Bring back Harrier Amulet in PvP... Maybe even other amulets too. Thx Anet <3

Levikilla.3076

@Kuma.1503 said:It was nice when support builds could actually support their allies with boons and heals.

Harrier also happens to be one of the squishiest amulets out there, so there is the counter play of focusing the support in question.

I think they removed it because of the Concentration stat, which wouldn't be as much of an issue if everything didn't poop boons at every turn.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

@Kuma.1503 said:It was nice when support builds could actually support their allies with boons and heals.

Harrier also happens to be one of the squishiest amulets out there, so there is the counter play of focusing the support in question.

I think they removed it because of the Concentration stat, which wouldn't be as much of an issue if everything didn't poop boons at every turn.

who cares how much boons you can pop when you can potentially get one shot ;o

@felix.2386 said:

@Bazsi.2734 said:I wonder what amulet they will remove next. Didn't you know not having options is good for build diversity?

having too much options also kills competition and takes away the skill aspect and focus more on build countersalso makes balancing incredibly difficult.

perfect example, WvW.

I used to say to people complaining about oneshots, unkillable condi bunkers and uncounterable stealth to come play sPvP if they want balance. I stopped doing that some time ago. We have like 5 viable amulets left, boons and conditions are applied in bursts just as power damage, and they are gone as fast as they came (thank you for removing expertise and concentration, very cool), traits still sitting in smitersboon prison(300 sec CD 7 months after the initial patch are you kidding me), with a planned sustain nerf on the horizon, and in general the whole thing just feels like a beta lately with half-done reworks and half implemented design philosophies.

GW1 had costumization several orders of magnitude greater than what GW2 has, yet GW1 managed to basicly be balanced from 2006 to 2012. The distgustingly overpowered combos arising out of the insane number of skills were nerfed and patched within days. If it was a game ruining exploit, sometimes within hours.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@Bazsi.2734 said:I wonder what amulet they will remove next. Didn't you know not having options is good for build diversity?

having too much options also kills competition and takes away the skill aspect and focus more on build countersalso makes balancing incredibly difficult.

perfect example, WvW.

I used to say to people complaining about oneshots, unkillable condi bunkers and uncounterable stealth to come play sPvP if they want balance. I stopped doing that some time ago. We have like 5 viable amulets left, boons and conditions are applied in bursts just as power damage, and they are gone as fast as they came (thank you for removing expertise and concentration, very cool), traits still sitting in smitersboon prison(300 sec CD 7 months after the initial patch are you kidding me), with a planned sustain nerf on the horizon, and in general the whole thing just feels like a beta lately with half-done reworks and half implemented design philosophies.

GW1 had costumization several orders of magnitude greater than what GW2 has, yet GW1 managed to basicly be balanced from 2006 to 2012. The distgustingly overpowered combos arising out of the insane number of skills were nerfed and patched within days. If it was a game ruining exploit, sometimes within hours.

So go play your one shot, unkillable condi bunker and uncoutnerable stealth then lol.if you want none of that and actually want enjoyable PvP with less cheese builds and actually skillful game play, come PvP.You know that smiterboon prison is made so those cheese traits that are part of all those "unkillable bunker, cheesy, condi builds" won't be played in PvP.Such as auto balance stance on war which i've been complaning about, and many good warrior in the dueling scene have been complaining about for years, for how skillless it is, it's not looked at, for it is not meta.Such as Symbol radius increase, which most top guardian including arken dislikes.

Even with these cheese trait being 300 second cooldown, you still have plenty of traits and skills to choose from.and that real PvP was always skill centered and not build centered, that build is just a secondary objective that shouldn't be making major impact in the out come of the game.yet you relying on build making as if it is what holding you down.

TLDR: i don't want to fight cheese but i want those cheese that made cheese possible, so i can cheese.

@felix.2386 said:

perfect example, WvW.

So go play your one shot, unkillable condi bunker and uncoutnerable stealth then lol.if you want none of that and actually want enjoyable PvP with less cheese builds and actually skillful game play, come PvP.You know that smiterboon prison is made so those cheese traits that are part of all those "unkillable bunker, cheesy, condi builds" won't be played in PvP.Such as auto balance stance on war which i've been complaning about, and many good warrior in the dueling scene have been complaining about for years, for how skillless it is, it's not looked at, for it is not meta.Such as Symbol radius increase, which most top guardian including arken dislikes.

Even with these cheese trait being 300 second cooldown, you still have plenty of traits and skills to choose from.and that real PvP was always skill centered and not build centered, that build is just a secondary objective that shouldn't be making major impact in the out come of the game.yet you relying on build making as if it is what holding you down.

TLDR: i don't want to fight cheese but i want those cheese that made cheese possible, so i can cheese.

