Shaniqua peak

asterix.9614

So I have been playing for a loong time, I only do pvp, wvw and ls. So anyway I am interested in Shaniqua peak fractal because of the name. It sounds hood and out of place in gw2, also I wouldn't mind dragging the h03's weave, so my interest is peaked (no, pun intended). So what is fractals? Do I need specific builds? Is it like ls, episode by episode, I want to play it.

Thank you

@"asterix.9614" said:Is it all party based? Is there a solo option like living story? I don't want some know it all pver shouting at me to do this and that like I heard they do in raids, still ty for the info.

its party based but if your good enough you can solo tier 1-2 but why would you want to just put up a lfg naming it "fractal noobie lf help".

Well first of all it is Sunqua Peak. Like the other fractals it is an instanced content limited to 5 players (less is possible, more not), it works pretty much like short dungeons that you might have seen in other mmos. There are 4 tiers of fractals, and some Challenge Modes in the end. So if we speak about Sunqua for some reason it has also 4 different tiers of difficulty and a challenge mode at last difficulty tier which is quite different and more difficult than normal versions.The reason people play fractals at tier 4 and ask specific classes and teamcomps is because it is more efficient to speedrun those with good dps etc and the rewards are very good... So it is a gold grind most of all and people want to end their daily run as fast as possible. So for reference: 1) a good group with meta classes and knowledge can do all dailies in 20 minutes while 2) non efficient one can last an hour or even more.. 3) A bad group with roleplay builds can even fail to complete some , because inefficiency can make some fractals difficult especially in challenge modes. As long as you are not in the third category you can get into chill t4 groups and do your fractals provided you met the agony requirements (which is a mechanic that restricts new players to instantly get into tier 4 fractals).Having said all of that you can hop into any tier 1 fractal and play with no issues as nobody rushes t1s, as there is no reason to speedrun or tryhard those, they are very easy and the rewards are not as good, so you will meet people of your skill and nobody will ever kick you or ask you play somehow, you can autoattack your way to victory with the most inefficient build you can imagine. You might need 17 agony resist for Sunqua though in order to survive the agony damage, so at least 2 ascended pieces or a ring can be needed.So like raids, in Tier 4 fractals (okay maybe tier 3s too) people will expect you to know your stuff and carry your weight, because if you are just walking around and being pretty, you are just leeching and hoping that your team will carry you to victory. As the number of players in instanced content is limited (unlike open world where many players can just zerg down a world boss), you can't have more players to come and help you out there in the instance, so the person that is doing nothing will either be kicked from the party and replaced with someone who carries their weight or be asked to play with a more efficient build etc..So in conclusion if you don't want to play like that it is completely fine, you can go and do the RP stuff in tier 1 fractals, just find another 4 ppl with lfg tool and do whatever you want in tier 1, it is easy.

@"Armen.1483" said:Well first of all it is Sunqua Peak. Like many other fractals it is an instanced content limited to 5 players (less is possible, more not), it works pretty much like short dungeons that you might have seen in other mmos. There are 4 tiers of fractals, and some Challenge Modes in the end. So if we speak about Sunqua for some reason it has also 4 different tiers of difficulty and a challenge mode at last difficulty tier which is quite different and more difficult than normal versions.The reason people play fractals at tier 4 and ask specific classes and teamcomps is because it is more efficient to speedrun those with good dps etc and the rewards are very good... So it is a gold grind most of all and people want to end their daily run as fast as possible. So for reference: 1) a good group with meta classes and knowledge can do all dailies in 20 minutes while 2) non efficient one can last an hour or even more.. 3) A bad group with roleplay builds can even fail to complete some , because inefficiency can make some fractals difficult especially in challenge modes. As long as you are not in the third category you can get into chill t4 groups and do your fractals provided you met the agony requirements (which is a mechanic that restricts new players to instantly get into tier 4 fractals).Having said all of that you can hop into any tier 1 fractal and play with no issues as nobody rushes t1s, as there is no reason to speedrun or tryhard those, they are very easy and the rewards are not as good, so you will meet people of your skill and nobody will ever kick you or ask you play somehow, you can autoattack your way to victory with the most inefficient build you can imagine. You might need 17 agony resist for Sunqua though in order to survive the agony damage, so at least 2 ascended pieces or a ring can be needed.So like raids, in Tier 4 fractals (okay maybe tier 3s too) people will expect you to know your stuff and carry your weight, because if you are just walking around and being pretty, you are just leeching and hoping that your team will carry you to victory. As the number of players in instanced content is limited (unlike open world where many players can just zerg down a world boss), you can't have more players to come and help you out there in the instance, so the person that is doing nothing will either be kicked from the party and replaced with someone who carries their weight or be asked to play with a more efficient build etc..So in conclusion if you don't want to play like that it is completely fine, you can go and do the RP stuff in tier 1 fractals, just find another 4 ppl with lfg tool and do whatever you want in tier 1, it is easy.

