Can we get Gaile Gray back please?

Since she is gone, the ArenaNet employee participation level to these forums has gone down considerably. As well as the number of community interaction events here like the Release day dev celebrations and the ArenaNet Forum Chats. And I miss her friendly and positive personality.

If this is not possible, then I would like to ask if someone else at ArenaNet can take this role to increase the level of interaction between ArenaNet and the forum community.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely agree, I miss so much AFC :'( really, the devs speaking of their maps and events, the scrapped interesting first versions of thoses... :s It feels so empty now. I'm happy we have more road maps. But well, not the same. Even the questions and answers... Q&A only happens through gaming websites... Someone remember the magazine they made with taimi and the little side stories website giving infos about rytlock, caithe or canach? Yeah, that what I said, forgotten.

ArenaNet's interaction with the community on the official forums has always been practically nonexistent.

They are not truly interested in engaging with the community here and they never were. It has always been a one way street work periodic empty statements made during interviews like "we're not very good at communicating and we know we need to do better" and so on.

That said, we do now get quarterly roadmaps and they have told us about some pretty big plans they have coming at some stage in the future. So despite what I said I think we have more meaningful communication now than we did in the past. There just really isn't a lot to say. They don't want to spoil the expansion and I'd say there's not much more happening in ArenaNet right now.

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:pseudo-shameless plug

I posted this when it happened and was.... somewhat surprised at some of the responses. That being said, there are many who agree and disagree with you.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69665/gaile-will-be-missed#latest

Well your first misstake was posting that in the wvw section might have scewed the replies a tad.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:
pseudo-shameless plug

I posted this when it happened and was.... somewhat surprised at some of the responses. That being said, there are many who agree and disagree with you.

Well your first misstake was posting that in the wvw section might have scewed the replies a tad.

Yep. Agreed..

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:If this is not possible, then I would like to ask if someone else at ArenaNet can take this role to increase the level of interaction between ArenaNet and the forum community.Frankly, her presence didn't really increase the level of interaction between Anet and the community. Most of her interactions were completely personal, and had exactly zero impact on any flow of information between devs and the community.

While i agree, that Anet does need a community manager, and i'm not going to say that Gaile would be bad for that job, there's no real point as long as the general communication policy remains as it ever was in GW2. Without some truly significant changes on that field, there's not much meaning about who would hold that position.

TL/DR; It doesn't matter if there's someone talking to community, or who that person might be, as long as they aren't allowed to say anything actually meaningful.

Ironically, she "had to leave" one month after she learned about a mount bug for some users..https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/66904/about-the-mount-bug-not-loading-and-character-stuck-sitting-in-the-ground-a-band-aid-solutionSpoiler Alert : It's still not fixed.I lost all hope to see this bug fixed one day when I heard about this, didn't see anyone else as much invested community wise to make the game better since.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:Since she is gone, the ArenaNet employee participation level to these forums has gone down considerably.

Unfortunately, she is not coming back. Apparently, the position she occupied doesn't seem important enough to refill properly. The person who is coming close to a replacement doesn't even feel comfortable enough to use her real name any longer, likely because dealing with players who demand frequent communication isn't too pleasant?

@Only Even.6193 said:Spoiler Alert : It's still not fixed.

I haven't encountered this bug in years.

Perhaps your internet is too slow to sync properly with the servers?

Same as @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493", my experiences with her were not very good. But I will not stomp on her work, she did a good job. Every human has their own edges and preferences. You cannot be friends with everyone on the planet.

I do miss one certain point however. Before she left, she created and started to fill the Guild Wars 2 and Forum Policies. This was probably one of the most annoying, tedious and also dangerous tasks on the forums. I totally understand that no one dared to continue this section. But if it was completed, it would have saved us (and them) a lot of trouble. It is not useless, the topics she managed to write are a huge help.

A staff-member I really miss is Mr. Cleary. He engaged in the difficult and heated discussions, listened to our problems and answered the most important questions.