play for the gear and gear for the play, a true horizontal progression. It is often players in guilds who learns the need to level up and gear some alts, to keep multiple sets of gear with different stats, etc. For the guild to be flexible and able to adapt into content. It is usually those players who volunteer to swap into a Firebrand when the squad lacks them, who will be annoyed when there are long queues of unwilling players that hinders that and encourages the guilds/commanders the willing are in to move to something less bloated, with fewer people who are "yay Server", about cosmetics over gear, provide no tags and only play one bag/WXP farming build (which they also Drizzle-farm on, because, you know, new WvW) :3 .

@subversiontwo.7501 said:

@"Infusion.7149" said:Plus it's fact that fight guilds transferring all over the place has led to deterioration of the server communities.Why is that so? Is it perhaps because the guilds always were the community and that the people who tend to talk about feeling of community on a server level never seems to be the people who actually forms or maintains those communities.

That is actually something that ties into this topic because this is yet another change for players who do not form and maintain communities in WvW. However far-fetched it may seem, a change that would truly improve gearing options, would actually be for players who form and maintain communities here because the ends and means become perpetual. There would be a reason to play and keep playing, play for the gear and gear for the play, a true horizontal progression. It is often players in guilds who learns the need to level up and gear some alts, to keep multiple sets of gear with different stats, etc. For the guild to be flexible and able to adapt into content. It is usually those players who volunteer to swap into a Firebrand when the squad lacks them, who will be annoyed when there are long queues of unwilling players that hinders that and encourages the guilds/commanders the willing are in to move to something less bloated, with fewer people who are "yay Server", about cosmetics over gear, provide no tags and only play one bag/WXP farming build (which they also Drizzle-farm on, because, you know, new WvW) :3 .

Closed off guilds haven't been "the community" on any server with a server meeting / forum / website for coordination , especially ever since they made team chat (which made it easier for people to coordinate even if some haven't figured out to use chat channel tags) and also PUGmanding is a thankless job that really made new players develop into actual WvW players. PUGmanding and being able to take average or below average random players and rally them to openfield or destroy multiple organized guild groups, now that is skill. Server linking and megaservers in PvE was the detriment of WvW servers, since there is not a single instance where you can go get PvX players outside of guild chat and discord. The LFG system isn't often used for that purpose.

Also , looking back at some of the discord discussions I had with people that left regarding the July 7th damage nerf patch, some excerpts:(Commander #1)"They haven't really grasped anything from WvW. From the siege nerf, to structural nerf, to reinstating fortitude and trying to balance damage, leaving out burst skills, and nerfing stability cooldowns because it doesn't make sense to have every class doing what was once specific to a certain role. Boon stripping was nerfed but still prominent enough that if the patch rolls, stability doesn't matter as much anymore. I never really ran into any issues not using stability in large zerg battles because dodge skill exists. Stability is my stunbreaker. It's also unreliable against a bliob that can strip boons in 2 seconds. So game is still broken.

I cared to the point until they took advice from s---- guild groups and watched a decent game mode plummet into a e ---- measuring contest. I cared and left because the game had nothing left to offer. When I stopped playing and said the game was dead, PMs and messages and even guildies called me out on being a ---- for calling it a dead game. Couple months later WvW really did start dying and people started trying to collaborate on how to revive WvW which went nowhere. "

(Commander #2)"The moment that Arenanet decided to have an alpha testing team for WvW and filled that team with only fights guilds people , that game mode was dead. .... The "dev discord" got opened to more than just fights guilds but they still only ever listen to those guilds. They do not care that the game mode is supposed to be about defense and capturing wit epic fights thrown in , they say they listen but they don't: they zeroed in on the player created problem of population. No one wants good fights or a good game when they can just "bandwagon" or "alliance" on one server.There is no incentive to stick with one server and all the reason to abandon ship when the going gets tough to another server then complain about no fights because other servers are dead."

(Commander #3)"I enjoy how the balance is just to nerf things and do nothing about actual issues and to increase the cooldowns on everything , like dancing around each other spamming 1 and popping stab wasn't boring enough already. Also it's been 7 years now, what does this patch do about the core gameplay of WvW which is capturing and defending, 0. So it won't fix anything, like none of the patches ever have."

(Commander #4)"I made a post in the dev discord a year ago about it, wishing him luck. He thinks the best way to balance population is with time played instead of physical timezones and blunt numbers. It's like one guy who plays 20 hours and just gets rolled failing to take camps does not equal a guild group that plays for 20 minutes , papers things and logs out. Like no comprehension of actual worth is being put into server populations....Everyone had been talking about alliance for years on there and devs led them to believe they were actually working on it ans then we got mounts nobody asked for.

PUGs and small teams always contribute a lot to the health of a server and GW2 has done nothing but ---- on them since HoT release....They don't even understand the basic server ecosystem and what brings the average person to the game : like all the fights guilds think they are what make a server but in reality it will always be the common people who just login day after day and try to win."

Commander #4 on linking (not sure how this would work):"One of my tips for arenanet was to unlock all server populations and just let people transfer where they wanted. They'd get rich on gem transfers and the game would become more competitive. Arenanet responded with "everyone would move to one server". It's like dude, with links everyone can transfer almost anywhere they want as it is now, if they were going to stack 1 server just to win it would have already happened. Sure fairweathers might stack (servername) but that'd affect queue times and cause other problems and force change too. All population locks do is hinder alliance abilities to build communities to make challenges for the community and to fight other stacked communities.So few guilds get along with one another they'd not all transfer to one place anyways and there will always be rivals who simply hate them and try to build their own better alliance."

I've personally seen at least 5 guilds try to "alliance", and move / isolate themselves, and fall apart because the things holding them together was no longer there after they moved. Some commonalities and they devolved into that cesspool:Responding to defend a keep? Too busy GvGing in the middle of the map taking up queue space.Building defensive siege, who needs that? Tagging siege? Who has time for that? Open field siege : oh we're too good for that? Using cannons on enemies when outnumbered during offhours? Oh that's not PvP. Investing in tactics and upgrades for structures? Too much gold we're only here for loot bags. Learning every single siege point on a keep? Too much thinking. Hiding a mesmer in a keep for one hour? Too much effort, we're here to fight!

Arenanet made a GvG arena in the guildhall (too small / uses PvE skills) , in Edge of the Mists, and then Armistice Bastion but still "fights guilds" people don't actually play WvW as a capture the flag type mode and try to fight in the middle of nowhere and not defend anything. Any commander worth following will use siege, but mostly fight guilds "PvD" because they didn't want to use siege. Building a bunch of omega golems and having the coordination to superspeed / portal them with ground troops to destroy cannons is too much time and "unfun" for people only interested in fighting. I recall a year or two ago we had one server golem rush us for the entire week (when it wasn't an event) just to try to win. 120+ golems destroyed , complete with enemies' inter-guild communication on battlefield and shared teamspeak between two servers just to doubleteam and run during different offhours just for the surprise factor.

In addition, fight guilds would often troll other commanders by pulling emergency waypoint to get them off EBG or wherever. It was especially harmful when a few select guilds transferred around for the sole purpose of poaching players from servers and for no other reason. If another commander squad was dying , calling them garbage instead of helping out (in battle or with builds) was another thing I've seen.

Furthermore, the largest trend is that the guilds that only care about fighting won't put in extra effort required to win a matchup , they will just put in the one to two hours a few days and call it a week.

That's the important distinction you have to make here.