Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Elite Specs for End of Dragons and New Race(s)


Recommended Posts

Some of the possible weapon changes/elite specs for End of Dragons can be as follows if Developers feel any of these are suitable:

  1. The Ranger should get the true meaning of its name with a Rifle spec. It will be a power DPS spec which should be viable for Open World, WvW, and possibly Fractals if not Raids as such
  2. The Warrior getting Dual wielding spec for Greatswords for a Power DPS spec suited for Raids, Fractals, and PvP
  3. The Necro getting Sword/Sword Condi spec for all game modes
  4. The Revenant getting Spear and Shield based tank spec for Raids, Fractals, and Dungeons
  5. The Thief getting a permanent stealth mode Longbow based Condi spec, suitable for Open World, PvP and WvW
  6. The Engineer getting a Warhorn Shield based Heal spec suitable for Raids, Fractals, and PvP
  7. The Ele getting a Weaponless spell-based Power DPS spec, suitable for Open World,
  8. The Mesmer getting a Trident based power DPS spec suitable for all game modes
  9. Hopefully, a new class of a Monk that can be a Staff based DPS or Heal spec suitable for Raids and Fractals

Besides the above, it is much speculative that the Tengu is going to be the next new spec. Several players are excited about it, but it will be nice that instead of giving a Parrot shaped spec, the Devs can think of some more diverse specs especially Ogre/Troll/Jotun and especially the Krait and Largos.

Last but not the least, please bring some decent facial hair options for all specs, particularly Norns if possible.

Sincere RegardsSunny/Eagleseye

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to see Ele get a warhammer, have it be not garbage, and give it a name like Stormbreaker. Maybe it'd get Rage or Physical skills and have a elemental break mechanic that improves weapon and uti

Way too many dps specs in your list, especially if you consider that all classes except maybe the elementalist already have dps specs.Warrior: BerserkerGuardian: Dragon HunterRevenant: RenegadeEnginee

Shouldn't the ranger get the fabled dual longbow if the warrior get dual greatsword?

Don't think thief would get another permastealth long-ranged weapon again.

Also don't think anyone is getting a "no-weapon" based spec. If anything they'd probably get dual-focus (if that's programatically possible) and they would look like fist-weapons.

Personally I think it's far more likely for us to get a new race at this point than it is a new profession. A new profession would involve core + 3 elite specs and we already have all armor weights at 3 each.

I could be wrong and wouldn't mind having another profession, just don't think it's likely when they could just find a way to bake it into something else that already exists as an elite spec.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Eagelseye.6312 said:Some of the possible weapon changes/elite specs for End of Dragons can be as follows if Developers feel any of these are suitable:

  1. The Ranger should get the true meaning of its name with a Rifle spec. It will be a power DPS spec which should be viable for Open World, WvW, and possibly Fractals if not Raids as such
  2. The Warrior getting Dual wielding spec for Greatswords for a Power DPS spec suited for Raids, Fractals, and PvP
  3. The Necro getting Sword/Sword Condi spec for all game modes
  4. The Revenant getting Spear and Shield based tank spec for Raids, Fractals, and Dungeons
  5. The Thief getting a permanent stealth mode Longbow based Condi spec, suitable for Open World, PvP and WvW
  6. The Engineer getting a Warhorn Shield based Heal spec suitable for Raids, Fractals, and PvP
  7. The Ele getting a Weaponless spell-based Power DPS spec, suitable for Open World,
  8. The Mesmer getting a Trident based power DPS spec suitable for all game modes
  9. Hopefully, a new class of a Monk that can be a Staff based DPS or Heal spec suitable for Raids and Fractals

Besides the above, it is much speculative that the Tengu is going to be the next new spec. Several players are excited about it, but it will be nice that instead of giving a Parrot shaped spec, the Devs can think of some more diverse specs especially Ogre/Troll/Jotun and especially the Krait and Largos.

Last but not the least, please bring some decent facial hair options for all specs, particularly Norns if possible.

Sincere RegardsSunny/Eagleseye

I like all of this, especially the Ele idea. I'd build on that, though. A lot of innovative profession ideas have been dropped by development. Warrior banners are effectively redundant. Once, you could wield them as weapons. Elementalists can wield conjures, but no one chooses them. Rangers have pet commands, but they're not in an optimal place right now.

Here's what I think: Bring banners back as standalone weapons via a dedicated traitline. Speccing into this traitline would allow warriors not only to wield banners, but also craft and use them as weapons. Make a traitline for elementalist conjures, allowing Eles to wield conjures exclusively, without the need for other weapons. Give ranger customisable pet UI via a traitline. Let them specify areas where pets can guard etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Eagelseye.6312" said:

  1. The Ranger should get the true meaning of its name with a Rifle spec.rang·er/ˈrānjər/noun: ranger; plural noun: rangers
1.a keeper of a park, forest, or area of countryside.2.a member of a body of armed men.

