Skimmer Advanced Course in Lion's Arch is bugged

@Naxos.2503 said:

@def.9562 said:Work-around for skimmer advanced course: hold C from the start of the race until you reach the underwater part. Credit to Mists Rise.

Doesn't do the trick for me, still autofails immediately on mounting skimmer

You can ignore the pop-up. As long as you see the silver and gold badge boons and the checkpoints, you're still in the race and eligible for completion.

Yeah, it's not ideal, but you can finish the race even without a skimmer.The race quest vanish as soon as I get out of a skimmer (if I do it with one), but as long as I finish and get silver/gold, it finishes the achievement.After the race is completed, I still have the race markers over the map (the bubbles to get through).

Yep can confirm it's not working, immediately resets, or after a few seconds. C skill and timer disappears. Tried holding down C as suggested above but that didn't help. If people can swim without a mount through the course and complete it, props to you, but I don't think that was how it was supposed to work? A fix perhaps Anet?

I just beat the race using a mix of Skimmer, Beetle and undewater dash skills.Even though the race didn't trigger you can still complete it so long as the silver buff is on you as you complete the course.. you don't need the skimmers underwater ability or the race to be active to complete the achievement, only the silver race buff icon.

I got the achievement done but my skimmer still doesn't have the underwater ability.Nevermind! Just realized once you beat the achievement you need to complete a mastery line!

To give a more detailed walkthrough of the work-around:

1. Talk to NPC, start the race by pressing the Play button.
  2. As soon as you mount the skimmer, you'll see the C ability pop up. Press and hold C (Default keybind. DO NOT LET GO).
  3. The adventure window will pop-up after a few seconds, keep holding C and close the pop-up with the Close button. If you see gold and silver badges in your boons as well as checkpoints ahead of you, you're still technically in the race.
  4. Proceed through the checkpoints while holding C, there will be one checkpoint underwater during which you have to keep holding C down as you surface back on land.
  5. After a few more checkpoints you reach the main underwater section of the race, here you can let go of C. (Note: you have to stay underwater from now on)
  6. Continue the race until the finish line.

Good luck

ArenaNet...can we get a response to this? Is the issue in hand, is there an eta for a fix?

The work around detail kindly posted by others unfortunately does not work for me. As soon as I press 'Play', the C skill displays and immediately disappears regardless of when I press my C button.

When I've gone around the course (not using the C skill because it doesn't exist for me), it doesn't show I've completed the race but instead, the checkpoints reappear. About 1/3 of the way around the course, one of the checkpoints won't clear which totally stops me progressing. The only way I can reset the race is by leaving Lion's Arch. :'(

You can reset the adventure by starting it over again.

You get credit for the collection by completing the adventure while still having the silver medal buff.

The whole “hold C” thing is nonsense.

You can get silver by having a combination of movement speed increases, swim infusion, and movement skills. At the final part where you reach land, use the raptor.