Easiest solo open world / PVE class - specializations

Deaken Frost.7952

gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAUZltQMsNyjpRdsMijNSkMDigJ/l/LF-zRIURUxXKNlAtVAdGBhGC2PA-e

This build is really strong in OW content. Good damage and sustain(with Battle Scars, which is around 15-20 stacks during combat and i can't bring it lower even when i stand in bad stuff) with an easy rotation. Staff is only there for the sigils and for 5 which is a CC, when you swap legends the sigils on the staff activates. Weapon skill 5 is a CC, 2 is not that strong, use 4 than 3 for a combo other than that just AA. Keep up F2 which is a perma x25 Might. In Kalla use Darkrazor and Icerazor, in Shiro use Impossible Odds, when you used these skills and out of energy swap legends. Rinse and repeat.

@ASP.8093 said:

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:For bearbow use soldier or magi/cleric gear

… Then where does your damage come from?

Let's not confuse the thread here. This build WILL have damage, just not as much as some of the other builds we are talking about.

If we want to steer this thread in a continued good direction, I think we can assume that what the OP would be looking for is the most DPS that is easiest to play. IMO, that means a balance between DPS and surviving ... WITHOUT complicated rotations or other 'complicated' things. This is why I suggested Condi Mirage. You're literally just dodging and spamming weapon skills.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:For bearbow use soldier or magi/cleric gear

Let's not confuse the thread here. This build WILL have damage, just not as much as some of the other builds we are talking about.

If we want to steer this thread in a continued good direction, I think we can assume that what the OP would be looking for is the most DPS that is easiest to play. IMO, that means a balance between DPS and surviving ... WITHOUT complicated rotations or other 'complicated' things. This is why I suggested Condi Mirage. You're literally just dodging and spamming weapon skills.

Bearbow is just spam rapid fire and auto

Walk it back to the fundamentals, imo:

What makes a good Open-World build?

• Kill stuff quickly. This directly translates into accomplishing more per unit of game time played, as well as relieving pressure on your resources. The ideal build for basic exploration and most events is one that just deletes enemies quickly (ideally, with good AOE as well).
  • Sustained DPS matters, but just having a big explosive front-loaded burst is great, too.
  • Keep yourself alive. Typical advice is that you should have some defensive capabilities, like a stun break so you don't get dogpiled just because you got hit by a single knockdown. Automated healing like Thief's Invigorating Precision is great because it's very low-effort for high return.
  • Contribute to boss breakbars with CC. This short-circuits some nasty mechanics and helps everyone burst even harder.

What makes a good "Solo Everything!" build?

• Kill stuff sufficiently quickly. You're not necessary trying to set any records, but champs and bounties will have timers and you can't really call your build a solo build if you can't beat the timer. Ideally, you should still be able to clean up trash mobs quickly, but it's okay if you have to (e.g.) circle up a bunch of them first instead of just blitzing them like some zerker build would.
  • Your burst potential doesn't usually matter. Taking fifteen seconds to "warm up" before you're at full power (with condition ticks or incremental Might-stacking, e.g.) hardly matters if you're chasing a lot of content that'll take 2-5 minutes to beat.
  • Very high self-sustain through a combination of passive defense, active defense, and healing. Unless you've already done all this content ages ago and you're just repeating it for the billionth time (which is how people, e.g., do incredible solo speedruns of Fractals), you will be taking a bunch of damage as a result of being focused by hard-hitting enemies with unfamiliar attack patterns. You want to both take a few hits without dying and to recovery quickly so you can soak the next mistake. Clones and pets may also count as defense if they take aggro or body-block a bit.
  • Breakbar management really varies. Sometimes, you'll need to absolutely shred a huge bar. Other times, doing it solo will mostly be a lost cause and you're just ignoring the mechanic. I'd say learn your build's CC options very carefully, but don't sacrifice other aspects (especially sustain/defense) for better CC output. Consumable CC is your friend.

Note that an optimal HoT-boss/bounty/&c. soloing build is very powerful and very forgiving as well, but it's not actually easier to play than a regular open-world build for most content. Because melting enemies quickly is just as safe as tanking them for a while in most contexts; it's only when there is no "quickly" that sustain starts to matter a lot.

