Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Glyph of Reaping still deactivated in other players' home instances


Recommended Posts

The use of the gathering tool upgrade Glyph of Reaping for resource nodes in other players' home instances was deactivated around the time ascended cooking was introduced. This made sense back then, given that there was a bug with the ascended crops. But the ascended crops can no longer be gathered by players other than the instance owner anyway, so could you maybe consider giving us back the functionality of the Glyph of Reaping for the regular nodes in other players' home instances?

Several of my friends bought the Skyscale Hatchling Harvesting Tool from the gemstore just for this glyph, so that we could all gather together much faster in my home when I opened it for my friends. It was a really joyful experience for everyone to be done with the gathering that much faster. Now, however, it's very frustrating to be unable to use the functionality of that expensive glyph for the majority of our daily gathering, and we can't even understand the reason why this glyph has not been turned back on. Please let us use the glyph on the regular nodes in other players' homes again?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I was interested in buying this for my Alt accounts, but luckily I found out in time that it does not work when guesting in another's Home instance. No sale, off course. I feel for the people who had bought this glyph/tools prior to the change. I hope they asked for a refund.

There was some problem with Guests being able to harvest the Garden plots or something but I can not understand what the big problem is in solving this. The most infuriating is probably that Anet keeps silent on issues like these, and so many other issues that bother people. Just a few replies here and there from an Anet dev or community manager would alleviate so much. We only see a few sparse replies with hardcore problems like the recent Rollback. Worst communication I know from any MMO company but I guess we all know that already.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sapphirine.1023 said:The use of the gathering tool upgrade Glyph of Reaping for resource nodes in other players' home instances was deactivated around the time ascended cooking was introduced. This made sense back then, given that there was a bug with the ascended crops. But the ascended crops can no longer be gathered by players other than the instance owner anyway, so could you maybe consider giving us back the functionality of the Glyph of Reaping for the regular nodes in other players' home instances?

Several of my friends bought the Skyscale Hatchling Harvesting Tool from the gemstore just for this glyph, so that we could all gather together much faster in my home when I opened it for my friends. It was a really joyful experience for everyone to be done with the gathering that much faster. Now, however, it's very frustrating to be unable to use the functionality of that expensive glyph for the majority of our daily gathering, and we can't even understand the reason why this glyph has not been turned back on. Please let us use the glyph on the regular nodes in other players' homes again?

It might still be deactivated becouse people can then plant 11 ascended and 1 normal to still harvest other people asceneded materials maybe?

@Tyncale.1629 said:I was interested in buying this for my Alt accounts, but luckily I found out in time that it does not work when guesting in another's Home instance. No sale, off course. I feel for the people who had bought this glyph/tools prior to the change. I hope they asked for a refund.

There was some problem with Guests being able to harvest the Garden plots or something but I can not understand what the big problem is in solving this. The most infuriating is probably that Anet keeps silent on issues like these, and so many other issues that bother people. Just a few replies here and there from an Anet dev or community manager would alleviate so much. We only see a few sparse replies with hardcore problems like the recent Rollback. Worst communication I know from any MMO company but I guess we all know that already.

Yes the problem was they have to be replanted if the owner harvest them and not if a Guest do it so free unlimited seeds.

That the Owner can then hire out and take a % on forever, that was not intended.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Linken.6345" said:It might still be deactivated becouse people can then plant 11 ascended and 1 normal to still harvest other people asceneded materials maybe?

That's possible, yeah, though there has to be a better way to prevent people from harvesting the ascended plants than keeping an expensive glyph deactivated for the whole home instance? It would be so much nicer for us players if the ascended plants were "immune" to the Reaping, so that all the regular nodes can be harvested with the glyph again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...