Warrior needs a buff

@viquing.8254 said:Don't take it mad but warrior were the definition of 3 in 1 skills. Mean I clic and it did multiple strong effects each clics.4k old bullcharge = 1 evade + 1 hard CC + mobility + damage spike.2k5-> 4k old Reckless dodge = old mesmer clone death on steroïds (traits who get removed gutting a third of mesmer gameplay because of cheese.). => main damage output when facing goku or boyce.Old berserker Head butt = same as old bullcharge = breakstunt + hard CC + damage + jump.

Don't know if you understand some classes had to perform a 4 to 5 actions combo to do the same result as war prepatch.

Mean now war have to choose between sustain or damage and can't have the two in the same build which is the goal of the last big rework and what every spec should be.

Currently only warrior and elementalist have to pick between sustain or damage. Every other class gets both for free, all the time, in half their trait lines.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@viquing.8254 said:Don't take it mad but warrior were the definition of 3 in 1 skills. Mean I clic and it did multiple strong effects each clics.4k old bullcharge = 1 evade + 1 hard CC + mobility + damage spike.2k5-> 4k old Reckless dodge = old mesmer clone death on steroïds (traits who get removed gutting a third of mesmer gameplay because of cheese.). => main damage output when facing goku or boyce.Old berserker Head butt = same as old bullcharge = breakstunt + hard CC + damage + jump.

Don't know if you understand some classes had to perform a 4 to 5 actions combo to do the same result as war prepatch.

Mean now war have to choose between sustain or damage and can't have the two in the same build which is the goal of the last big rework and what every spec should be.

Currently only warrior and elementalist have to pick between sustain or damage. Every other class gets both for free, all the time, in half their trait lines.

When running power mirage I drop condiclear and had 1 breastunt. While on signet I have plethora of condi clear/disto while dropping pressure. That's the example of choice.

Warrior doesnt need as much of a buff as people think. The main problem is PvP combat is a mess, while Warrior plays too clean.

If we got rid of all this safe non commital lingering ground aoe pollution and ai, and people actually had to take risk and commit with real animations, then gameplay would actually be more legit.

But other classes cry when they get warrior-like cast times .

@viquing.8254 said:

When running power mirage I drop condiclear and had 1 breastunt. While on signet I have plethora of condi clear/disto while dropping pressure. That's the example of choice.

"breastunt"

because pressing more button means skillful....having to relying on least button to do most of the stuff with obvious animation cast and it's not instant cast steal is down side. it is way easier to play when you have more skills effect distributed to more buttons, rev/fb/holo is prime example

@Tycura.1982 said:I think war just needs a little shove while engineer needs a little shave and it will be in a decent spot.

A buff to might generation would do it or a buff to how much MMR heals.

Reckless should be blockable. I don't know if people get it but being unblockable is a nerf for warriors. It would make aegis a nonissue.

If flashbang and EE got it's due then warrior could easily go toe to toe with Holo on the side nodes.

TLDR: Small damage and sustain buff and a meaningful nerf to Holo = Decent warrior times

@Tycura.1982 said:I think war just needs a little shove while engineer needs a little shave and it will be in a decent spot.

A buff to might generation would do it or a buff to how much MMR heals.

Reckless should be blockable. I don't know if people get it but being unblockable is a nerf for warriors. It would make aegis a nonissue.

If flashbang and EE got it's due then warrior could easily go toe to toe with Holo on the side nodes.

TLDR: Small damage and sustain buff and a meaningful nerf to Holo = Decent warrior times

yes, in fact thanks to full counter, spellbreaker is close to getting back to side node.but that doesnt fix warrior's core problem.if you are fine, with daze spamming, getting back as side noder only again, that's easily replaceable with tiny adjustment and will get easily nerfed being meta side noder and be comepletely unplayable again in all roles, like it has always been.that's fine by me.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:Arenanet seemingly has no desire for Warrior to be at least decent.

I wonder what the next espec is going to be though.Probably another DPS spec that gets its damage and/or sustain nerfed few months into the expansion.

