Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Arenanet once again screwing Necro's?


Psiconian.3581

Recommended Posts

I might not know what I'm talking about but I'm sick and tired of Anet destroying the necromancer class with unnecessary nerfs (Dhuumfire). And now it's the scourge's turn to get nerfed. I got a huge DPS drop after todays patch. Does someone on the balancing team have something against necro's?As I said I might not know what I'm talking about but I find it discouraging that my favorite class is never wanted in PvE. Why can't necro just be viable like most classes.I'm done ranting now xD tell me what you guys think.

A necro enthousiast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Psiconian.3581 said:I might not know what I'm talking about but I'm sick and tired of Anet destroying the necromancer class with unnecessary nerfs (Dhuumfire). And now it's the scourge's turn to get nerfed. I got a huge DPS drop after todays patch. Does someone on the balancing team have something against necro's?As I said I might not know what I'm talking about but I find it discouraging that my favorite class is never wanted in PvE. Why can't necro just be viable like most classes.I'm done ranting now xD tell me what you guys think.

A necro enthousiast.

? wvw and pvp got nerfed shades 20 sec down to 10 sec duration pve is still strong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are viable, by the base definition of viable. I know this because I ran my Scourge through our raid runs last night. While I wasn't at the top, I was still on par with our good cps (one is really good).

The problem is that necro and Scourge is not the most efficient choice, and Anet has said that they are not balancing to be most efficient, but just viable. Viable meaning able to complete the content. That is the bar for PvE balance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Fatalyz.7168 said:They are viable, by the base definition of viable. I know this because I ran my Scourge through our raid runs last night. While I wasn't at the top, I was still on par with our good cps (one is really good).

The problem is that necro and Scourge is not the most efficient choice, and Anet has said that they are not balancing to be most efficient, but just viable. Viable meaning able to complete the content. That is the bar for PvE balance.

I suppose that is true. i'm just scared ppl will start pushing scourge away the same way they did with reaper, if the nerfing continues. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@Psiconian.3581 said:I might not know what I'm talking about but I'm sick and tired of Anet destroying the necromancer class with unnecessary nerfs (Dhuumfire). And now it's the scourge's turn to get nerfed. I got a huge DPS drop after todays patch. Does someone on the balancing team have something against necro's?As I said I might not know what I'm talking about but I find it discouraging that my favorite class is never wanted in PvE. Why can't necro just be viable like most classes.I'm done ranting now xD tell me what you guys think.

A necro enthousiast.

? wvw and pvp got nerfed shades 20 sec down to 10 sec duration pve is still strong

Scourge lost ~10k dps on the bug fixes (nerfs) from the most recent patch, went down to about 27-28k dps. So no, PvE scourge is not "strong". Open world doesn't matter, and everything there can be strong, if someone knows how to play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@Psiconian.3581 said:I might not know what I'm talking about but I'm sick and tired of Anet destroying the necromancer class with unnecessary nerfs (Dhuumfire). And now it's the scourge's turn to get nerfed. I got a huge DPS drop after todays patch. Does someone on the balancing team have something against necro's?As I said I might not know what I'm talking about but I find it discouraging that my favorite class is never wanted in PvE. Why can't necro just be viable like most classes.I'm done ranting now xD tell me what you guys think.

A necro enthousiast.

? wvw and pvp got nerfed shades 20 sec down to 10 sec duration pve is still strong

Yes true, but they also changed something (Not sure what) which causes a DPS drop in PvE. The pvp and wvw nerfs are too extreme in my oppinion too though. What do you think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Psiconian.3581 said:

I suppose that is true. i'm just scared ppl will start pushing scourge away the same way they did with reaper, if the nerfing continues. :D

"if the nerfs continue" They havent started yet. It was a BUG fix, once that was clearly needed for 2/3 of the game modes. Did it hurt PvE? Yes but it was something that was VERY much needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@Psiconian.3581 said:

I suppose that is true. i'm just scared ppl will start pushing scourge away the same way they did with reaper, if the nerfing continues. :D

"if the nerfs continue" They havent started yet. It was a BUG fix, once that was clearly needed for 2/3 of the game modes. Did it hurt PvE? Yes but it was something that was VERY much needed.

Might have been needed in PvP and WvW, but not in PvE in my oppinion. As a pure DPS class in for example raids they lost too must DPS I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@mynao.5280 said:Qtfy deleted condi scourge from benchmark.Do yourself a favor and just reroll to another class.