Pretty sure he knows it's Sunqua, by the whole "it sounds good and out of place" comment, I think he's just being subtly racist.

@Kichwas.7152 said:

@"asterix.9614" said:So anyway I am interested in Shaniqua peak fractal because of the name. It sounds hood and out of place in gw2,

Thank you

Heeeelllloooooo racism...

That's not the name by the way...

But... like... kitten kind of post what that?

I just got back from being banned by the same forum moderator who has been consistently giving me warnings, even going as far to go through old posts of mine and adding additional warnings - this time for "insinuating that recent decisions have shown a lack of care". I changed a word to not receive another ban, however the word I used is not even the least bit cursive. In the same post I gave examples as to why I felt that way and also added that further more I thanked arena net for providing years of fun/enjoyment and that I continue to support them despite that.

Yet I received a ban.

I flag this guy for obvious racism, yet here we are. I'm not sure if the harsh truth in my words strikes a nerve with them, whether I'm being targetted because I dumpstered some dev in WvW, or I insulted an undercover one/friend of one; and this is "pay back". I'm probably going to get banned again for this post, so see y'all on Reddit with some real salt.

Omg really guys, racism? It just sounds exotic if you don't know GW1 and the whole game was typical your western RPG style game with some north african style stuff. If something then I see it in a positive way, like: hey I want to see something I don't know thematically...

Still, wondering about something and not even checking wiki how it's spelled, lame. Also just read up and watch some yt vids for knowledge and how to play it.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:Omg really guys, racism? It just sounds exotic if you don't know GW1 and the whole game was typical your western RPG style game with some north african style stuff. If something then I see it in a positive way, like: hey I want to see something I don't know thematically...

Still, wondering about something and not even checking wiki how it's spelled, lame. Also just read up and watch some yt vids for knowledge and how to play it.

Read the OP’s post closer. The spelling was intentional.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:Omg really guys, racism? It just sounds exotic if you don't know GW1 and the whole game was typical your western RPG style game with some north african style stuff. If something then I see it in a positive way, like: hey I want to see something I don't know thematically...

Read the OP’s post closer. The spelling was intentional.

Oh thanks, I thought that was a misspelling... okay. Got it. Questionable...

people really see racism everywhere,it's scary this society of benevolence.there is absolutely no form of racism in this post, you really don't know what it is.

Suddenly the racism which is supposed to be something serious and to fight loses all its meaning, by dint of seeing it everywhere

@radda.8920 said:people really see racism everywhere,it's scary this society of benevolence.there is absolutely no form of racism in this post, you really don't know what it is.

Suddenly the racism which is supposed to be something serious and to fight loses all its meaning, by dint of seeing it everywhere

Sure...

@asterix.9614 said:Shaniqua peak fractal because of the name.

It sounds hood

dragging the h03's weave

All of the above statements use stereotypes about a specific race which have nothing to do with the fractal. The poster is also is using numbers to get around the profanity filters in the last statement.

