Still wish we could toggle unsheathing our weapons.

I know I'm just another voice in the mass of people that have asked for this feature before since the game's release, but I figure I should let my voice be heard too, even if it falls on deaf ears.

I've always wanted this feature, being able to have a toggle for unsheathing your weapons, as the oftentimes it's much more enjoyable for me to watch my character keep their weapons out, especially for the roleplay aspect of it. It's always a pain to do that though, as you automatically sheathe your weapons after a moment or two. So if I want to keep my weapons out, I have to repeatedly press the autoattack button just so they stay unsheathed, which is certainly annoying to me to have to do constantly. Same thing goes for when I want to look at the idle animations for wielding weapons. Sometimes I don't even get to see those animations properly because they get cut off by the automatic weapon sheathe.If there could just be a hotkey to toggle your weapon's sheathe or unsheathe, I'd be happy, as I imagine many other players would be as well. I know this will fall on deaf ears, but... still. Felt the need to say this regardless.

@"notebene.3190" said:I have a toggle. Mine is Z. Not sure if that was the default. I don’t know if they stay out at that point, as I’m more of a “sheathed/hidden/why do I unsheathe my weapon when I’m logging” type person.

Sadly the weapons seem to get auto-stowed after a some time (likely the same time as for "normal" autostow).

You can keybind it. Not sure what default is, I have it on U for Use. It does autostow after a while but at least you don't have to hit autoattack to draw a weapon and you can draw it right away again if you still want it out.

I use the keybind more for putting the weapon away, myself. I don't feel right standing at the bank with two pistols out.

it personally doesnt bother me but for the OP/others, what they can do is add something in the options:Auto-Sheathe Weapon Timer: < Off, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes >

don't know how much work it'd take Anet to implement it but i imagine it wouldn't be too hard to code the functionality for it.

@Kabosu.5149 said:I know I'm just another voice in the mass of people that have asked for this feature before since the game's release, but I figure I should let my voice be heard too, even if it falls on deaf ears.

I've always wanted this feature, being able to have a toggle for unsheathing your weapons, as the oftentimes it's much more enjoyable for me to watch my character keep their weapons out, especially for the roleplay aspect of it. It's always a pain to do that though, as you automatically sheathe your weapons after a moment or two. So if I want to keep my weapons out, I have to repeatedly press the autoattack button just so they stay unsheathed, which is certainly annoying to me to have to do constantly. Same thing goes for when I want to look at the idle animations for wielding weapons. Sometimes I don't even get to see those animations properly because they get cut off by the automatic weapon sheathe.If there could just be a hotkey to toggle your weapon's sheathe or unsheathe, I'd be happy, as I imagine many other players would be as well. I know this will fall on deaf ears, but... still. Felt the need to say this regardless.

Honestly one could say that it's such a minor thing that there would be no point in wasting time on it, but that's the thing, switching to a permanent toggle wouldn't take any time at all.