Warrior is Terrible still

gmmg.9210

@Gotmilk.2713 said:Just came back to the game after a 2 year break. My lord, warrior feels so mehh. Do I really have to roll a ranger?

Hopefully they buff warrior for the next xpac because I just cant see myself playing this game if I cant play my warrior.

Try some different runes and stats. Warrior damage got double nerfed with the CC damage nerf on top of overall damage nerf. Some tankier stats work well in the current meta. I've had some decent success with a Rifle in my offset rather than double melee.

If you are in WvW try Runes of the Mad King with Might Makes Right and Mending Might with a few allies nearby.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said

Need 50% damage reduction in Berserk Mode not -300 toughness glares in Necro alt. Need to refresh quickness and superspeed on Primal Burst hits and upon killing a foe (inside or outside of berserk mode) glares even harder in Reaper quickness pulses.

Shoot, killing something should extend Berserk Mode by 5s... glares even harder in Necro alt*

Yeah that burst of speed only opening of berserk mode last 3 secs quickness and 3 secs superspeed and then by the mechanics they want you to extend as much berserk uptime as possible and those trait is useless lol.

I want to add possible trigger aside from the Primal Burst Hit and upon killing a foe, maybe when using rage skill too? I mean we don't have to include all 3, can be combination of two like Primal burst hit and rage skill hit and so on. I wish they buff the trait too though 3 secs is too short maybe 4-5?

• Like 1

@DKRathalos.9625 said:

Need 50% damage reduction in Berserk Mode not -300 toughness
glares in Necro alt
. Need to refresh quickness and superspeed on Primal Burst hits and upon killing a foe (inside or outside of berserk mode)
glares even harder in Reaper quickness pulses

Shoot, killing something should extend Berserk Mode by 5s...
glares even harder in Necro alt*

Yeah that burst of speed only opening of berserk mode last 3 secs quickness and 3 secs superspeed and then by the mechanics they want you to extend as much berserk uptime as possible and those trait is useless lol.

I want to add possible trigger aside from the Primal Burst Hit and upon killing a foe, maybe when using rage skill too? I mean we don't have to include all 3, can be combination of two like Primal burst hit and rage skill hit and so on. I wish they buff the trait too though 3 secs is too short maybe 4-5?

In all honesty it should be upon using a Primal Burst, and if it is upon using a Primal Burst then 3s is plenty. NO ICD.

Killing a foe should extend Berserk Mode by 5s. There should also be a way to leave Berserk manually though.

• Like 1

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:In all honesty it should be upon using a Primal Burst, and if it is upon using a Primal Burst then 3s is plenty. NO ICD.

Killing a foe should extend Berserk Mode by 5s. There should also be a way to leave Berserk manually though.

The last part about killing a foe have to split between PvE and competitive. If at WvW extend by 5s and you kill bunch lol perma berserk, should be like 3 seconds per kill for WvW.

@DKRathalos.9625 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:In all honesty it should be upon using a Primal Burst, and if it is upon using a Primal Burst then 3s is plenty. NO ICD.

The last part about killing a foe have to split between PvE and competitive. If at WvW extend by 5s and you kill bunch lol perma berserk, should be like 3 seconds per kill for WvW.

Maybe. I'd leave it up to Anet to figure out, but to make it on par with Life Force, it would be 2s in PvP, and 3s in WvW/PvE.

@DKRathalos.9625 said:

Need 50% damage reduction in Berserk Mode not -300 toughness
glares in Necro alt
. Need to refresh quickness and superspeed on Primal Burst hits and upon killing a foe (inside or outside of berserk mode)
glares even harder in Reaper quickness pulses

Shoot, killing something should extend Berserk Mode by 5s...
glares even harder in Necro alt*

yea before was fine as berserk doesnt extend, but they changed the mechanics to extanding duration through skills, yet these traits still remain very shortno wonder it is so off to play on top of no adrenaline gain with extended berserk duration, only with trait rifle or axe that gives adrenaline, the other weapons feel way off playing new berserker

• 1 month later...

Yeah Im sad, just returned from like a 10 yr absence. Was super excited to get back into it. Got my berserker and spellbreaker specs, then hit PvP and Im like uhhh whats going on. It really seems like they just destroyed this class and it sucks. The little free time I have is already invested so making another toon just wont cut it. Id rather just go to a different game before I do that since it seems like PvP in general is just dead on here.

• Like 2

It'd be interesting to see the data on how the warrior class fares in each game mode. What the total kill/death ratio is across all players, what skills are used the most and what skills are used the least. Also what other classes the warrior profession generally has trouble dealing with while also excelling against. As well as most used runes and prefixes. 

Edited by Doomfrost.5728

I have a stupid question. I'm pretty new at this game, but I've been grinding out 170 ranked arena matches over the past couple of months. One thing that is becoming a real challenge for me to deal with is the massive amount of spamming of AoE on top of nodes in arenas, which seems to put out more conditions than I can strip, even with Rune of the Soldier and 3 shouts. It seems like as soon as I strip a full line of conditions, they get immediately reapplied.

The only thing I can find for resistance is berserker stance, and resistance is no longer effective against condition damage come May 11. Berserker stance also has an unappealing uptime of 4 seconds every 40 seconds. Even when traited, that's 5 seconds.

Does anyone take Berserker stance?

Not sure how to address this other than skirting the node while getting blasted with ranged fire.

