sunqua final boss unnecessarily hard on T1 and T2?

Cyriades.6198

This may have been discussed or maybe redundant... but while I the Sunqua fractal is beautiful and very interesting, I have found, among many pug fractal members I have played it with, that the final boss is unnecessarily hard for T1 and T2 fractals, especially when compared to any other fractal.

It doesn't make sense to me to have a 15 min complex and difficult boss fight for just 1 boss on a T1 fractal for example, when all other fractals can be done completely in 15-20 min. as a comparison...Again, sorry this probably sounds spoiled to complain that something is too difficult, it just didn't seem properly scaled...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say it is harder then it should be. But that's only because you get a lot of poor players in t1/t2. I mean I can carry alot in t1/t2 vs almost every other boss in fractals except this one so if you get 3 or 4 not so good players which happens alot it can take a few trys. Now ari raids and I bet hasn't even looked in t1/t2 in like forever but it's the same opinion everytime. Everything is fine. It's not the game it's you. Don't listen to him. They could tone it down a bit in t1/t2 and noone would complain

@Jilora.9524 said:I would say it is harder then it should be. But that's only because you get a lot of poor players in t1/t2. I mean I can carry alot in t1/t2 vs almost every other boss in fractals except this one so if you get 3 or 4 not so good players which happens alot it can take a few trys. Now ari raids and I bet hasn't even looked in t1/t2 in like forever but it's the same opinion everytime. Everything is fine. It's not the game it's you. Don't listen to him. They could tone it down a bit in t1/t2 and noone would complain

If you feel that it is over-scaled then by all means prove it... with facts. Keep in mind that this fractal is very new so those players likely may not know the mechanics. It's best for them to learn the mechanics when there's not as much room for failure compared to in the higher tiers.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:I would say it is harder then it should be. But that's only because you get a lot of poor players in t1/t2. I mean I can carry alot in t1/t2 vs almost every other boss in fractals except this one so if you get 3 or 4 not so good players which happens alot it can take a few trys. Now ari raids and I bet hasn't even looked in t1/t2 in like forever but it's the same opinion everytime. Everything is fine. It's not the game it's you. Don't listen to him. They could tone it down a bit in t1/t2 and noone would complain

If you feel that it is over-scaled then by all means prove it... with facts. Keep in mind that this fractal is very new so those players likely may not know the mechanics. It's best for them to learn the mechanics when there's not as much room for failure compared to in the higher tiers.

I don't need to. I play t1/t2 so I see the struggles. Have you done lower tiers? Yeah it's a lot of mechanics too. It's just a bit harder then all the others on t1/t2. I'm not trying to start a fight with you but anytime anyone ever struggles with strikes raids fractals anything you find easy you in here saying everything is fine so I think you just don't get it. If you play t1/t2 and can tell me you and pugs find it as easy as the rest in t1/t2 then maybe your opinion could be correct. I just doubt you run t1/t2 with pugs so saying it's scaled fine is just a guess on your part.

@Jilora.9524 said:

I don't need to. I play t1/t2 so I see the struggles. Have you done lower tiers? Yeah it's a lot of mechanics too. It's just a bit harder then all the others on t1/t2. I'm not trying to start a fight with you but anytime anyone ever struggles with strikes raids fractals anything you find easy you in here saying everything is fine so I think you just don't get it. If you play t1/t2 and can tell me you and pugs find it as easy as the rest in t1/t2 then maybe your opinion could be correct. I just doubt you run t1/t2 with pugs so saying it's scaled fine is just a guess on your part.

Are you going to prove that it's over-scaled?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Right after you prove it isn't.

@Jilora.9524 said:

It's generally on the one first making the claim to back it up rather than place the burden of proof on others to disprove them.

Edit: Video guide for those having issues with the mechanics and would prefer to visually see them explained.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

It's generally on the one first making the claim to back it up rather than place the burden of proof on others to disprove them.

Edit: Video guide for those having issues with the mechanics and would prefer to visually see them explained.

I'm not the op. All I said is I agree it could be toned down and no one but you would complain even tho you do t4 I bet. So it has no effect on you but you just want to argue and ask me to prove pointless things for no reason. It's not mine or your burden. Does the video show everyone's t1/t2 exp. Does it compare that fractal in t1/t2 difficulty vs all the others in t1/t2. I know it doesn't. I play them. I see it. Idk how the eff I can prove to you other then my exp. Go do t2 with pugs put you little unlimited pots in the bank. Drop you AR to 75 ish and you tell me how easy this is with pugs vs the others. But like I said I can almost guarantee you haven't step foot in t1/t2 with pugs so why should I listen to your opinion when I play them and see it.

@Jilora.9524 said:

I'm not the op. All I said is I agree it could be toned down and no one but you would complain even tho you do t4 I bet. So it has no effect on you but you just want to argue and ask me to prove pointless things for no reason. It's not mine or your burden. Does the video show everyone's t1/t2 exp. Does it compare that fractal in t1/t2 difficulty vs all the others in t1/t2. I know it doesn't. I play them. I see it. Idk how the eff I can prove to you other then my exp. Go do t2 with pugs put you little unlimited pots in the bank. Drop you AR to 75 ish and you tell me how easy this is with pugs vs the others. But like I said I can almost guarantee you haven't step foot in t1/t2 with pugs so why should I listen to your opinion when I play them and see it.

