(Suggestion) Make Grandmaster marks simply "Grandmaster Craftsmen Mark"

archmagus.7249

@AlexndrTheGreat.8310 said:I’m pretty certain that Grandmaster Marks are account bound and you can already do this (minus the storing one wallet)

Yes, but they aren't universal as to what type of weapon or armor weight you can buy with a mark. As it stands right now if you make a lot of Grandmaster leatherworker shards, better hope you need a lot of medium armor. What I propose is no matter what crafting profession you use to make the marks, you can buy any weapon or any armor weight.

@Pifil.5193 said:Why make them before you need them? The components for the Grandmaster Marks are stored in the Materials Storage after all, why not just leave them there until you know what you want to spend them on?

Because you might not have the right discipline requirement. I main engineer, and there isn't much build diversity core: power builds go rifle, condi builds go p/p. Not many people ran shield because of the trade-offs. HoT arrives with scrapper and suddenly I need to get a character to 500 weaponsmithing so I can make an ascended hammer. PoF arrives with sword, and I find myself wanting more and more weaponsmithing marks.

Finish the elite spec collections and you get a free ascended weapon of the types you want.

I see your point, though. The downside to that is that it would eliminate the other crafting professions - you would pursue which ever one was cheapest and you'd get access to everything. That means less need for the various materials, and lower prices for everything until we're back at leather being not much better than vendor trash again.

@archmagus.7249 said:

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:Finish the elite spec collections and you get a free ascended weapon of the types you want.

Those weapons only offer a small selection of prefixes and can't be changed in the Mystic toilet.

Yes they can, I've stat changed at least one already, the tempest warhorn. If, for example, you put in The North Wind, an Anthology of Heroes, Berserker's Orichalcum Imbued Inscription and 5 Globs of Ectoplasm and hit "Forge" then you get a Zojja's Warhorn.

I've just checked and the scrapper hammer, holosmith sword and the chronomancer shield can all be used in the forge (my engy carries all three.) I didn't actually hit "Forge" because I want the stats they currently have but it said "These items create a match! Hit Forge to generate new items!" and the "Forge" button lit up.

You can't put the Caladbolg Reforged weapons that you get from the Knight of the Thorn side-story into the forge, maybe that's what you're thinking of? BTW, the Caladbolg weapons are a good alternative to crafting a sword or shield if you've completed the HoT story. You can stat swap them for a little unbound magic.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:Finish the elite spec collections and you get a free ascended weapon of the types you want.

Those weapons only offer a small selection of prefixes and can't be changed in the Mystic toilet.

Yes they can, I've stat changed at least one already, the tempest warhorn. If, for example, you put in The North Wind, an Anthology of Heroes, Berserker's Orichalcum Imbued Inscription and 5 Globs of Ectoplasm and hit "Forge" then you get a Zojja's Warhorn.

I've just checked and the scrapper hammer, holosmith sword and the chronomancer shield can all be used in the forge (my engy carries all three.) I didn't actually hit "Forge" because I want the stats they currently have but it said "These items create a match! Hit Forge to generate new items!" and the "Forge" button lit up.

You can't put the Caladbolg Reforged weapons that you get from the Knight of the Thorn side-story into the forge, maybe that's what you're thinking of? BTW, the Caladbolg weapons are a good alternative to crafting a sword or shield if you've completed the HoT story. You can stat swap them for a little unbound magic.

Then they must have changed it at some point, because I went through all that at one point for my first ascended hammer on my scrapper, but it wouldn't let me change it. I was only able to change it when the stat change update came out.