I mean, okay sure, rifle. But true meaning of its name is there in the very core mechanic and has nothing to do with rifles?

  1. The Warrior getting Dual wielding spec for GreatswordsI don't think that's even possible without a painful amount of coding. Also, it would look ridiculous.

  2. The Revenant getting Spear and Shield based tank specSo a new weapon type (since existing spears are two-handed weapons technically)?

  3. The Thief getting a permanent stealth mode Longbow based Condi specThieves already have a near permanent stealth mode with Deadeye. We don't need a redux elite specialization. Not to mention "permanent stealth mode" is broken as fuck.

  4. The Ele getting a Weaponless spell-based Power DPS specNot sure that weaponless is a possible thing, simply because of stats if not code itself. Weaponless = no weapon stats, sigils, and infusions = massive hit to DPS.

  5. The Mesmer getting a Trident based power DPS specTridents are basically underwater staves, and mesmer has both.

  6. Hopefully, a new class of a Monk that can be a Staff based DPS or Heal specI believe ANet has thoroughly established that there will not be a 10th profession. Besides, lorewise, Guardians are a merge of monks and paragons. Speaking of guardian, where's your Guardian suggestion?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Eagelseye.6312" said:
  1. The Ranger
    should get the
    true meaning of its name
    with a
    Rifle spec
    .rang·er/ˈrānjər/noun: ranger; plural noun: rangers
1.a keeper of a park, forest, or area of countryside.2.a member of a body of armed men.

I mean, okay sure, rifle. But true meaning of its name is there in the very core mechanic and has nothing to do with rifles?

A ranger is a person who should hit from a "Range" and that is possible using either LB or Rifles. Technically Rangers should have got the Rifle and not the Thief for the Deadeye. I hope the Devs would think about this and bring Rifle in it

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Stephen.6312 said:

I like all of this, especially the Ele idea. I'd build on that, though. A lot of innovative profession ideas have been dropped by development. Warrior banners are effectively redundant. Once, you could wield them as weapons. Elementalists can wield conjures, but no one chooses them. Rangers have pet commands, but they're not in an optimal place right now.

Here's what I think: Bring banners back as standalone weapons via a dedicated traitline. Speccing into this traitline would allow warriors not only to wield banners, but also craft and use them as weapons. Make a traitline for elementalist conjures, allowing Eles to wield conjures exclusively, without the need for other weapons. Give ranger customisable pet UI via a traitline. Let them specify areas where pets can guard etc.

Excellent suggestions. Hopefully, Devs take a not of this

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree about Ranger should get a ranged eli spec something like rifle or pistol should be fine, but the new race probably ain't happening because we already have 5 main playable races and its enough. But the good news is we will get one more eli spec on the next expansion for all classes and this will be probably the last one, its the chance anet will have to fix that 'missing spot' for all classes.

PS: perma stealth is the dream build of all thiefs LOL(there is a build that is almost ''perm stealth'' for thief check metabattle. I really hope anet brings a RANGED eli spec for Ranger.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bast.7253 said:Personally I think it's far more likely for us to get a new race at this point than it is a new profession. A new profession would involve core + 3 elite specs and we already have all armor weights at 3 each.

if you look past just the e-specs and armour weights -- a new race is equally as time consuming to implement as a new profession is, if not more work, tbh. you'd need a new starter city and adding this city to lion's arch portal hub, a starter zone in the open world and atleast 2 zones linked to it (so basically a level 1-15 zone along with a 15-25 and 25-35 zone), racial city npcs and guard npcs (with their own voiced lines and dialogue), extended lore (for character's backstory, if using a pre-existing non-playable race), 3 tiers of cultural gear for 3 armour weights, 3 sets of level 10 and level 20 personal stories for variety, male and female voice acting for all content (personal story until the latest content/lws/expansion) and profession specific call outs, new animations for player specific emotes like dances (if using pre-existing non-playable race).... and the list goes on... i mean you can skimp on all of those but then you'd have people complaining why does this new race don't have the features the core-races had? why are we being short-changed?

whereas adding a new profession would maybe consist of: new animations, new assets (skill icons/ui art/profession and espec related equipment), programming for skills/profession mechanic, voice acting for profession specific call outs, and maybe one or two things i forgot to list... but it does seem less work than a new race.


but yeah we're unlikely to get either given the work and resources that adding a new race or profession entails -- at the very least we'd get new elite specs (whatever those may be for all 9 existing professions)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Eagelseye.6312 said:Thanks for the above comments and discussions. I forgot to add the Guards. Here it goes

  1. The Guardians getting a dual Chain wielding weapon (like Demios) DPS spec. suitable for Open World, Raids, and Fractals

They're called flails, and we already have a small handful of flail skins for maces. New weapon types are very unlikely, especially when we already have that niche weapon type as a skin variant for another weapon.