Condi Herald with Dire or Trailblazer stats and tormenting runes can trample almost everything; not the highest dps but has the highest durability.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PmxAke7lhQKsIyiJRXMICjBSiMBqgj7SdrD-zRJYkRLfZ0RBESK49BJI6tsonG-e

Power Herald can melt any HoT/PoF hero point thanx to the insane tolls to break defiance bars and survive very well in open world but is not as durable soloing bounties or fractal bosses. Is also harder to play than condi Herald.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmxAwyZlxQKMPyi1RXMOCjRSiMCqgpsVezE-zRIYR09fKtpAyUE0pQoCJgGPJhRvGK8aB-e

Burn Firebrand has bigger dps and can reach 2k condition damage while having 3.2k armor and over 22K HP, but is slow moving and his sustain got a hit after the latest patches. Still, very powerfull and easy to use:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWABc6t3lRwAZVsP2IWyWevKA-zVZYXB9xFNcgsRMUKJUANmAZGBdGCOcSCi9wbZRPN-w

@mizaru.1385 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

@Taril.8619 said:Honestly, just pick a class, give them Trailblazer gear and you're golden ;)

I mean, no, because you need to carefully pick out skills/traits that layer enough conditions to make it actually worthwhile.

If by "Carefully pick out skills/traits" you mean, pick the obvious Condi build that each class has then yes.

If you mean that this is in some way difficult... Then no. It is not. Especially since if you struggle for some reason, you can just visit Snow Crows/Metabattle and pick out one of the already optimized Condi builds that has skills and traits all nicely listed for you to copy....

This is not good advice. No, TB armor coupled with condi on whatever class is NOT going to achieve what the OP is asking for. The 'optimized' condi builds on Snow Crows/Metabattle are not optimized for OW.

Trailblazer gear offers the most defence while providing significant boosts to condition damage.

Snow Crows/Metabattle (MB having an "Open World" section) pick all the condition damage things.
IF
for some reason, you are incapable of doing so yourself, given how straight forward condi builds are.

This
WILL
work.

See: That guy who likes to post videos of his TB Condi Weaver soloing everything. My own Condi Engie that solo's everything. Various Firebrands that solo everything. Mirages that solo everything. Condi Revenants (Both E-Specs) that solo everything.

The only thing that I'm not 100% sure on is if Condi Thief and Condi Zerker can solo stuff particularly well. The former because there's not much support for Condi builds in the class (Though, I'm reasonably sure that there could be a Condi DD build that would function for this purpose) and the latter because that 300 toughness loss hits the tankiness pretty hard.

That weaver guy soloing everything uses all Dire gear actually

I think I'm the weaver guy? LoL Just wanted to point out I use Dire because I focus on burning (75-90% damage from burning) and use balthazar runes. This means I don't need the expertise trailblazer provides. Otherwise I would use trailblazer.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

@"Laila Lightness.8742" said:For bearbow use soldier or magi/cleric gear

I'll second this. Cmirage with staff/x is the most effortless survival build you can play. You can literally ignore all of your skills, slot all signets, or just push buttons at random. You can even stand in fire! As long as you keep pushing dodge and auto-attack you will be very difficult to kill. Don't believe it? Here's video proof!

Also, thought I would add that you don't have to play this build like a potato, standing in fire with all signets and no weapon swap. That was just to demonstrate that it's so easy you almost can't lose with it! But you can also play it stronger and smarter by pairing staff with a better damage weapon. Scepter and axe are both good choices, depending on how you want to play it. Here's a sample of what axe and staff can do for Cmirage:

• 4 weeks later...

@ASP.8093 said:I think it's useful to note that the builds that can solo anything aren't necessarily optimal for doing most things quickly, because those builds (especially the more forgiving ones) tend to trade some offensive power for survivability and self-sustain.

If you want to be absolutely safe and turtle your way through almost anything, Condi Mirage is a pretty solid option. It's a very tanky spec that kites exceedingly well and does all of its damage by stacking a bunch of annoying little conditions over time.

I think a better balance of offense and defense is actually Torment Rev (Herald or Renegade): you have very strong condition output with Mace/Axe and Mallyx, Trailblazer gear lets you eat a good deal of incoming damage that would drop Zerker builds, and Rune of Tormenting turns your condition output into pretty beefy self-sustain. I personally prefer Renegade over the Herald version because having a second condition weapons lets you stack a ton of Torment and Burning really fast, but just going full melee and abusing Infuse Light is also pretty good.

