Scepter noise

Magilerax.8015

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gotta agree with this.

I play Scepter on secondary weapon as you do as CFB, and as soon as those auto attacks go off I look at the cooldown to swap back.

The sound is just obnoxious and annoying, and I'm still not 100% convinced I couldn't simply out-walk the projectiles. If I knew where they're going...

Could definitely use a rework.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Another sad guardian(willbender) here. 😐

Today I bought the super scepter skin( https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Super_Scepter_Skin https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Super_Scepter) hoping that the sound will change but its the same 😔. I don't know if this is a bug or normal. I don't even know if the sound can be changed with another skin, like hardlight scepter one (from what I see here

the sound is changed.) because I don't want to spend ~60g for nothing 🤔. Please change the sound Anet! (●'◡'●)

Edit: Can someone confirm that the hardlight scepter changes the scepter autoattack?

Edited by karsa.8513
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 11:02 AM, karsa.8513 said:

Another sad guardian(willbender) here. 😐

Today I bought the super scepter skin( https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Super_Scepter_Skin https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Super_Scepter) hoping that the sound will change but its the same 😔. I don't know if this is a bug or normal. I don't even know if the sound can be changed with another skin, like hardlight scepter one (from what I see here

the sound is changed.) because I don't want to spend ~60g for nothing 🤔. Please change the sound Anet! (●'◡'●)

Edit: Can someone confirm that the hardlight scepter changes the scepter autoattack?

I think that's the Specter sceptre default noise though tbh.

Edited by souleeter.5129

On 4/19/2022 at 4:48 AM, Kulvar.1239 said:

That sound hurt my brain. It's headache inducing.

And there's no keybind to mute the game when you switch to scepter.

I don't understand why, after years of asking, ANet did nothing.

Even no sound effect would be better than the current one.

Absolutely agreed.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 12:02 PM, karsa.8513 said:

"Hardlight weapons are a set of weapons obtained from Super Adventure Box. All weapon skins have faint particle effects when wielded and a trail, and faint sound effects during attacks"

They just add a tiny little something to the regular sound.

And judging by the wiki page for weapons with unique sounds , scepter users are screwed (Aurene skins maybe?).

I don't want to be mean but i'll be..

This thread is perfect example that feedback from forum is "trash folder" .. nobody cares. How hard it can be to change sound effect ? Or even less just reduce volume.

Look how old this thread is.. how a super small chance would make people happy and yet nothing.. Its shame..

I saw video recently one of the famous gw2 youtuber how anet listen community.. You have to be youtuber or submit ticket or i don't know.. but talking on forum means nothing. Or that annoying sound is intended so no fix.

Sorry for rant .. scepter is not popular weapon anyway.. not a big deal. Still shame. Only useful part of this forum is players helping players.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Thorne Templar.6784 said:

Since we've seen similar things happening to weapons like Ele's scepter and Engi's rifle, I really hope Guard's scepter can get some love too.

"Be careful with what yiou wish for, it might just come true". Engineer's rifle got an amazing buff in both auto attack speed and dps, then ANet backpedaled. Now the damage is decent but the fire rate is so slow and so annoying to hear and play that I entirely ditched my two engies and their only function now is alt parking and muling stuff for the characters I really play.