Off-hand mace could be possible for guardian though.

@Eagelseye.6312 said:

  1. The Ranger
    should get the
    true meaning of its name
    with a
    Rifle spec
    .rang·er/ˈrānjər/noun: ranger; plural noun: rangers
1.a keeper of a park, forest, or area of countryside.2.a member of a body of armed men.

I mean, okay sure, rifle. But true meaning of its name is there in the very core mechanic and has nothing to do with rifles?

A ranger is a person who should hit from a "Range" and that is possible using either LB or Rifles. Technically Rangers should have got the Rifle and not the Thief for the Deadeye. I hope the Devs would think about this and bring Rifle in it

A ranger is not "a person who should hint from range". A ranger is exactly as I defined - a keeper of a park, forest, or a range ("a large area of open land for grazing or hunting."). Rangers, in this case, is the same kind of meaning you see in "park ranger" or the fantasy fiction use of ranger, which basically means someone who lives off the land.

Has nothing to do with fighting from range or using rifles.

Not saying ranger can't get rifle, it's just that your definition for the profession name is completely off.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Eagelseye.6312 said:

  1. The Ranger should get the true meaning of its name with a Rifle spec.Rangers in GW lore are naturalistic. That's why they haven't gotten any guns yet.

  2. The Warrior getting Dual wielding spec for GreatswordsKeep that dirt away. It's stupid to look at in WoW and certainly wouldn't be any prettier GW2.

  3. The Necro getting Sword/Sword Condi specI wouldn't mind this.

  4. The Revenant getting Spear and Shield based tank specI doubt Revenant will get another offhand shield.

  5. The Thief getting a permanent stealth mode Longbow based Condi specThis is pretty disgusting and would put PvP beyond repair forever or at least until Thieves do exactly 0 damage.

  6. The Engineer getting a Warhorn Shield based Heal specI doubt any elite specialization will get two offhand weapons at once.

  7. The Ele getting a Weaponless spell-based Power DPS specThe way the game is coded, this is impossible.

  8. The Mesmer getting a Trident based power DPS specMesmer already has access to Trident.I don't see Arenanet bringing aquatic weapon on land.

  9. Hopefully, a new class of a MonkThey won't put in any religious professions are specs, due to the beliefs (or lack thereof) of the playable races.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to see Ele get a warhammer, have it be not garbage, and give it a name like Stormbreaker. Maybe it'd get Rage or Physical skills and have a elemental break mechanic that improves weapon and utility skills but lock you into the element for a period of time.

Engineer should get a a shortbow and be a condi spec. It needs a PvP/WvW viable condi spec really badly

Mesmer is weird so i dunno what it'll get. It'll likly get reworked so its unrecognizable anyway

Necro should get Warhammer (skin looks like a great axe) but make it a condi spec (since condi scourge is peepee poopoo). Vengeance/rage theme. very in your face condi spec.

Warrior should get a support focused spec. Maybe staf and make the custom weapon look like a battle standard (not the skill). maybe some mantra skills.

Ranger should get sword offhand and give it an explorer theme. maybe give it some stealth and make it play more like a thief.

Theif needs a support spec. Make it something like scrapper but a different theme.

Rev should get Greatsword and have it be a frontlining spec with Jora as the legend.

Guardian should get a condi focused spec to diversify condi guard builds. It doesn't really need anything IMO, but maybe shortbow?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Way too many dps specs in your list, especially if you consider that all classes except maybe the elementalist already have dps specs.Warrior: BerserkerGuardian: Dragon HunterRevenant: RenegadeEngineer: HolosmithThief: DeadeyeRanger: SoulbeastMesmer: MirageNecromancer: Reaper

And I heavily disagree with your elite spec for engineer.Engi should definitely not get an offhand weapon for the next elite spec, they should get a 2handed weapon or dual wielding either axe, mace, or dagger. The reason is that engineer has the most restricted weapon pool of all classes, with just 1 mainhand weapon for core. So a new offhand weapon would mean we just get 2 new skills out of it and just 1 possible weapon combination (pistol/warhorn in your case here).

Also engineer is already a pretty good healer in core, I don't think adding barrier for the team is really needed. Engineer needs a support elite spec, but I think this spec should focus on boons for a team as well as having a new unique buff (like renegade, ranger spirits, etc) to make engineer a viable healer for high end PvE.