I'm not against removing all passive(possibly lifesaving) defensive procs from the game. But then... how about they actually remove it? They just basicly disabled parts of traitlines - RIP acrobatics - and nothing is happening beyond that. Even if they did nothing to passives we'd be better off right now. I was expecting the reworks to roll out within weeks, as they told us about this patch 4-5 months in advance, meaning a few weeks after the february patch gave them 6 months to come up with something. Add 7 months to that, we're pushing 13 months and still nothing.If a-net keeps dumbing down the game (most of the work is already done), we'll end up with an FPS. A slow, boring FPS where you need to headshot 10 times to secure kill, but an FPS regardless. Your weapon of choice determines what you can do. Customization is basicly choosing a skin for your rifle. If I wanted to play shallow games where all what matters is your aim and reaction time, I'd install shooter.

@"Tayga.3192" said:We need AT LEASTDiviner amuletHarrier amuletViper amuletDeadshot (not Wanderer) amulet

We definitely don't need cleric or magi etc but maybe we should get this instead: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Apothecary%27s

Then we should getPerplexity runeTormenting rune (nerfed in pvp)Pack rune (nerfed in pvp)Fireworks rune (nerfed in pvp)

Screw the low HP professions...viva my condi mesmer/revenant....lol

@"Tayga.3192" said:We need AT LEASTDiviner amuletHarrier amuletViper amuletDeadshot (not Wanderer) amulet

We definitely don't need cleric or magi etc but maybe we should get this instead: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Apothecary%27s

Then we should getPerplexity runeTormenting rune (nerfed in pvp)Pack rune (nerfed in pvp)Fireworks rune (nerfed in pvp)

yea, no.viper can do some niche off meta fun stuff so sure.deadshot is glasslike condi so surebut apothecarry would be used by condi bunkers, naaah

Basically this is the core design of this game since vanilla the only difference is there where no FB or similar . The classes were all design in a fashion that they could give 'some' boons. With dedicated supporter builds it became 'a lot' of boons. What the game meant you to do is walk closely together and share your boons basically in all game modes in all version of the game. This is because the skills which gives the boon have limited reach and the boons have very limited duration

The problem is some player can't do that and it is confronted with some hate from players and developers . Which cause very perplexing situations, in PvP boon duration which are absurd low like 0.5 s or 1s , in PvE in fractal it is the social awkwardness instability in the fractals.

Exactly this.

It is obvious that Anet doesn't want high amounts of concentration in PvP. Not only did they remove all amulets which are giving concentration, but they also heavily reduced the concentration you can get from traits like compounding chemicals, endless stamina, etc.

One aspect might be that many classes are producing so many boons. But I think it is also partly because of the design of the boons itself. Concentration gives many stat advantages just for investing into 1 stat:

• might gives both power and condition damage
  • fury gives 20% crit chance
  • protection gives damage reduction
  • swiftness gives movement speed
  • resistance gives condi immunity
  • stability gives cc immunity
  • vigor gives endurance regeneration
  • alacrity gives cooldown reduction
  • regeneration gives sustain (therefore, more effective health)

The benefits you can get from boons are insane if you compare them to the actual stats in the game. Concentration might just give too much of everything.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

perfect example, WvW.

I'm not against removing all passive(possibly lifesaving) defensive procs from the game. But then... how about they actually remove it? They just basicly disabled parts of traitlines - RIP acrobatics - and nothing is happening beyond that. Even if they did nothing to passives we'd be better off right now. I was expecting the reworks to roll out within weeks, as they told us about this patch 4-5 months in advance, meaning a few weeks after the february patch gave them 6 months to come up with something. Add 7 months to that, we're pushing 13 months and still nothing.If a-net keeps dumbing down the game (most of the work is already done), we'll end up with an FPS. A slow, boring FPS where you need to headshot 10 times to secure kill, but an FPS regardless. Your weapon of choice determines what you can do. Customization is basicly choosing a skin for your rifle. If I wanted to play shallow games where all what matters is your aim and reaction time, I'd install shooter.

It is literally incredibly funny how you guys cry about diversity when thief alone since last year september, in one year, had 5 different meta build, averaging 2.4 months per meta buildele had 4, rev had 4 both averaging 3 monthliterally no PvP game with actual acceptable level of balance has achieved this.i doubt you are even remotely getting to masterying any of these builds, and you cry about diversity LOL.no you being low rating has nothing to do with builds, it's your skill.

and it's funny how you think the game has been dumb down,yet the current meta is literally the most skill demanding meta since forever. which it's how it should be in a pvp game.last season ending, you literally dont see anyone below plat playing meta holo/rev/tempest because they can't.while the cheese builds they often rely on are also nerfed/became non meta, so they have to learn to get better and actual play skill demanding builds.literally the best form of gw2 PvP since for years.