One thing I really like about the Rev builds is they actually handle trash pretty quickly, because you can use Call to Anguish to pull a bunch of enemies together into a single pile, drop a big condition burst on them, and then you've basically done because they'll tick to death in a few seconds.

How does it compare with power dragon hunter when farming in places like Dragonfall and Drizzlewood? Does condi renegade hit fast and hard enough to actually get decent loots from mobs?

@Deaken Frost.7952 said:What is currently the easiest class, specialization to play open world content, where you can also make some mistakes?Like solo bounty hunting, or soloing legendary champs or some group events?

In my opinion Ranger have a pet that can tank and revive you the da best hehe xD. By the way not everything is soloable, there are champs that are easier and others extremely hard to solo specially legendary, good gear like ascend and legendary helps but is not everything it all depends on traits, skills, build etc etc and most important player skill.

@tinyasian.8941 said:How does it compare with power dragon hunter when farming in places like Dragonfall and Drizzlewood? Does condi renegade hit fast and hard enough to actually get decent loots from mobs?

If you run Viper's, yeah: your power damage is quite decent, you've got a lot of AOE on both Shortbow and Mace/Axe, the Renegade minor traits are great with hybrid gear because you get +33% crit chance to compensate for the mediocre Precision, and some of your DPS is burning, which ticks really fast.

And then you can switch to Trailblazer to solo bosses or whatever, if you want.

(Note also that maps like Dragonfall and Drizzlewood are primary event loot dispensed via chests. So your ability to tag in absolute terms probably isn't the most important thing here.)

@ASP.8093 said:

@tinyasian.8941 said:How does it compare with power dragon hunter when farming in places like Dragonfall and Drizzlewood? Does condi renegade hit fast and hard enough to actually get decent loots from mobs?

If you run Viper's, yeah: your power damage is quite decent, you've got a lot of AOE on both Shortbow and Mace/Axe, the Renegade minor traits are great with hybrid gear because you get +33% crit chance to compensate for the mediocre Precision, and some of your DPS is burning, which ticks really fast.

And then you can switch to Trailblazer to solo bosses or whatever, if you want.

(Note also that maps like Dragonfall and Drizzlewood are primary event loot dispensed via chests. So your ability to tag in absolute terms probably isn't the most important thing here.)

Is this your main?

Do you have the build can share?

@"tinyasian.8941" said:Is this your main?

This is a good example of a high-DPS version for group play or aggressively soloing stuff: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Renegade_-_Condi_DPS

Here's an alternative Viper build with Rune of Tormenting and Battle Scars for a lot of passive healing (otherwise plays mostly like the one above): http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUlflhQLsIKjJRaMIajBSjMBygjul9TF-zRJYmRNfhEXIkbC0RF49sw70G-e

Here's the Trailblazer version I like for hard solo stuff, derived from a very similar WvW build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUlflhQHsIyhJRPMIqhBSfMBKgju06TF-zRRYchWRG1E1FSOJQuVQvhg3zyieaA-e(You can add more sustain by trading the Dire pieces for Plaguedoctor's or by going 2-2-2 in Corruption. I haven't really needed it for the HoT bosses, though.)

I mostly main Deadeye (just a normal squishy rifle build, to kill stuff fast from range) or Firebrand (to play healer in Fractals).

@ASP.8093 said:

@"tinyasian.8941" said:Is this your main?

This is a good example of a high-DPS version for group play or aggressively soloing stuff:

Here's an alternative Viper build with Rune of Tormenting and Battle Scars for a lot of passive healing (otherwise plays mostly like the one above):

Here's the Trailblazer version I like for hard solo stuff, derived from a very similar WvW build:
(You can add more sustain by trading the Dire pieces for Plaguedoctor's or by going 2-2-2 in Corruption. I haven't really needed it for the HoT bosses, though.)

I mostly main Deadeye (just a normal squishy rifle build, to kill stuff fast from range) or Firebrand (to play healer in Fractals).

Thanks!

I tested the build yesterday and I personally prefer DH better, it seems like DH actually kills all the mobs much faster. Maybe I’m no longer into condi build that’s why.

Looks like my revenant will be used solely for WvW only.