Dual wield banners support.

Banners are utilities, not weapons. Also, their kit skills were melee, yet warrior still needs a medium range (600 or 900) weapon.Warrior already got two weapons in PoF, so I doubt they get another two with the next expansion.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:Arenanet seemingly has no desire for Warrior to be at least decent.

I wonder what the next espec is going to be though.Probably another DPS spec that gets its damage and/or sustain nerfed few months into the expansion.

Dual wield banners support.

Banners are utilities, not weapons. Also, their kit skills were melee, yet warrior still needs a medium range (600 or 900) weapon.Warrior already got two weapons in PoF, so I doubt they get another two with the next expansion.

Burst skills replaced with banner mode which gives you 2 banners you dual wield for double the banner buffs

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@"Ghos.1326" said:Warrior doesn't need a buff. Other things just still need nerfs.

yeap, otherwise we get into the cycle of endless power creep again

Well its either buff one class or nerf everyone else. I think the former is easier to accomplish. Berserk wise,power is just Burst and Die. You have zero sustain and less armor as a zerk thief,which is absolutely laughable. I do think the damage is fine as it is. Condi tank is "Okish" in teamfights,solo not so much because you cant rlly cover those burns up with much else condi's so they can be easily cleansed by about anyone. Ive also ran into some core necs on my condi tank that can just life force forever and your burns wont do shit but give them more life force,so all you do is try to burn through that life force bar over and over and over and over ( I think theres something off with the life force gain on core nec,its Too much ). I still need to run Sb again and see but tbh i played sb for too long and it started to bore the absolute crap out of me. Berserk is warris most fun spec,if only it had some more "Oomph".

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Shiyo.3578 said:Burst skills replaced with banner mode which gives you 2 banners you dual wield for double the banner buffs

Why would Warriors need that, when they already have Banners as utilities?Even GW1 Paragons' Chant skills would make up for better a Burst replacement.

They aren't focused enough on banners for PvE, and banners need to be a bigger focus.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@"Ghos.1326" said:Warrior doesn't need a buff. Other things just still need nerfs.

Well its either buff one class or nerf everyone else. I think the former is easier to accomplish. Berserk wise,power is just Burst and Die. You have zero sustain and less armor as a zerk thief,which is absolutely laughable. I do think the damage is fine as it is. Condi tank is "Okish" in teamfights,solo not so much because you cant rlly cover those burns up with much else condi's so they can be easily cleansed by about anyone. Ive also ran into some core necs on my condi tank that can just life force forever and your burns wont do kitten but give them more life force,so all you do is try to burn through that life force bar over and over and over and over ( I think theres something off with the life force gain on core nec,its Too much ). I still need to run Sb again and see but tbh i played sb for too long and it started to bore the absolute kitten out of me. Berserk is warris most fun spec,if only it had some more "Oomph".

You'll know they found the right balance when every profession is on Metabattle as a Meta build.Right now, no version of Warrior is Meta.Right now, no version of Warrior is Great.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

Well its either buff one class or nerf everyone else. I think the former is easier to accomplish. Berserk wise,power is just Burst and Die. You have zero sustain and less armor as a zerk thief,which is absolutely laughable. I do think the damage is fine as it is. Condi tank is "Okish" in teamfights,solo not so much because you cant rlly cover those burns up with much else condi's so they can be easily cleansed by about anyone. Ive also ran into some core necs on my condi tank that can just life force forever and your burns wont do kitten but give them more life force,so all you do is try to burn through that life force bar over and over and over and over ( I think theres something off with the life force gain on core nec,its Too much ). I still need to run Sb again and see but tbh i played sb for too long and it started to bore the absolute kitten out of me. Berserk is warris most fun spec,if only it had some more "Oomph".

You'll know they found the right balance when every profession is on Metabattle as a Meta build.Right now, no version of Warrior is Meta.Right now, no version of Warrior is Great.

Meta battle isn't this games bible for PvP.

