Without Down state, this is not GW 2

Lord of Rings.5371

I mean what happens right now doesn't change, you're being carried by a handicap put in place by a dev team from back when the Colin was in charge. Honestly I feel like the game is better without it at least as far was WvW is concerned, granted they need to FIX the classes Balance them and as well rework core kits to match the mechanics of today. Too many aspects of the core classes are outdated and need to be made into cohesion so that the E-specs can be alternatives and not just a better variant of the original class you chose.

I personally hope it stays, if that means you don't come on? Im sorry. But there are a ton of people out in WvW the energy hasn't stopped and people just keep rushing to the fight, and the fights are glorious. If we have to sacrifice the care-bears so that the mode can feel better when combat comes to an end then so be it, Downstate also makes glaring balance issues easier to spot. Because then those "one shot builds" people complain about CANT exist and will need to essentially be retooled to no longer exist, for the health of the game. (Which would do a lot for the game.)

It also would let other stat-sets then what its typical to actually be used.... opening up more build craft. All and all Downstate always seemed like a bother... I feel like in PvP it has a place, in open world PvE it has a place but in WvW? Nah. Mainly because it is just one more thing to add to the bigger fishes arsenal, if you're outnumbered you're not going to get anywhere. But now siege can be used to actually be worthwhile, tactics can cause big zergs to fail!? What a concept! Tactics in a video game?! I've never seen that before.... Oh wait yes I have. In every RvR game ever BUT this one.

@diomache.9246 said:Why do people always think they are smarter than the majority or even the devs? Hint: You are not that's why the downstate will stay.

maybe because most of this people are also better in any aspect of the game then the devs, have better understanding of max potential of class mechanics, better overall knowledge...

downstate WILL stay for sure, because gw2 is a casual game that is designed around giving bad players help and hindering good players to use their full potential. thats also the reason this game never had a halfway serious e sport scene.

@diomache.9246 said:Why do people always think they are smarter than the majority or even the devs? Hint: You are not that's why the downstate will stay.

Downstate will stay because most people benefit from it. Most people in this game blob, downstate facilitates this play style and keeps them safe from becoming victims of smaller groups that they're used to crushing under their boot thanks to downstate making them untouchable.

People defended perplexity runes when they were first added, because they were the ones using it. People defended the +40% condi food, and people defend downstate. Not because its fair or balanced, but simply because it benefits them.

Which is why it will never be removed from WvW. Our best bet is to get it re balanced, sure its only a halfway solution but it would be better than nothing.

@Zero.3871 said:

@"diomache.9246" said:Why do people always think they are smarter than the majority or even the devs? Hint: You are not that's why the downstate will stay.

maybe because most of this people are also better in any aspect of the game then the devs, have better understanding of max potential of class mechanics, better overall knowledge...

downstate WILL stay for sure, because gw2 is a casual game that is designed around giving bad players help and hindering good players to use their full potential. thats also the reason this game never had a halfway serious e sport scene.

GW2 players who think they are "good" and have "understanding" of the game are mostly prime examples of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

These threads are a fine example of that, I mean imagine playing an "action" combat game that aims for you, in a game mode with zero balance and thinking downstate is the carry, its laughable how people are so clueless.

Do you know what actual good gamers are doing? Playing competitive PvP games, not a clown fiesta of low skilled, uncompetitve, trash tier "PvP" that is WvW.

@Zero.3871 said:

If you really believe this I can't help you. Just because you play a game doesn't make you great in designing or balancing. That's comparable to someone watching football two hours a day and thinks he can play better, coach better and make better decisions.What makes a good player in this game and how do you measure it? If you beat him he is a good player, but you are great because you beat him? You beat him because you are good and he is bad? How does your profession, your latency, your build or situation influence this fight?Maybe he wasn't even 100% in the game at this moment, because he was talking to someone, maybe his build is worse or you play a build that hard counters his?

But of course that's all not what happens. You have 9000 hours in this game and because of this you know what works and what not? Why is it, that I with a similar amount of hours completely disagree? Based on your judgment I should be as evenly qualified.

tldr: No, you are not.

@diomache.9246 said:

If you really believe this I can't help you. Just because you play a game doesn't make you great in designing or balancing. That's comparable to someone watching football two hours a day and thinks he can play better, coach better and make better decisions.What makes a good player in this game and how do you measure it? If you beat him he is a good player, but you are great because you beat him? You beat him because you are good and he is bad? How does your profession, your latency, your build or situation influence this fight?Maybe he wasn't even 100% in the game at this moment, because he was talking to someone, maybe his build is worse or you play a build that hard counters his?

But of course that's all not what happens. You have 9000 hours in this game and because of this you know what works and what not? Why is it, that I with a similar amount of hours completely disagree? Based on your judgment I should be as evenly qualified.

tldr: No, you are not.

actually , devs rarely play the game. so they rely on player feedback to make decision.as players sink hours into the game they get a very good understanding about the game mehcanics, so much that they even find some OP combo devs didn't think of.(of course that doesn't concern every players. also one player spending more hours than another may not have a better comprehension about the game than the other one. but i shouldn't have to write that as it is common sense)the devs know better what they want to do with their game. but players will always have the edge in exploiting everything the game has to offer, thus have a better understanding of what is OP and what is not.

and this works for every games in existence.

@Junkpile.7439 said:Well people started to use glass gear when they should have start to use more tankkier gear. Damage didn't go up in this event. You should stay alive just like before.

Everyone will have their own interpretation. To me no downstate shows the advantage that people are discussing that group size has an overly large impact. To me it also shows that more people than should be are running glass cannon, and by balancing to that we have issues with what people define as power creep whereas in reality they are running with less armor than they should be.

I am sorry for anyone that feels they can't play the game mode they want to during the event. I would challenge those players though to try out different builds during this time as others are doing and use the time as a way to define new builds if your existing builds does not play as well as you expected. I think you will find those builds all the better next week when the event is over.

I have seen the patch notes and I play this game. What makes you think you had the ability to balance better when you can't even deal with a mechanic that is in the game since start?While your "view" on the game mode is based on your experiences and only those you believe your knowledge is greater than from developers that have your data and that from some hundred thousands others and do that for a living while you work in barber shop?

Sorry, I see a lot of people here that overestimate themself by a large margin. That's not even worth discussing.

@"diomache.9246" said:

While your "view" on the game mode is based on your experiences and only those you believe your knowledge is greater than from developers that have your data and that from some hundred thousands others and do that for a living while you work in barber shop?

You should really lay off posting about this until you've watched a few dev streams.

I cant even tell you how disenchanting watching Karl try to play Dragonhunter was..