Also ranger needs a bruiser spec ala scrapper/spellbreaker/daredevil. Something that adds alot of CC and survivability, they don't need another dps elite spec after soulbeast.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

@"Kodama.6453" said:Also ranger needs a bruiser spec ala scrapper/spellbreaker/daredevil. Something that adds alot of CC and survivability, they don't need another dps elite spec after soulbeast.

THIS. This is what needs to happen: Anet needs to bring back the
Bunny
Thumper
!

At least thematically, yes.A spec that keeps knocking down enemies with a hammer while they get killed by their pet.They won't call it "bunny thumper", tho, since that name is a bit silly. I personally envisioned this elite spec with the name "stampede", since it works well thematically for ranger, puts emphasis on the hard CC gameplay of the spec and also shows that the enemy will get overrun by pets (I would like this elite spec to be able to summon 2 pets at the same time with reduced stats).

Which utility skill type do you think would fit best for such a spec? Physical skills might work in my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fueki.4753 said:I don't see Arenanet bringing aquatic weapon on land.I could see spear being added to land. But not trident or speargun since they're basically staff / rifle for underwater.

Of course, if they do make land spears, then I bet they'll just make turn it from land / aquatic weapons to amphibious weaponry, and straight up merge staff / trident and rifle / speargun together, and add underwater skills to all/most the other weapons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Kodama.6453 said:Also ranger needs a bruiser spec ala scrapper/spellbreaker/daredevil. Something that adds alot of CC and survivability, they don't need another dps elite spec after soulbeast.

THIS. This is what needs to happen: Anet needs to bring back the
Bunny
Thumper
!

At least thematically, yes.A spec that keeps knocking down enemies with a hammer while they get killed by their pet.They won't call it "bunny thumper", tho, since that name is a bit silly. I personally envisioned this elite spec with the name "stampede", since it works well thematically for ranger, puts emphasis on the hard CC gameplay of the spec and also shows that the enemy will get overrun by pets (I would like this elite spec to be able to summon 2 pets at the same time with reduced stats).

Which utility skill type do you think would fit best for such a spec? Physical skills might work in my opinion.

I mean, I was only half serious about the name, but yeah I'd take hammer for Rangers in a heart beat. Especially over Rifles, I happen to like the Ranger's nature theme.

The double pets thing would probably be a hard sell, but it might be viable if done really well, which I'm not sure Anet can do anymore. But however its done the Elite mechanic would have to focus on Using the pet rather than ignoring it like Druid did, or reallocating it like Soulbeast did.

Still don't understand why this thread is in Lore...

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Eagelseye.6312 said:Some of the possible weapon changes/elite specs for End of Dragons can be as follows if Developers feel any of these are suitable:

  1. The Ranger should get the true meaning of its name with a Rifle spec. It will be a power DPS spec which should be viable for Open World, WvW, and possibly Fractals if not Raids as such
  2. The Warrior getting Dual wielding spec for Greatswords for a Power DPS spec suited for Raids, Fractals, and PvP
  3. The Necro getting Sword/Sword Condi spec for all game modes
  4. The Revenant getting Spear and Shield based tank spec for Raids, Fractals, and Dungeons
  5. The Thief getting a permanent stealth mode Longbow based Condi spec, suitable for Open World, PvP and WvW
  6. The Engineer getting a Warhorn Shield based Heal spec suitable for Raids, Fractals, and PvP
  7. The Ele getting a Weaponless spell-based Power DPS spec, suitable for Open World,
  8. The Mesmer getting a Trident based power DPS spec suitable for all game modes
  9. Hopefully, a new class of a Monk that can be a Staff based DPS or Heal spec suitable for Raids and Fractals

Besides the above, it is much speculative that the Tengu is going to be the next new spec. Several players are excited about it, but it will be nice that instead of giving a Parrot shaped spec, the Devs can think of some more diverse specs especially Ogre/Troll/Jotun and especially the Krait and Largos.

Last but not the least, please bring some decent facial hair options for all specs, particularly Norns if possible.

Sincere RegardsSunny/Eagleseye

Tank specs literally have no purpose in raids, fractals, or dungeons and just make PvP zero fun. Please do not add anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"jpsssss.7530" said:

  • Necro should get Warhammer (skin looks like a great axe) but make it a condi spec (since condi scourge is peepee poopoo). Vengeance/rage theme. very in your face condi spec.I support this. Short timespan close combat survivability and In-Out ability (possibly in new "hammer-themed" shroud). Main effect being short range, epidemic style in your faces condi spreads and some short range AOE CC to help break up blobs.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...