Sunqua Fractal - Player Glitching

Not sure what is causing this but from time to time all the party members will not register on my screen correctly. It resembles a lag issue with players just running off the edge of the map.

I wanted to know where a guy was comparing to where I was seeing him. I was standing next to the mistlock and on my screen and mini map it showed him all the way on the other side of the circular arena. It turned out he was standing basically right next to me. So I thought it was me at first. I restarted the whole game came back in everyone was still in the same spots as before and still glitching for me. So the rest of the group restarted their games and came back in and everything was fixed. Players were moving normally and showing correctly on all of our screens and mini maps.

So we pinned down it was not our problem exactly. I have been having this problem since day one of this fractal. Not with every group just some. Like I say its spotty. It feels like the instance is losing track of the players in the instance and the only way to reset it to completely get out of the game and come back and it seems everyone in the group has to do this.

@Excursion.9752 said:Not sure what is causing this but from time to time all the party members will not register on my screen correctly. It resembles a lag issue with players just running off the edge of the map.

I wanted to know where a guy was comparing to where I was seeing him. I was standing next to the mistlock and on my screen and mini map it showed him all the way on the other side of the circular arena. It turned out he was standing basically right next to me. So I thought it was me at first. I restarted the whole game came back in everyone was still in the same spots as before and still glitching for me. So the rest of the group restarted their games and came back in and everything was fixed. Players were moving normally and showing correctly on all of our screens and mini maps.

So we pinned down it was not our problem exactly. I have been having this problem since day one of this fractal. Not with every group just some. Like I say its spotty. It feels like the instance is losing track of the players in the instance and the only way to reset it to completely get out of the game and come back and it seems everyone in the group has to do this.

Had this last night. Started when the boss glitched and wouldn't leave her tornado, then everyone on my screen kept glicthing in/out of existence even when we restarted.

Became unfinishable in the end

Well with no response I'm guessing everything is good right? Probably not...The last two times I played this fractal I have had people complaining of this. The best part is if a player on your team downs you have no clue where to go to resurrect them. Its like a new Mistlock Instability - Phantom Teammates.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

@Galmac.4680 said:I assume (and not more) that this could be due to those lags, like in the PoF maps and here and there in rest of Tyria. Really sounds like lags.

No. This has nothing to do with lags from my personal experience. I have never encountered anything like that in 8 years I've been playing Gw2.This. I have never seen this behavior on any other map or instance in this game.

I did vaguely remember something that happened both times that may help anet recreate the issue. It seems to happen when a person leaves and a new person takes their spot. The newbie to the group is typically the one the experiences the problem.

@Excursion.9752 said:

@Galmac.4680 said:I assume (and not more) that this could be due to those lags, like in the PoF maps and here and there in rest of Tyria. Really sounds like lags.

No. This has nothing to do with lags from my personal experience. I have never encountered anything like that in 8 years I've been playing Gw2.This. I have never seen this behavior on any other map or instance in this game.

I did vaguely remember something that happened both times that may help anet recreate the issue. It seems to happen when a person leaves and a new person takes their spot. The newbie to the group is typically the one the experiences the problem.

This makes sense and aligns to what I experienced myself. I had a DC in the middle of SQ boss fight...when I relogged, my ping was normal, but the the rest of my group was glitching on my screen. Then one person left, and we had a new person join. S/he also experienced the same glitch as myself. So to sum up - the 3 people that never left the instance experienced no issues. 2 people - 1 DC / rejoin (myself) and 1 new party member were affected by the glitch. Another interesting thing is that I could interact with the new party member with no issues. S/he wasn't glitched and vice versa.