WvW Support Druid: Experiences?

Za Shaloc.3908

Sadly Druid Healing is the worst healing in the game, compared to Elementalist or Revenant healing. It's been horribad by the numbers for some time. Honestly I'd love to see a 75% increase in regeneration buffs from commands, and a 75% increase in healing from the staff. There is NO legitimate reason for the healing to be as bad as it is.

• Thanks 1

It's pretty good. You can run an immobilize Minstrel druid. Seeds of Life blind and cleanse, and you can provide 15k+ burst healing. So you'd just spam SoL, dazes, and heals on the commander. Immobilizes on the enemy regroups.

The boons Druid gives are mediocre, but you bring Druid for the immobilizes. After the patch, Warhorn will have an aoe daze and weakness.

Not meta, but certainly very solid.

Druid is also one of the best 1vX roamers in the game for skirmishing. 

17 hours ago, mistsim.2748 said:

Druid is also one of the best 1vX roamers in the game for skirmishing. 

Good joke. Druid is far to be the best 1vX roamers in the game. Not even close. In a roamers group, yes he can be useful, but alone ... he is good only at disengage and running away. 

Soulbeast can easily beat a Druid. Atm, Druid is good only for cc support in a small group of roamers. In WvW Solo and zerg raids are not suitable for him. Yes you can play Druid for fun, for trolling etc, but he is not even close competitive as the Soulbeast or other classes like Revenant, Thief, Warrior etc.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

Good joke. Druid is far to be the best 1vX roamers in the game. Not even close. In a roamers group, yes he can be useful, but alone ... he is good only at disengage and running away. 

Soulbeast can easily beat a Druid. Atm, Druid is good only for cc support in a small group of roamers. In WvW Solo and zerg raids are not suitable for him. Yes you can play Druid for fun, for trolling etc, but he is not even close competitive as the Soulbeast or other classes like Revenant, Thief, Warrior etc.

Maybe you're clueless about how to build the Druid? I run Sic Em SB, Boonbeast, condi SB, and Druid. Druid is my favorite, and I have yet to lose to a Sic Em SB in a 1v1. Maybe this is because I've played power Soulbeast in Plat 2 for a long time, and I find the burst combos extremely predictable. Between invis, dazes, Ancient Seed spam and projectile hate from Staff, killing a Soulbeast is quite trivial for a condi Druid. Super easy to out-sustain. So if there's any ranger build that can 1vX it's gonna be the Druid, but this only works in WvW because of the OP stats. You can have 2k armor, 20k HP, 1400 condi damage, a bunch of expertise, and 900 healing power. You can 1vX exactly because you can run away indefinitely while controlling the field with CC and putting out steady condi damage. Soulbeast can't fight multiple players in this way, and gases out too quickly against any condi build with good sustain.

Now that I think about it, Druid is probably #2 for roaming, after thief. 

Edited by mistsim.2748
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, mistsim.2748 said:

Maybe you're clueless about how to build the Druid? I run Sic Em SB, Boonbeast, condi SB, and Druid. Druid is my favorite, and I have yet to lose to a Sic Em SB in a 1v1. Maybe this is because I've played power Soulbeast in Plat 2 for a long time, and I find the burst combos extremely predictable. Between invis, dazes, Ancient Seed spam and projectile hate from Staff, killing a Soulbeast is quite trivial for a condi Druid. Super easy to out-sustain. So if there's any ranger build that can 1vX it's gonna be the Druid, but this only works in WvW because of the OP stats. You can have 2k armor, 20k HP, 1400 condi damage, a bunch of expertise, and 900 healing power. You can 1vX exactly because you can run away indefinitely while controlling the field with CC and putting out steady condi damage. Soulbeast can't fight multiple players in this way, and gases out too quickly against any condi build with good sustain.

Now that I think about it, Druid is probably #2 for roaming, after thief. 

I don't know on what server and what tier are you playing, because I didn't meet yet a Druid who can stand vs a Soulbeast, don't even want to talk about 1 vs X.

