Nerfs the ranger class as a whole needs, please Anet.

anduriell.6280

Core Ranger fails at condi buildsCore Ranger power builds were over-nerfed and can no longer compete in higher tiers unless it is vs. very specifically power damage

Druid is bad unless you're playing in middle tiersDruid is only "looking to be viable" because of Jacaranda

Condi Soulbeast is atrociously bad and in no way viablePower Soulbeast is still viable amongst high tier, but it literally takes "the most experienced Ranger players in the community" to be able to even make it work

Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast is middle tier amongst everything else at best right now in this current patching. Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast has always felt strong in middle tiers due to middle tier players not understanding how to work LOS and how to exploit bad pet pathing, which is what most of you are probably feeling. Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast in higher tiers is just really really difficult to play. It couldn't sustain anymore nerfing in this current patching without dropping out of the scene completely, and that isn't bias, that is actually true.

The only thing that SHOULD be tended to is Druid immob spam builds. <- This has nothing to do with OP or UP, it's about obnoxious mechanics. The real root of the problem is the Jacaranda. Jacaranda is the icing on the cake of these builds that puts them over the top in terms of frequency of immob spam, and ability to deal a lot of damage while the player is caught in the immob spam. That damage coming from Call Lightning. If it weren't for the Call Lightning, I assure you that Druid has bad damage.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Core Ranger fails at condi buildsCore Ranger power builds were over-nerfed and can no longer compete in higher tiers unless it is vs. very specifically power damage

Druid is bad unless you're playing in middle tiersDruid is only "looking to be viable" because of Jacaranda

Condi Soulbeast is atrociously bad and in no way viablePower Soulbeast is still viable amongst high tier, but it literally takes "the most experienced Ranger players in the community" to be able to even make it work

Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast is middle tier amongst everything else at best right now in this current patching. Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast has always felt strong in middle tiers due to middle tier players not understanding how to work LOS and how to exploit bad pet pathing, which is what most of you are probably feeling. Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast in higher tiers is just really really difficult to play. It couldn't sustain anymore nerfing in this current patching without dropping out of the scene completely, and that isn't bias, that is actually true.

The only thing that SHOULD be tended to is Druid immob spam builds. <- This has nothing to do with OP or UP, it's about obnoxious mechanics. The real root of the problem is the Jacaranda. Jacaranda is the icing on the cake of these builds that puts them over the top in terms of frequency of immob spam, and ability to deal a lot of damage while the player is caught in the immob spam. That damage coming from Call Lightning. If it weren't for the Call Lightning, I assure you that Druid has bad damage.

Per the usual, the problem still is a split in gameplay from sPvP and WvW. It's not as good as guard on-node and longbow can't function well while engaged in melee.

That said, anyone claiming soulbeast of any kind is even remotely balanced right now in WvW where it can leverage its entire kit in open-space fights with a more diverse set of gear options is absolutely full of crap. Bruiser longbow Soulbeast + Minstrel ele is literally the S+ tier combo in everything outside of ZvZ and can pretty much indefinitely tank any group of less than 10 while having enough kill pressure on the soulbeast to take targets down one at a time. The damage is still there even on a build meant mostly to sustain by sheer unconditional modifiers, raw stats, and innate damage potential.

Even with only like 100 hours on condi soulbeast I frequently win 1v2/1v3 and it's my go-to class to roam on when I start losing and needing a free carry, well past a cut above 6k hours on thief and another 1.5k on my Dia+ level Reaper that I used to coach people on how to play...

So yeah, maybe not top tier in sPvP but WvW-specific nerfs being requested are absolutely justified.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Even with only like 100 hours on condi soulbeast I frequently win 1v2/1v3 and it's my go-to class to roam on when I start losing and needing a free carry, well past a cut above 6k hours on thief and another 1.5k on my Dia+ level Reaper that I used to coach people on how to play...

So yeah, maybe not top tier in sPvP but WvW-specific nerfs being requested are absolutely justified.

Just saying using the win rate in WvW is not a clear pointer a build or class is op, most of the peeps you can find in there are PvE players doing the transition to PvP. In other words is not like you can find there the top experienced players.

• Like 1

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"DeceiverX.8361" said:Even with only like 100 hours on condi soulbeast I frequently win 1v2/1v3 and it's my go-to class to roam on when I start losing and needing a free carry, well past a cut above 6k hours on thief and another 1.5k on my Dia+ level Reaper that I used to coach people on how to play...

Just saying using the win rate in WvW is not a clear pointer a build or class is op, most of the peeps you can find in there are PvE players doing the transition to PvP. In other words is not like you can find there the top experienced players.

Trying to make a universal claim that a lot of wvw players are in that mode "because they are transitioning to pvp" is as random as it is false.

