Can you get the "Memories of Vlast" item again?

Erudius.9607

Well that's worrying. I had 2 of them - one I got from the achievement and one I bought on the TP when I noticed they were tradable. Now both are missing from my account and there's 2 empty spaces in my bank where they should be. I've asked my guild and some people say theirs are missing too.

It looks like they recently made it account bound on acquire, and it seems like in the process they may have deleted it from people's accounts.

Not regarding yours disappearing, but the change to account bound:

I acquired mine from the story and saw that it was tradeable and dirt cheap. As I saw no real use for it, and no information on the item description implied a use, I sold it figuring I could just buy a new one for a few copper if it turned out I would need to use it for something at some point far in the future. This unexpected change to account bound is a bit worrying as I only sold mine thinking I could always buy another if I needed one. Now that they are account bound, their being acquired via achievement means an account can only get one of them, ever.

I'm hoping something can be done about this entire situation for those whose items disappeared as well as for those who traded them prior to it being changed to untradeable who now have no way to get another.

@Zoria.1392 said:Is there a reason this item is needed? I thought it was just a lore item.

As far as I know it is just a lore item. We can't even play the message to Aurene, which is a shame since it's intended for her.

But some players like obtaining and keeping things like this and the various lore books we can find. I have a whole bank tab (not full) devoted to things that probably have no practical use but which I want to keep, mostly the books but also things like the Zephyr Sanctum model, Flames of Kryta torch (which I do occasionally use) and my old Mad Memoires from the first Halloween.

So no it's not preventing us from doing anything (except listening to the message), but it's still a nice item to have an disappointing to suddenly lose it like this. It's a bit like that back item which was bugged and unobtainable - you don't need it, you can get plenty of other items which have the same function and just look different - but people wanted it.

Archived