But, what can I say, I belive you. You and your Druid are the best, so it is no need to rework or buff Druid anymore, as many ppl are asking for, right? Because if Druid is so good vs X in WvW, that means he is really ok.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

I don't know on what server and what tier are you playing, because I didn't meet yet a Druid who can stand vs a Soulbeast, don't even want to talk about 1 vs X.

But, what can I say, I belive you. You and your Druid are the best, so it is no need to rework or buff Druid anymore, as many ppl are asking for, right? Because if Druid is so good vs X in WvW, that means he is really ok.

I mean, I won't say no to more Druid buffs but--I've never played PvP (so have no idea what 'tier' I'd be) and produced this in WvW:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I've never played PvP (so have no idea what 'tier' I'd be) 

My question was about the tier in WvW not sPVP. If you didn't know, there is a Server Rank for WvW too. But this explain a lot about your video and "what you produced".

Don't get me wrong, I like to play Druid, but atm definitely is not in a good spot, and he can't 1 vs X. Druid is still good at trolling, but this is something else. Usually when someone is talking about 1 vs X means he alone vs other players with almost the same skill. Otherwise, if you are a good player and the others are just noobs, ofc you can 1 vs X not only with Druid, but with every class in this game. Or from my experience, Druid at this moment he can't do 1 vs X as other ppl are saying.

PS: that ranger from your video doesn't have a clue what he is doing with his class.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

Soulbeast loses to a good condi Druid every time. With Staff projectile hate, constant reapplication of Hentai seeds, and condi spam, it's not even fair. Although good Boonbeasts take a little while to whittle down.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, they're both great for roaming. I just find Druid more versatile especially when outnumbered.  

If by trolling you mean securing kills, not losing 1v1's and disengaging from virtually anything, then yes you would be correct.

I do WvW against tier 1 servers. 

With the new upcoming boon, all roaming condi builds will arguably be a lot worse, which is a shame because I feel things are well balanced now. Any roamer with access to the boon will be very strong.

Edited by mistsim.2748

1 minute ago, mistsim.2748 said:

"Soulbeast loses to a good condi Druid every time. I'm not saying one is better than the other, they're both great. I just find Druid mor versatile."

Disagree, and the sub-forums asking love for druid prove this. I didn't meet yet a Druid who beat me or beat X players by himself.

1 minute ago, mistsim.2748 said:

With the new upcoming boon, all roaming condi builds will arguably be a lot worse, which is a shame because I feel things are well balanced now.

Agree, "things are well balanced now" , even many ppl (power builds mostly) are complain about condi builds that they are too OP.

Maybe I am ok because Soulbeast is doing very well with all his cleanse and condi resistance. There are some classes which are really powerless vs conditions.

9 hours ago, Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

My question was about the tier in WvW not sPVP. If you didn't know, there is a Server Rank for WvW too. But this explain a lot about your video and "what you produced".

Don't get me wrong, I like to play Druid, but atm definitely is not in a good spot, and he can't 1 vs X. Druid is still good at trolling, but this is something else. Usually when someone is talking about 1 vs X means he alone vs other players with almost the same skill. Otherwise, if you are a good player and the others are just noobs, ofc you can 1 vs X not only with Druid, but with every class in this game. Or from my experience, Druid at this moment he can't do 1 vs X as other ppl are saying.

PS: that ranger from your video doesn't have a clue what he is doing with his class.

What does WvW rank have to do with literally anything? I've found higher rank is inversely proportional to skill...even in this quick video it shows, I'm silver rank and those are two golds.

My estimation of the video is a bit different than yours...the SB started outside the camp because they are used to winning pretty easily (players with 'no skill' often immediately retreat into camp before engage); the only time they retreated was when they know they weren't going to win (which is normal WvW tactics anyway).  The mes came to +1 and got greedy / ignored condis, and finally the SB got 2v1'd itself only to retreat back into the camp again, showing a lot more awareness than someone that has 'no idea what they are doing with their class'.