• Confused 1

@"anduriell.6280" said:

Wholeheartedly disagree with this statement.I play WvW because I hate PvP amulets, I like Group v Group fights and I like the whole "battlefield" objective based gamemode.

PvP is just a cesspool which yu are thrown in with static objectives which force players to fight over, with stifled build options thanks to nerfs and amulets.PvP yuck.

There's a reason why Renegade isn't GGOP in WvW despite having a better overall performance, and there aren't dumb nerfs and amulets choking out builds in WvW and there are a variety of builds that can put down GGOP builds in WvW.

Any gamemode which limits the player build wise is disgusting in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Nonconstructive Post . Nothing else need to be said. How many years now and we still got these people running around asking for nerfs on classes that they got pawned hard by. Just go to forum of any class, you can see "nerf guards", "nerf weaver", "nerf mesmer", etc... apparently definition of "OP" is "i got pawned and it hurts so bad". Should rangers ask nerfs to elem, mesmers, and guardians for spamming reflects all the time in groups?

@Aridon.8362 said:As a warrior I eat a lot of rangers for breakfast. Nice try though.

It's not really an amazing feat I'd say to beat ranger at this point, with all the nerfs the class has received and how easy is to negate most of their dmg with reflect/dodge and side strifes to avoid pets, ofc there are still those who die to a ranger and cry wolf ....like some players using that bot class Necro and in WvW to boot out of all places.

I can't remember the last time I lost to a ranger whether it be PvP or WvW, must have been like 1 year or more when boonbeast was a thing and soulbeast had pet swap, after that the conditions to lose to a ranger are :

A ) You play a bot class like necro where you switch off your brain and F1 to glory so...people get used to never dodge and suchB ) You are a new player

• 2 months later...

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Core Ranger fails at condi buildsCore Ranger power builds were over-nerfed and can no longer compete in higher tiers unless it is vs. very specifically power damage

Per the usual, the problem still is a split in gameplay from sPvP and WvW. It's not as good as guard on-node and longbow can't function well while engaged in melee.

That said, anyone claiming soulbeast of any kind is even remotely balanced right now in WvW where it can leverage its entire kit in open-space fights with a more diverse set of gear options is absolutely full of kitten. Bruiser longbow Soulbeast + Minstrel ele is literally the S+ tier combo in everything outside of ZvZ and can pretty much indefinitely tank any group of less than 10 while having enough kill pressure on the soulbeast to take targets down one at a time. The damage is still there even on a build meant mostly to sustain by sheer unconditional modifiers, raw stats, and innate damage potential.

Even with only like 100 hours on condi soulbeast I frequently win 1v2/1v3 and it's my go-to class to roam on when I start losing and needing a free carry, well past a cut above 6k hours on thief and another 1.5k on my Dia+ level Reaper that I used to coach people on how to play...

Yeah but see you're just going against what would be otherwise called "silver tier players" or maybe "bottom gold players" while you're in wvw. This makes the Soulbeast builds FEEL strong when you are against players of that tier for all the reasons I already stated here in this thread. But if you were to go against platinum + combat mechanically enabled players with Soulbeast builds, you wouldn't be 1v2ing or 1v3ing anything and in fact you'd be struggling in wvw 1v1s against players who actually know how to figure out how to take advantage of things like sigils of draining & absorption.

Soulbeast is not the strongest roamer, not even close. Other things like Mirage or Daredevil or even Speed Rune Reapers, can seriously abuse and exploit pve gear options to the point that they because 1vX worthy opponents that can stay on top of you and deny you of actions or boons until you die, and they have seemingly infinite heal cycling with draining and CC play. Soulbeast cannot wield those options like some other classes can. I'm telling you, most people in wvw are honestly low tier mechanically and knowledge wise. If we had all of the people playing from about 3 or 4 years ago again, you'd see REAL FAST that Soulbeast was only roughly a middle tiered roamer maybe a somewhere in between top tier and middle tier. 100% guarantee you Daredevils and Mirages would be the top #2 roaming threats if there were more players around again who actually knew what they were doing.

@"quaniesan.8497" said:Nonconstructive Post . Nothing else need to be said. How many years now and we still got these people running around asking for nerfs on classes that they got pawned hard by. Just go to forum of any class, you can see "nerf guards", "nerf weaver", "nerf mesmer", etc... apparently definition of "OP" is "i got pawned and it hurts so bad". Should rangers ask nerfs to elem, mesmers, and guardians for spamming reflects all the time in groups?

Agree!

@Aridon.8362 said:As a warrior I eat a lot of rangers for breakfast. Nice try though.

I don't know what is happening atm in sPVP, but in WvW I can troll every warrior. We have a build that can easily face a warrior. I am not saying I can kill every time any warrior with that build but definitely, the warrior can't kill me. Against a good warrior, the fight could take minutes, but that's it.