Ive been maining necro for 2 years hoping for competitive dps in raida.At least i got 2 weeks.

The fun is over, time to reroll.

A very sad thing but might be true :disappointed_relieved:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Necro with Scourge is not just about DPS. Unlike the Reaper, Scourge has a party buff in a form of barriers. You can't be dealing a lot of damage at the same time putting up barriers -- that's just broken and obviously not intended.

True but when using the QTFY build, the barrier ability isn't included in the rotation. so it's one or the other. But from an overal view you are right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Psiconian.3581 said:

@mynao.5280 said:Qtfy deleted condi scourge from benchmark.Do yourself a favor and just reroll to another class.

Ive been maining necro for 2 years hoping for competitive dps in raida.At least i got 2 weeks.

The fun is over, time to reroll.

A very sad thing but might be true :disappointed_relieved:

Bro, honestly dont be like me hoping for a change. Waited 2 years for nothing.

Just reroll and you will save yourself from so much annoyence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Necro with Scourge is not just about DPS. Unlike the Reaper, Scourge has a party buff in a form of barriers. You can't be dealing a lot of damage at the same time putting up barriers -- that's just broken and obviously not intended.

Do you actually think that barriers are that strong? They're very weak. Not to mention they decay (very quickly) after about a second or so.

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@Psiconian.3581 said:I might not know what I'm talking about but I'm sick and tired of Anet destroying the necromancer class with unnecessary nerfs (Dhuumfire). And now it's the scourge's turn to get nerfed. I got a huge DPS drop after todays patch. Does someone on the balancing team have something against necro's?As I said I might not know what I'm talking about but I find it discouraging that my favorite class is never wanted in PvE. Why can't necro just be viable like most classes.I'm done ranting now xD tell me what you guys think.

A necro enthousiast.

? wvw and pvp got nerfed shades 20 sec down to 10 sec duration pve is still strong

There's another bug where Shades no longer attack when using F5 (Desert Shroud), so Dhuumfire doesn't go off like it used to. It makes tanking F5 easy, and it makes the damage provided moot. Scourge gained a dps spike by stacking as many shades as they could with their own body on the hitbox of a raid boss, then using Desert Shroud to stack torment and burn on the boss. Now, you can't stack shades for a dps increase, and Desert Shroud doesn't apply burning (except for the initial cast, where you apply one stack of burning for ~4 seconds).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@mynao.5280 said:

@Psiconian.3581 said:

@mynao.5280 said:Qtfy deleted condi scourge from benchmark.Do yourself a favor and just reroll to another class.

Ive been maining necro for 2 years hoping for competitive dps in raida.At least i got 2 weeks.

The fun is over, time to reroll.

A very sad thing but might be true :disappointed_relieved:

Bro, honestly dont be like me hoping for a change. Waited 2 years for nothing.

Just reroll and you will save yourself from so much annoyence.

But I loooove necro It's so cool. Necro's are a special kind of players they want to play necro because its freaking awesome, not necessarily because its meta. Anet doesn't understand this xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Fatalyz.7168 said:They are viable, by the base definition of viable. I know this because I ran my Scourge through our raid runs last night. While I wasn't at the top, I was still on par with our good cps (one is really good).

The problem is that necro and Scourge is not the most efficient choice, and Anet has said that they are not balancing to be most efficient, but just viable. Viable meaning able to complete the content. That is the bar for PvE balance.

If their damage or support is not competitive with other professions they will not be completing any content. You will not get accepted for groups. This concept is a painfully bad idea in practice because we've been there. I've had people in our group tell my guild leader to straight up boot me from the party. Able to complete isn't good enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Jamin.6528 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Necro with Scourge is not just about DPS. Unlike the Reaper, Scourge has a party buff in a form of barriers. You can't be dealing a lot of damage at the same time putting up barriers -- that's just broken and obviously not intended.

Do you actually think that barriers are that strong? They're very weak. Not to mention they decay (very quickly) after about a second or so.

The barrier is just one feature. My point is, there's more to Scourge than just DPS and it is an unfair assessment to focus on DPS alone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Lily.1935 said:

@Fatalyz.7168 said:They are viable, by the base definition of viable. I know this because I ran my Scourge through our raid runs last night. While I wasn't at the top, I was still on par with our good cps (one is really good).