@Shiyo.3578 said:They aren't focused enough on banners for PvE, and banners need to be a bigger focus.

Banner poppers being the default option for Warriors in organized and semi-organized party play already is enough focus on banners.And if you want a support elite specialization using banners, noone prevents you from slotting the core banners on a hypothetical support elite specialization that doesn't focus on banners.

I'd say Warrior has an... okay place in the game at present. Middling, at best, but not terrible, nowhere near as bad as it used to be back in the dark ages. But for the love of kitten, do something about Berserker and things like the Defense line. The fact that it STILL has the auto proc traits with a 300 second cooldown on them still after so much time has passed is ridiculous; to be clear, I'm not saying auto defenses should be brought back. I'm saying that this placeholder solution has been around since February without any changes. Rework Defy Pain and Last Stand into something else already, for the love of kitten.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

You would be surprised how many think it is.

@TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:

What is then?Where is information showing Warriors are doing great?

All I see is information Warriors not GreatAll I see is information Warriors not Meta

Prove me wrong.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

What is then?Where is information showing Warriors are doing great?

All I see is information Warriors not GreatAll I see is information Warriors not Meta

Prove me wrong.

Ok I'll prove you wrong.Warrior can still hit 8k bursts in one go. That's on a 5-6 second cooldown. They don't need to literally one shot people to be good.

Warriors are still defensively good, if you take the trait line that is focused around defense: Defense. They just can't be good at sustaining damage anymore without needing to sacrifice offense like it was pre-patch.

Currently, warriors lose matchups against things that are pretty overpowered right now. Tone them down and warrior gets inadvertantly buffed, because now those overpowered things can't obliterate the warrior in small amounts of time anymore due to insane damages, boon uptimes, stack ouputs, etc.

While warriors may not be on the metabattle site, don't count them out. If I'm not mistaken, they're still listed in the great tier. Again, nerf the overperforming things and they will rise back up.

Warrior traits are still some of the most impactful per trait choice in the game. Choosing one trait over another gives great benefits and losses depending on trait choice. Which is a balanced system. Any trait that gives way too much in every direction is bad trait design and should see a nerf.

Warriors are balanced, just so many things are not balanced right now due to it being completely missed or wrongfully buffed recently. Although I think anet is slipping back into their old ways of not pushing out enough balance passes (even smaller ones that only impact a couple professions per pass would be helpful, smaller ones that address the right things), I'd still say give it some time before we need nerfs to those overperforming things. You'll see, warrior will come back.

@Ghos.1326 said:

Warriors are balanced, just so many things are not balanced right now due to it being completely missed or wrongfully buffed recently. Although I think anet is slipping back into their old ways of not pushing out enough balance passes (even smaller ones that only impact a couple professions per pass would be helpful, smaller ones that address the right things), I'd still say give it some time before we need nerfs to those overperforming things. You'll see, warrior will come back.

What do you mean slipping back into their old ways? They never stopped. So likely we'll see a little bit of good balancing in 1-2 years at best.

@"Tycura.1982" said:"Moving forward with competitive balance, we want to make smaller adjustments more often. The specific cadence for balance will always depend on our overall release schedule, but ideally it will be closer to every 4-6 weeks, while still having the opportunity to make minor tweaks outside of the regular balance update. The goal here is to have better flexibility to fix problems in a timely manner." - CMC 01/31/2020

Are you feeling it now Mr. Krabs? Are you feeling it?

216 Days of bad balance and counting.

I'd rather have Ben "SoonTM" Polywondganaland back

you also said 8k burst in one go? I'm assuming you're talking about Arcing Slice, it doesn't hit that hard unless the foe(s) you hit are below 50%, it crits, you're running zerker stats, hitting light armor without protection. I have to question just out of curiosity,have you played or do play Warrior?

@Tharan.9085 said:

Metabattle is quite an unreliable source on what is good and bad

What are the reliable sources then? Do they have Warrior in Meta or Great?Does it include Berserker?Does it include core Warrior?