Melee pve

ruikarikun.9402

@"ruikarikun.9402" said:Hey.I found I like to play in Legendary Dwarf Stance/Assassin. But I do not want to play with herald/short bow/staff/hammer. I like swords/mace/axes. Power or condi.Can someone help me to make build for this?Mostly for solo open world PvE/bounty champs/some challenges.

Sad thing is, for revenant and depending on whether you go condi or power, you are always stuck using 2 weapon sets if you want to be competitive and not gimped :Power weapon sets are :

1. Sword/Sword (For max damage)
  2. Staff (For a bit of damage but mainly for support, condi cleanse, evades/blocks and defiance bar breaking)
  3. Shortbow-ish (Since hammer is dead, this is the only good ranged power weapon for revenant and you should have one because some events or bosses are much easier to do with a ranged weapon. It has good burst damage but you need renegade stance to maximize your damage as you depend on SoulCleave's Summit for your burst.)

Condi weapon sets are :

1. Mace/Axe
  2. Shortbow (less reliant on Renegade summons to perform it's damage so you can use say demon stance with dwarf or assassin)

Both builds are viable but you can't really use Mace/Axe if you're a power build and you can't use Sword/Sword if you're a condi build. You gotta choose one or the other.Power builds bring more burst (mainly with SoulCleave Summit or Shiro's Impossible Odds and Enchanted Daggers) but less sustain damage and, without SCS, you essentially have no real sustain healing. Best at single target damage, ok AoE damage.Condi builds bring more sustain damage (though you can stack really high amounts of torment really quickly so it's not like there's no burst either) and better sustain in general (mainly via Runes of Tormenting which heals for every stack of torment you apply on an enemy but those runes are about 10 gold per piece so it can be pricy for a newcomer). Good at AoE damage and single target damage.

For stances, if you're power, there's no choice really, it's Assassin+Dwarf stances if you don't like the renegade stance.For condi, I'd suggest going Demon+Dwarf stance if you really don't like the herald stance as Assassin's stance brings a good stun breaker and gap closer but is more suited for power builds.

Once you decided which to play, go at http://metabattle.com/wiki/Revenant and look under the "open world" category and search for a build that suits your play style.

@otto.5684 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:IF op has access to grieving stats that would be the way to go, why go power if one can go power and condi at same time...

Condi with sword is not good. Mace does not work with power. As far as I know grieving rev is not good. Though SB would still be decent.

pretty much agree with that but he also uses mace axe

Altough atm i dont feel much wooosh as i was expecting from passing from condi bunker to condi power glass canon :\ i notic more stable damage rather than the ramp up condi only but was expeting more :bleep_bloop:

plague doctor, marshal, and even celestial stats for me are still better options :\ but i use renegade/deamon with bow+mace axe rather than herald.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:IF op has access to grieving stats that would be the way to go, why go power if one can go power and condi at same time...

Condi with sword is not good. Mace does not work with power. As far as I know grieving rev is not good. Though SB would still be decent.

As noted in my thread, for Mace/Axe you want Viper's not Grieving as the condition duration is more useful than bonus critical damage given that you won't be dishing out crits much but you will be dishing out a lot of conditions.

It's also what you see on the various 'build sites' - 2 out of 3 recommend viper's and renegade for mace/axe. The third doesn't recommend using a revenant as DPS to begin with...https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/revenant/renegade/condition/https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Renegade_-_Condi_DPS

• metabattle also has a herald version of the same thing but it's had it's armor choice removed (that section of the article is missing) and recommend mace/shield and staff so... yeah... it's called a DPS build but it looks like it's just somebody open sticky-note pad...

discretize only sees the profession as a boon bot:https://discretize.eu/builds/revenant/renegade

@Kichwas.7152 said:

As noted in my thread, for Mace/Axe you want Viper's not Grieving as the condition duration is more useful than bonus critical damage given that you won't be dishing out crits much but you will be dishing out a lot of conditions.

It's also what you see on the various 'build sites' - 2 out of 3 recommend viper's and renegade for mace/axe. The third doesn't recommend using a revenant as DPS to begin with...
  • metabattle also has a herald version of the same thing but it's had it's armor choice removed (that section of the article is missing) and recommend mace/shield and staff so... yeah... it's called a DPS build but it looks like it's just somebody open sticky-note pad...

discretize only sees the profession as a boon bot:

Went actually to check and yeah for pve thatr seams pretty much more acurate to use :, i guess i pay a bit the build price since my builds and toons are 99% for wvw, ence i get a litle bit lost in pve sutff :\ then i adapt them to pve.

Expertise is really mandatory for condi builds on a enviroment where theres no cleanse.