Whether you are the OP or not doesn't matter. One side claims it was over-scaled and should be toned down. It's on the OP, or whoever is on that side, to back up that claim.

the boss is literally impossible to fail as long as you don't die, it does not have an enrage, nor does it have one-shot mechanics that are not telegraphed and explained throughout the whole fractal, it only requires for players to put in a LITTLE effort to learn what their class does and what a break-bar is..... come on t2 fractals can be completed even if you barely understand your class and have a really vague idea of your rotation... the boss phase 1 is literally DON'T STAND IN THE BIG ARROW and DON'T STAND IN THE BIG CIRCLE then do cc collect the balls, rinse and repeat till she remembers the good old staff, only weaver at all boss meta days and does meteor shower, after meteors is phase 1 but spicier than flavour town, then if you have low dips she has time for another meteor and then is UNDA THE SEEEEA time , tank the thread till 8 stacks and then run behind someone or if an allie is tanking that run in front of it , after that is phase 1 but the water is EVIL then she is gonna go mid and dance in the rain while she shoots laser beams of water and then is just phase 1, dance in the rain, phase 1 dance in the rain and soo on... the only thing you should look for is a firebrand healer that can place some blocks if you have that the fractal is soo easy you cannot lose, but if people can dodge and ress if needed is not really required. you think the other ppl in fractals are pepegas without hands ? play firebrand you litterally provide quickness for yourself on your opening, pick that and carry with dps. it also makes sense that is the hardest fractal in the tier being the one that divides fractals t1 from t2 and so on.

People who are arguing about whether the fractal is scaled properly etc etc.....

Fractals in general are all over the place with regards to their balance. There is a huge huge difference between the easiest T1 and the hardest T1, and the fractal level itself is certainly no indication of this.

Just food for thought

@TrOtskY.5927 said:People who are arguing about whether the fractal is scaled properly etc etc.....

Fractals in general are all over the place with regards to their balance. There is a huge huge difference between the easiest T1 and the hardest T1, and the fractal level itself is certainly no indication of this.

Just food for thought

Your right. The thing is 48 nightmare I can do with 4 not so good players. Last time 3 had AR of 42 or lower and died every circle claim part throughout the fractal and at the boss both times. Still an easy win cause you can carry them. Then 50 I couldn't even bring 1 of those same players and beat that. 2 fractals higher. Even 49 is no issue just not a fun fractal imo. I also judge this by how many times I see fractured groups in lfg with Sunqua last boss in the bottom 2 tiers as well. 50 I spend more time rezzing then fighting. We still win but sometimes someone leaves or it takes a few tries. I don't mind. I'm not kicking players but sometimes walking up that mountain after players 3 daily with this pug group you just know it's going to be a shit show. I just think alot struggle early tiers but nerf it or not is fine w me. I take more issue to the players that don't even try it w pugs going it's fine. It's easy.

Its the endboss of T2. Should be harder than the rest. I pugged a lot of t1-t2 for fun and those players handycap themselves with bad builds all the time.There needs to be something that prevents players with <1-2k dps and no support/cc from advancing tiers. The new fractal is probably easier than SO for them anyways. There are lots of stuck t2/t3 groups aswell every time SO or sirens reef are daily.Sunqua is easier than Sirens or SO in my opinion but its still too hard if your group consists of water eles, MM core necros etc. Almost every time i pug low level fracs for fun or recs i do at least 60% of the dps. Record is 95% with everyone being alive on art. Those players should wipe for hours until they start thinking about their strategy which consists of 50% running in circles for some of them.Or maybe they could upgrade their gear to at least rare or exotic with a usuable stat. Most of them are using random stuff even in t2 and there needs to be something that just tells them that this is bad.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:You're naive to think random players are going to spend
hours
wiping. They're the first to give up and post an angry thread about it on reddit or social media.

If they’re spending hours on this fractal then it’s a player skill issue.

Yeah you might get it now. Players have different skill levels. So someone like you who raids strikes are easy. Someone who does t4 fractals t2 is easy but for a lot of these players stuck on Sunqua or sirens reef or w/e need to adjust and improve. Noone is saying they shouldn't but t2 Sunqua really exposes them and makes it impossible to carry. At least Sirens reef I can kill all the adds and as long as they don't get swept off the boat we good.I think they should tone down t1/t2 Sunqua for them. That's all. I don't for the life of me understand why players who aren't doing t1/'t2 have a problem with it

@Jilora.9524 said:

hours
wiping. They're the first to give up and post an angry thread about it on reddit or social media.

Yeah you might get it now. Players have different skill levels. So someone like you who raids strikes are easy. Someone who does t4 fractals t2 is easy but for a lot of these players stuck on Sunqua or sirens reef or w/e need to adjust and improve. Noone is saying they shouldn't but t2 Sunqua really exposes them and makes it impossible to carry. At least Sirens reef I can kill all the adds and as long as they don't get swept off the boat we good.I think they should tone down t1/t2 Sunqua for them. That's all. I don't for the life of me understand why players who aren't doing t1/'t2 have a problem with it

Content shouldn’t be toned down to the lowest skill level nor to the point that you can clear it the first time without any thought at all. The current scaling for T1 is fine.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

hours

Content shouldn’t be toned down to the lowest skill level nor to the point that you can clear it the first time without any thought at all. The current scaling for T1 is fine.

Maybe. Of course I play t1/t2 w pugs and you don't but seem to think you can judge it as fine w/o ever playing it. I am at you repetitive reply stage you always get too so Ima end and just agree to disagree.

@Jilora.9524 said:

hours

Maybe. Of course I play t1/t2 w pugs and you don't but seem to think you can judge it as fine w/o ever playing it. I am at you repetitive reply stage you always get too so Ima end and just agree to disagree.

It fine that we can agree to disagree.

Just an FYI that I had been ignoring the ad hominem parts of your posts as they had no bearing on the argument.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

hours

It fine that we can agree to disagree.

Just an FYI that I had been ignoring the ad hominem parts of your posts as they had no bearing on the argument.

I'm not even going to look up what ad hominem means but ty