@"anduriell.6280", I hope this is just a joke. Once again, I repeat myself "I don't know how things are in sPVP now" but in WvW everything is pretty straight: Ranger is a good Roamer, and still not loved in zerg. Even we have few builds to play with core, druid or soulbeast, the most competitive of them is the soulbeast.I see a few ppl are saying WS must be nerfed, well this is the only trait line that keeps us alive in WvW, these days when condi builds are everywhere and they are so powerful.I understand what @Eurantien.4632 is saying, that this trait line must be nerfed BUT only if the other line traits can get condi cleanse or Anet will land a balance between classes, or between power and condi. In my opinion, this trait line should stay as it is atm. If you need more damage you can have it by replacing the WS , having in mind that you are more defenceless to condi build. That's why this " @Eurantien.4632 : Builds that run 3 lines without WS have inherent weaknesses. Especially if you run 3 dps traitlines. You have little condi clear and clear windows where you have nothing available. And that is how I believe the game should be played."

Now:"Greatsword is over performing in sPvP mode. " - GS was already nerfed , the CD's are a little bit too long.

"Ancient Seeds is an extremely passive trait which brings too much immob in any game mode. That trait needs to be removed as no rework can make a trait which applies immobilize fun to play with or against to." - this is the only trait that makes Druid somehow playable and worth in a small group. Otherwise, the other only reason you should play Druid is only if you wanna be a troll who abuses stealth, but not being able to kill anything.

"Druid has access to too many stealth sources. " - are you joking? Every ranger class has access to the same amount of stealth, Druid has only one more with Celestial Shadow. Even so, I don't think he can stay in stealth more than a thief, engi or mesmer. And yes, Druid is abusing the stealth, because he was nerfed so badly on other things, and the stealth is the only thing that makes him survive. If you nerf this and take it away from him, Druid will be a trash specialization, good for nothing.To summarise, if they will nerf ancient seeds, stealth ability (including trap rune), then Druid will be unplayable. He is not good support, he is not a good healer, he is not a good damage dealer ... take his cc most important abilities and the stealth, and that's it.

"Multipliers on Soulbeast are too many" and "Beastmastery traitline brings too much for the Soulbeast in any gamemode" - do you realize that these are the reason the Soulbeast is a viable class? I don't get it ... you want to nerf all those things above (Greatsword, stealth) and now the multipliers and Beastmastery? Ok, then can you tell me what we should play? Thief maybe? Is the Soulbeast so OP in sPVP? I see @Eurantien.4632 (one of the best sPVP Ranger) is saying "ranger is one of the weakest if not the weakest profession in top tier sPvP right now", so how come Soulbeast is so powerful in your opinion?

I think the Ranger is in a good position right now (WvW perspective, @Eurantien.4632 and other PVP players can talk about the sPVP area). I don't think needs any nerf, but contrary I think Druid needs some buff or just a rework so he can be what he was supposed to be since the release.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

PS: I promise I'll start to play sPVP again, so I can be more objective regarding sPVP area.

• 1 month later...

I'd tell the the poster of this thread to play a Ranger and then get back to me about nerfs.  Otherwise I'd say against certain players I win 50% of the time and I lose 50% of the time.  And the thieves and Deadeyes are always experimenting on either a two or three shot and your downed build.  So I don't want to hear anything about nerfs towards Rangers, when they keep finding builds that allows them to perma-Basilisk an enemy into the ground, or fire 2 or 3 shots and your downed state without even the ability to see your stealthed body or have reaction time in order to evade such an attack.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KeyOrion.9506 said:

I'd tell the the poster of this thread to play a Ranger and then get back to me about nerfs.  Otherwise I'd say against certain players I win 50% of the time and I lose 50% of the time.  And the thieves and Deadeyes are always experimenting on either a two or three shot and your downed build.  So I don't want to hear anything about nerfs towards Rangers, when they keep finding builds that allows them to perma-Basilisk an enemy into the ground, or fire 2 or 3 shots and your downed state without even the ability to see your stealthed body or have reaction time in order to evade such an attack.

its a very old thread tbh.

but it looks like early someon said the OP Changed mains to necromancer and basically asking for counter classes to be nerfed while demanding buffs for necromancer.

Ranger seems fine to me.. the only thing i'd like to see changed is Longbow (not Nerfed as such but changed) Rapid fire seems kinda ridiculous. not from a Damage point of view or balancing.. just It isnt fun to use, it isnt fun to be against, Alot of the reason Rangers considered Easymode.. is down to the longbow overall realistically. while weapons shouldnt exactly be equalising with melee Damage at 1200 Range.

maybe thats just a personal opinon on enjoyment.. but its not fun to use.. yet it feels pretty much mandatory in PvP atm.

• Like 2