Whats some ways to improve the "Elite Zone" concept? E.G Dragon's Stand

Knighthonor.4061

Whats some ways to improve the "Elite Zone" concept? E.G Dragon's Stand.

I like the concept in itself, just feel it could been executed better.

For me personally, I believe the Zone needs task between Boss timers, that way its not a total waste during the wait window. Maybe a cycle of mini bosses during the wait period to give motivation for groups to wander the zone and stay during the wait window.

Also suggest having some sort of Small City or something similar, that can be constantly invaded in the Elite Zones during the wait window while the boss reestablishes themselves , which would provide players with another goal during the wait window of defending the City.

It would have been interesting to have smaller scale events like we see during the 3 lanes (free bats, collect crystals, help beetles etc) but scaled for 3-5 people in between campaigns, but its likely far too late to implement this. I agree with your suggestion, but with the next expansion on the horizon I'm fully expecting DS to get very little activity.

Meta's that lock specific content from being reached feels kinda sparse and creates irritation amongst players. But its nice for a timely squad to do. Doing a Pseudo-meta like such as Siren's Landing is really nice and has an overall healthy effect on the grouping since it encouraged people to do hearts as kind of mini quest while doing the main event while doing the hearts.

Inventing an event that encourages people to proactively do something they are generally not doing in a map creates a new dynamic. So I feel that things that tie into the main event without making barriers to discourage players from discovering and exploring areas makes people more entertained to do things. This is why Auric Basin was such a huge hit with people cause there was only a couple places that barred areas which is kinda a bit annoying but not as much as Dragon Stand which blocked off most of the zone.

Things that require the meta to progress in such a way to unlock other parts of the map make it more difficult and time consuming. Making feeling like you have to commit a lot of effort to get it done or you don't get it done at all which is very discouraging.

Archived