Edited by TugboatSteve.3607

11 hours ago, TugboatSteve.3607 said:

I have a stupid question. I'm pretty new at this game, but I've been grinding out 170 ranked arena matches over the past couple of months. One thing that is becoming a real challenge for me to deal with is the massive amount of spamming of AoE on top of nodes in arenas, which seems to put out more conditions than I can strip, even with Rune of the Soldier and 3 shouts. It seems like as soon as I strip a full line of conditions, they get immediately reapplied.

The only thing I can find for resistance is berserker stance, and resistance is no longer effective against condition damage come May 11. Berserker stance also has an unappealing uptime of 4 seconds every 40 seconds. Even when traited, that's 5 seconds.

Does anyone take Berserker stance?

Not sure how to address this other than skirting the node while getting blasted with ranged fire.

meta has swifted to deal damage via fast cast/aoe and runs away and comes back deal damage and runs away, if you look at all good players stream, thats how they play.

unlike back in 2013 2014 where you have to actually trade skills.

which basically unable for warrior to do, warrior is slow, if you go in you cant go out, if you go out you can't go back.

the only thing that allows warrior to adapt the meta is dagger, which has double leap, which allows warrior to follow the new rule of pvp gameplay with magebane tether, to allow you go in and out or pull enemy out. but everything else are completely garbage for the new pvp meta gameplay, basically dip in and out, even condi herald/and prot holo are dip in and out gameplay, just in less range.

warrior cant do that because warrior damage are slow and lacks aoe and it works when people actually stayed and traded for skills, not anymore specially after big sustain nerf.

On 5/9/2021 at 2:57 PM, felix.2386 said:

meta has swifted to deal damage via fast cast/aoe and runs away and comes back deal damage and runs away, if you look at all good players stream, thats how they play.

unlike back in 2013 2014 where you have to actually trade skills.

which basically unable for warrior to do, warrior is slow, if you go in you cant go out, if you go out you can't go back.

the only thing that allows warrior to adapt the meta is dagger, which has double leap, which allows warrior to follow the new rule of pvp gameplay with magebane tether, to allow you go in and out or pull enemy out. but everything else are completely garbage for the new pvp meta gameplay, basically dip in and out, even condi herald/and prot holo are dip in and out gameplay, just in less range.

warrior cant do that because warrior damage are slow and lacks aoe and it works when people actually stayed and traded for skills, not anymore specially after big sustain nerf.

Warrior is slow? Warriors sprint, whirlwind, rush, sword leap, dagger leap, shield bash, bullscharge, there's more but no point. Warrior has great mobility, definitely not slow. Warrior's problem isn't its speex/mobility its the fact its burst is all loaded into a predictable f1 and a skill(100 blades) that requires a hard cc before hand to have even a chance of landing its full dps and even still usually doesn't due to the many ways to negate it ie stunbreak before even 2 of the 100 blade strikes hit u.

Warriors burst application needs improved, not only to be less predictable but also less reliant on cc'ingbthe target prior, gw2 has to many ways these days to avoid or negate cc's for a classes burst to be reliant on it.

2 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Warrior is slow? Warriors sprint, whirlwind, rush, sword leap, dagger leap, shield bash, bullscharge, there's more but no point. Warrior has great mobility, definitely not slow. Warrior's problem isn't its speex/mobility its the fact its burst is all loaded into a predictable f1 and a skill(100 blades) that requires a hard cc before hand to have even a chance of landing its full dps and even still usually doesn't due to the many ways to negate it ie stunbreak before even 2 of the 100 blade strikes hit u.

Warriors burst application needs improved, not only to be less predictable but also less reliant on cc'ingbthe target prior, gw2 has to many ways these days to avoid or negate cc's for a classes burst to be reliant on it.

u probably don't understand the word slow, try to play other classes, see how fast the other classes can deal damage and start kitting. that's because warrior has high cast time, which is why its slow.

look at how fast other classes can swap from range back to melee and back to range.

also there's a word of in combat mobility, just because warrior can run farther in distance, doesn't mean warrior has great in combat mobility, mesmer's staff 2 alone has better combat mobility then all warrior skills combined.

a single teleport i can nullify u all and by doing proper jumping puzzle u can nullify all warrior mobility unless warrior wants to get stuck in the terrain, pvp is not wvw, it's much more complicated then just running on a flat surface.

just like warrior can out run necro in a running match,

but warrior can never chase down any necro with a brain who just places wurm smartly or start running the other way and bait warrior mobility skill, or even just CC warrior mobility skill, which is incredibly easy for how long the cast time is.

while wurm and spec walk at all instant cast and castable when CCed.

the situation only slightly better with spellbreaker as anet gave dagger 2 leap, with low cooldown, and goes over gap, that greatly improves warrior's in combat mobility because you have extra leap to cover up the direction shifts.

but every thing else for warrior are low combat mobility and clunky to use.

like if warrior at its core actually had great incombat mobility, anet wouldn't be giving dagger 2 low cd leaps on top of lock downs with low cooldown dazes and immob. and that's why spellbreaker is the only viable spec for warrior, unfortunately this only fixes one of the many core problems for warrior, this only fixes warrior's inability to finish target after winning the 1v1, if you played during core or hot, you will find how enemy can just runs away, sure u get the node, but other classes can easily confirm the kill, which then resulting warrior being unfavored in team comps, in a balanced scenario.

but then the other biggest problem with warrior is that it lacks team utility, which is kind of the main problem now for warrior in current meta.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1