Anyway, I have plenty of videos of 1vx I don't feel like uploading, they all go something like that and someone like you will always say that the other person has no idea what they are doing with their class.  

What you don't seem to understand is power SB is a one trick pony.  I can show you stalemates against actually hard classes, those being holosmith (way too many cleanses / invulns / escapes to fight on Druid) and certain condi herald builds (way too much CC and condi application even for all the cleanse Druid has).  So maybe your problem isn't with Druid itself it's the entire Ranger class needs a buff then...

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

What does WvW rank have to do with literally anything? I've found higher rank is inversely proportional to skill...even in this quick video it shows, I'm silver rank and those are two golds.

My estimation of the video is a bit different than yours...the SB started outside the camp because they are used to winning pretty easily (players with 'no skill' often immediately retreat into camp before engage); the only time they retreated was when they know they weren't going to win (which is normal WvW tactics anyway).  The mes came to +1 and got greedy / ignored condis, and finally the SB got 2v1'd itself only to retreat back into the camp again, showing a lot more awareness than someone that has 'no idea what they are doing with their class'.

Anyway, I have plenty of videos of 1vx I don't feel like uploading, they all go something like that and someone like you will always say that the other person has no idea what they are doing with their class.  

What you don't seem to understand is power SB is a one trick pony.  I can show you stalemates against actually hard classes, those being holosmith (way too many cleanses / invulns / escapes to fight on Druid) and certain condi herald builds (way too much CC and condi application even for all the cleanse Druid has).  So maybe your problem isn't with Druid itself it's the entire Ranger class needs a buff then...

🙂 . I am playing with Ranger since beta, all three types of game, sPVP, WvW and PVE. On sPVP first season I got Legendary title, in WvW  I played on SFR, when that Server was Top1 for more than 11 months. Our guild was a dedicated WvW guild. So, believe me I know and I can tell you when someone knows or doesn't know how to play his class. Even WvW rank doesn't say many things about a player (because yes there are players with 5k or more but they are not good fighters, they got this no. from zerging) I can tell you any time if that player is good or not. My team now is on Ring of Fire, and in the last 2 months almost all the time when we where 4-5 vs 7-10 enemies, we just melted them. But not because we are OP or Imba (we are playing for fun) , we killed them because they are week and they don't know hot to play their class. 

Maybe I am wrong, maybe I am too old, but from my experience with both Druid and Soulbeast, Soulbeast is much better than Druid in roaming or dueling.

Edited by Dragonzhunter.8506

6 hours ago, Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

🙂 . I am playing with Ranger since beta, all three types of game, sPVP, WvW and PVE. On sPVP first season I got Legendary title, in WvW  I played on SFR, when that Server was Top1 for more than 11 months. Our guild was a dedicated WvW guild. So, believe me I know and I can tell you when someone knows or doesn't know how to play his class. Even WvW rank doesn't say many things about a player (because yes there are players with 5k or more but they are not good fighters, they got this no. from zerging) I can tell you any time if that player is good or not. My team now is on Ring of Fire, and in the last 2 months almost all the time when we where 4-5 vs 7-10 enemies, we just melted them. But not because we are OP or Imba (we are playing for fun) , we killed them because they are week and they don't know hot to play their class. 

Maybe I am wrong, maybe I am too old, but from my experience with both Druid and Soulbeast, Soulbeast is much better than Druid in roaming or dueling.

Have any solo roaming vids? 

16 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Have any solo roaming vids? 

Nope, I don't stream. I am playing for me not for others. The only time when I did video was with my guild, 5 years ago, and the only purpose was for as to see how, where and what did we do wrong or good.

You should know very well, that it is easy to do a video only when you are beating someone 🙂 .

Edited by Dragonzhunter.8506

On 5/6/2021 at 7:20 PM, Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

You know what? You have right! 

But the answer to you is :  someone tried to say that Druid is the bets 1 vs X roamer ... 😄

I did and I'm completely right. Not my fault you took the entire thread off topic. Everyone is telling you Druid is one of the best roamers in the game. Not knowing this just proves how inexperienced you are, so I just chose to stop responding.