I was the last one alive and still fighting each time. My group was telling me to /gg. Maybe my full zerk ascended gear wasn't squishy enough. I suppose my 70ish AR wasn't enough for the level 25 fractal either. But yeah, totally my fault.

A problem with the fractal and let's blame the person saying there's a problem. Typical forum warrior response.

@Wolfhound.4381 said:I was the last one alive and still fighting each time. My group was telling me to /gg. Maybe my full zerk ascended gear wasn't squishy enough. I suppose my 70ish AR wasn't enough for the level 25 fractal either. But yeah, totally my fault.

A problem with the fractal and let's blame the person saying there's a problem. Typical forum warrior response.

Have the gear or being last alive doesn't matter if you weren't doing the mechanics.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@radda.8920 said:people really see racism everywhere,it's scary this society of benevolence.there is absolutely no form of racism in this post, you really don't know what it is.

Sure...

It sounds hood

dragging the h03's weave

All of the above statements use stereotypes about a specific race which have nothing to do with the fractal. The poster is also is using numbers to get around the profanity filters in the last statement.

Sure...

It sounds hood

dragging the h03's weave

Could you link we what stereotypes are referenced here?It might be where I'm from but I don't understand the references

@yann.1946 said:

Sure...

It sounds hood

dragging the h03's weave

Sure...

It sounds hood

dragging the h03's weave

Could you link we what stereotypes are referenced here?It might be where I'm from but I don't understand the references

Sounds like the name of the fractal, Shaniqua, its a typically black girls name, here in the USA

@yann.1946 said:

Sure...

It sounds hood

dragging the h03's weave

Sure...

It sounds hood

dragging the h03's weave

A fast google search for the term shaniqua offers this result:

shaniquaA steoreotypical name for young women living in the hood or ghetto.The common Shaniqua has a weave that is so cheap it looks like plastic,or very long thick braids.She wear extremely tight and short clothing topped of with ridiculously lond heels.Other attributes include:long nails,husky/shrill iritating voice,4 children with different fathers.

as well as further down:

ShaniquaThe inner city African American equivalent to ' Karen '. With the addition of Hood Mannerisms, Simian temperament and incoherent Ebonics lingo.

In short, the term is used in a racist way towards females of color the same way people refer to females, or any one for that matter, as Karen.

Now pair this with the term hood and the term which TC circumvented via usage of numbers instead of letters, and you should get a clearer picture of the intent of this post. Not sure why someone would go out of their way for such nonsense, but it has worked so far in keeping this thread open.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"KeoLegend.5132" said:everything these days is racism, you can't have any kind of fun because ppl are too soft...

So taking racial stereotypes and using them to describe something completely unrelated is your idea of fun?

Its not fun, but its not offensive either. I get called names, stereotypes and all (im a aprt of a minority) but that is not an offense, unless the sayer is intending to offend.Its like not using "Black Friday" term anymore because is stereotypical to Black people.

@KeoLegend.5132 said:

@KeoLegend.5132 said:everything these days is racism, you can't have any kind of fun because ppl are too soft...

So taking racial stereotypes and using them to describe something completely unrelated is your idea of fun?

Its not fun, but its not offensive either. I get called names, stereotypes and all (im a aprt of a minority) but that is not an offense, unless the sayer is intending to offend.Its like not using "Black Friday" term anymore because is stereotypical to Black people.

For something to be offensive, it doesn’t require intent. Plenty of people have made racist jokes, and even used slurs, without the intent to cause offense.

Black Friday has never had anything to do with race so I don’t get why you brought that up.

@"asterix.9614" said:I am interested in Shaniqua peak fractal because of the name.

Then you should learn to spell it correctly: Sunqua Peak.

More info on the origin of the name: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunqua

@"asterix.9614" said:Do I need specific builds?

It is highly recommended that you use builds that are specifically suited for this game mode: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Fractal