Is there a source for WvW like Snow Crows/Lucky Noobs for PvE-Raid, Discretize for Fractals.

Hagbard.7192

https://gw2mists.de/builds

Of course every server and guild has their own comp.

Generally it's structured:

• Stability (Guardian of some sort generally, heralds may help with Inspiring Reinforcement , engineers may help with bulwark gyro defense field , mesmers can run mantra of concentration but it is rarer)
  • Cleanses (Scrappers , tempests ... to a lesser extent scourge/support spellbreaker)
  • Boon rips / corrupts (Scourges , chronos with Vicious expression, spellbreakers whether they are support or DPS , mallyx revs)
  • Power DPS (power heralds, power spellbreakers , power DPS scrappers , power weaver, power reaper, power soulbeasts with GS/axe/sword mainhand, staff daredevils if off meta, etc)

TL;DR firebrands because their healing and boon support is stupid OP, scrappers because their cleansing and boon support is stupid OP, scourges because their boon rip and AoE is stupid OP, heralds because AoE their and boon support is stupid OP.

Come one come all, pick your stupid OP boon support today!

usually the Wvw-specific guilds of your server should have the builds too.

earlier u had standard templates from Vabbi-eu site but those don't get updated anymore i think, the new big site for Wvw is > Gw2Mists <

technically what Dawdler said is correct, just that he describes just the Meta classes. missing out support bulky spellbreaker for "Bubble" setting (spellbreaker elite skill) and elementalists have some mad AOE bomb options

only two classes that have rather no use other than out of combat support are thief + ranger. and i think they rather deal far too much dps, because both have effective condi-bunker-stealth builds and dish out any dps really fast, therefore nerfs should rather hit them, so they get more unattractive. i see way too many of both (and mesmers) in Wvw honestly.

You can always just ask the squad your in for advice. I see most people that are trying to learn a new class for builds from the squad that they are using. If the commander does not link you a build someone in the squad will. Save a few in your storage and try them out see what works for you and your playstyle.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:only two classes that has rather no use other than out of combat support are thief + ranger.

Which is amazing as anet keeps nerfing the roaming potential of these two classes. They both are heavily single target in most circumstances which is just really bad for WvW in general.

I mean, the only role I can find for my ranger right now is to be annoying. I can pretty much escape anything, but down nothing competent. While trolling zergs is fun, PPT is ultimately meaningless so them taking our keep now or 2 minutes from now doesn't hold too much weight in the grand scheme of things.

@Excursion.9752 said:You can always just ask the squad your in for advice. I see most people that are trying to learn a new class for builds from the squad that they are using. If the commander does not link you a build someone in the squad will. Save a few in your storage and try them out see what works for you and your playstyle.

i would wish people doing that. or also on map/teamchat. or in serverguild. there are always some few veterans around, and playing a proper set + gearvariant, even the plain exotics on right stats, buffs your play sooo much.

It's uh... nothing like that for WvW. WvW build usually it will depend on your commander sometimes certain guild's playstyle could be different than the other guild.I think you can still use metabattle for general purpose but once you joined a guild etc2 they usually have spesific build in mind which maybe different in talent/skill.