Decent vanilla pvp class

czerwoni.9563

Ranger and Warrior are great classes to start on to learn the game, as they are less complicated to play and both have viable vanilla builds.

With that being said... Every class has a "viable" vanilla build if played correctly, so whatever your friend enjoys playing would probably be the best place to start.

war ranger guard can be on par with elite specs imo even if played right fresh air ele could be great dps.....other classes are outshined by elite specs.....mesmer both elites upgrade it a lot, engi same, necro has worst vanilla spec imo so dont advice him necro. I would go war or hammer radiance guard

Elementalist is probably the only true vanilla spec left: both elite specs are too complicated and nothing special in PvP really. Weaver you need to put in 300% more effort just to get the same results as vanilla ele :) Tempest: 4 sec casts in PvP? No thanks.Guardian is also great, maybe Long Bow Ranger. Mesmer Greatsword is still viable. Warrior is simple but not that effective without elite spec (Spellbreaker is op as Power, Berserker is very strong as condi), but it is a go class for learning basics.Just stay away from Engineer and Necromancer.

Why do people keep trying to say core necro is a thing?

Core necro is not a thing, it has neither dps nor sustain, on top of having worse mobility than either scourge or reaper. Literally all of necromancer's potency comes exclusively from the two elite specs. The class does not function as a core build.

@Crinn.7864 said:Why do people keep trying to say core necro is a thing?

Core necro is not a thing, it has neither dps nor sustain, on top of having worse mobility than either scourge or reaper. Literally all of necromancer's potency comes exclusively from the two elite specs. The class does not function as a core build.

The only two inputs in this thread about the Necro before your post were a big "stay away from core Necro" so I don't known what you're talking about. Did you read the post?

Ranger is pretty good (although not a great carry class like druid can be)

Warrior is solid

Guardian is still viable

Elementalist can actually work, but it takes skill.

Engie is doable, but I wouldn't recommend it

And like the Engie, I've pulled off base Rev in platinum a few times. (Although, like the engie, it's not nearly as strong as their meta builds)

@Loboling.5293 said:Ranger is pretty good (although not a great carry class like druid can be)

Warrior is solid

Guardian is still viable

Elementalist can actually work, but it takes skill.

Engie is doable, but I wouldn't recommend it

And like the Engie, I've pulled off base Rev in platinum a few times. (Although, like the engie, it's not nearly as strong as their meta builds)

nice i started pvp this year and did placements on the last day of the season with scourge, and rev. got silver 3 so i guess i got average for a first try. my friend tho really like the guardian class lol.

I'm doing PvP as a core warrior and I feel pretty beefy. In fairness, I'm playing unranked games, but in those games I do feel like I'm just steamrolling over 7 out of every 8 opponents. Power axe/shield with some berserker stance to save you from conditions is strong. Good burst. Good sustain. Much wow.

Archived