Edited by mistsim.2748

On 5/8/2021 at 5:48 PM, mistsim.2748 said:

I did and I'm completely right. Not my fault you took the entire thread off topic. Everyone is telling you Druid is one of the best roamers in the game. Not knowing this just proves how inexperienced you are, so I just chose to stop responding.

Don't get me wrong, I said "You have right!" about the fact we talked off topic, not about Druid is one of the best roamers in the game, because is not!

"Not knowing this just proves how inexperienced you are, so I just chose to stop responding." - I already told you about my experience in this game, but ofc it is up to you to believe whatever you want. I can prove my experience any time, don't know about you, instead.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 6:24 PM, Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

Don't get me wrong, I said "You have right!" about the fact we talked off topic, not about Druid is one of the best roamers in the game, because is not!

"Not knowing this just proves how inexperienced you are, so I just chose to stop responding." - I already told you about my experience in this game, but ofc it is up to you to believe whatever you want. I can prove my experience any time, don't know about you, instead.

It's factually proved that druid is better at disengaging than soulbeast, this is not a matter of preference, it's a matter of available traits, with: celestial clarity and shadow, a druid is pretty much harder to catch than a soulbeast...and staff is really a great weapon, can be played with condi, power or even support healing, a good weapon overall.

Now soulbeast makes a great roamer, it's got way more dmg and boon application than a druid and it's way more tanky but it's definitely easier to gank pin down than a druid; against 5-6 people there is just that much you can do: with dolyak and possibly bear stance gone, you only have GS and some other dash as mobility or a 3s stealth

Druid gives you an instant mass cleansing and a 3s superspeed to leg it on top of 2s stealth and that every 10s ( in wvw at least), those are pretty good reasons to consider druid better at running away than soulbeast won't you think?

Edited by Arheundel.6451

4 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

It's factually proved that druid is better at disengaging than soulbeast, this is not a matter of preference, it's a matter of available traits, with: celestial clarity and shadow, a druid is pretty much harder to catch than a soulbeast...and staff is really a great weapon, can be played with condi, power or even support healing, a good weapon overall.

Now soulbeast makes a great roamer, it's got way more dmg and boon application than a druid and it's way more tanky but it's definitely easier to gank pin down than a druid; against 5-6 people there is just that much you can do: with dolyak and possibly bear stance gone, you only have GS and some other dash as mobility or a 3s stealth

Druid gives you an instant mass cleansing and a 3s superspeed to leg it on top of 2s stealth and that every 10s ( in wvw at least), those are pretty good reasons to consider druid better at running away than soulbeast won't you think?

Depends of what pet are you using. Soulbeast with a bird+GS+Hunter's Shot+Quickening Zephyr (4s superspeed)  can give you a big distance so you can get out of combat and runaway. Never, but never I was caught by any class with this setup. Ofc usually I am not playing with bird, because most of the time I am staying to fight even the odds are against me, because I love to fight instead to runaway and I am playing with friends. I don't let them die alone 🙂 . I am using bird, only when I am playing glass cannon SB.

I don't know which class is better for disengage Druid or SB, but Dolyak Stance is the best against any kind of impaired movement spell. Unstoppable Union is another one. Like I said, depend of the build.

Regarding conditions,  SB has a plenty of cleanse utilities due to the WS traits line. Zephyr's Speed from BM is another one, Sigil of Cleansing, really SB doesn't have any problem against Condi builds. I think is one of the best self cleansing class in the game.

Druid is good, but I can kill much easier and more with SB than with the Druid. Druid is good in a group due to his Ancient Seed, but if I want to down and finish someone in a fight, 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 or my group (usually 3-5) vs many, SB is the best for me.

I feel like Druid and SB are almost the same for disengage (Druid can be better, if you are using Staff and Sword+any other weapon), but this "better" is useless since SB can disengage enough to runaway safely. 

Regarding the damage, SB is above Druid.

At least this is my opinion.

PS: Lately I am playing Druid, just for trolling ppl. Ancient Seed is so funny.