The problem is that necro and Scourge is not the most efficient choice, and Anet has said that they are not balancing to be most efficient, but just viable. Viable meaning able to complete the content. That is the bar for PvE balance.

If their damage or support is not competitive with other professions they will not be completing any content. You will not get accepted for groups. This concept is a painfully bad idea in practice because we've been there. I've had people in our group tell my guild leader to straight up boot me from the party. Able to complete isn't good enough.

I'm not arguing that it is, I merely stated what Anet's balance team is shooting for in PvE, what they actually stated in the balance AMA that was earlier this year. If that isn't good enough, you can petition for change (look at how well that has gone over the past 5 years), accept it, or move on. It may not be good enough for you and others, but they are telling you what they are doing and expecting otherwise because you or others say so, doesn't really accomplish much. Again, it comes back to lobby for change (which hasn't happened), accept it, or move on.

In this case, the OP was not aware of what Anet's balance goals were, for PvE. Which is simply to be viable (meaning able to complete the content, not competitive). Whether that is right or wrong, was not the point of my post.

And to say that they won't be completing any content if they are not competitive is not completely true. They won't have an easy time completing the content would be a more accurate statement, and at that only have a harder time based on trying to find a group to accept them. TBH, not getting accepted in a pug for content that was not intended to be pugged, is not a big deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Psiconian.3581 said:I might not know what I'm talking about but I'm sick and tired of Anet destroying the necromancer class with unnecessary nerfs (Dhuumfire). And now it's the scourge's turn to get nerfed. I got a huge DPS drop after todays patch. Does someone on the balancing team have something against necro's?As I said I might not know what I'm talking about but I find it discouraging that my favorite class is never wanted in PvE. Why can't necro just be viable like most classes.I'm done ranting now xD tell me what you guys think.

A necro enthousiast.

I feel you, been playing necro since GW1 beta, pre prophecies. Necro is fun, and thats why we play it. Scourge wasn't working the way they wanted, so they fixed it. Unfortunatly the fix ment that a lot of our damage from conditions got removed from burn not procing as much as it used to. I hope they give us some more condition damage to compensate for this (another stack of torment per ds tick would be nice) and some more support..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Lexan.5930 said:

@Psiconian.3581 said:I might not know what I'm talking about but I'm sick and tired of Anet destroying the necromancer class with unnecessary nerfs (Dhuumfire). And now it's the scourge's turn to get nerfed. I got a huge DPS drop after todays patch. Does someone on the balancing team have something against necro's?As I said I might not know what I'm talking about but I find it discouraging that my favorite class is never wanted in PvE. Why can't necro just be viable like most classes.I'm done ranting now xD tell me what you guys think.

A necro enthousiast.

I feel you, been playing necro since GW1 beta, pre prophecies. Necro is fun, and thats why we play it. Scourge wasn't working the way they wanted, so they fixed it. Unfortunatly the fix ment that a lot of our damage from conditions got removed from burn not procing as much as it used to. I hope they give us some more condition damage to compensate for this (another stack of torment per ds tick would be nice) and some more support..

There's already a lot of condition damage if you use Scepter/Torch with Curses traits where Fear deals damage and apply Torment -- which will trigger Demonic Lore to apply Burn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@Lexan.5930 said:

@Psiconian.3581 said:I might not know what I'm talking about but I'm sick and tired of Anet destroying the necromancer class with unnecessary nerfs (Dhuumfire). And now it's the scourge's turn to get nerfed. I got a huge DPS drop after todays patch. Does someone on the balancing team have something against necro's?As I said I might not know what I'm talking about but I find it discouraging that my favorite class is never wanted in PvE. Why can't necro just be viable like most classes.I'm done ranting now xD tell me what you guys think.

A necro enthousiast.

I feel you, been playing necro since GW1 beta, pre prophecies. Necro is fun, and thats why we play it. Scourge wasn't working the way they wanted, so they fixed it. Unfortunatly the fix ment that a lot of our damage from conditions got removed from burn not procing as much as it used to. I hope they give us some more condition damage to compensate for this (another stack of torment per ds tick would be nice) and some more support..

There's already a lot of condition damage if you use Scepter/Torch with Curses traits where Fear deals damage and apply Torment -- which will trigger Demonic Lore to apply Burn.

Oh man just if QT knew this top secret information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...