[UPDATED] Guild Wars 2 is Coming to Steam - [Merged]

On 6/22/2021 at 11:32 AM, SaskiaElite.8132 said:

Are we going to get ANY news about Steam release anytime soon? I do want to buy the expansions via Steam store because that's the only way I can get it, plus it is easy that way, I know it going to need of creation of a new account or use Steam directly basically new game so I don't mind, just release it soon please, it is been months,

Thank you

You’re welcome.

Posters discussed this on Steam. You can read more in the link below but beware. They make our trolls here look like angels.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1284210/discussions/0/3128289322275838447/

There’s speculation that the delay has to do with Steam’s commission rate. This is possible since that’s the reason other companies refuse to put their games on the platform.

Either way, I hope the information helps.

Edited by Ardenwolfe.8590
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

You’re welcome.

Posters discussed this on Steam. You can read more in the link below but beware. They make our trolls here look like angels.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1284210/discussions/0/3128289322275838447/

There’s speculation that the delay has to do with Steam’s commission rate. This is possible since that’s the reason other companies refuse to put their games on the platform.

Either way, I hope the information helps.

Speculation isn't information, it's a guess. The only information we have is that it's on hold indefinitely.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

• 5 months later...

I have a huge Steam library (much smaller than other by comparison), however when it comes to MMO platforms or EA Games (prior to moving to Steam), there were less problems since you didn't have to go through a middle-man (Steam). Also the fact that you can't no longer disable Steam update---is detrimental for people with slow internet speed. It is nice to have everything on Steam, but platform like GOG (when certain games are available) have no DRM and is your forever regardless if that platform shut down someday. You can always add non-Steam games to steam as a last resort. Hope that help.