Candy Gobbler needs help

@Shirlias.8104 said:Oh well, then use your boosters ( i like to think that you deliberately decided to troll and don't believe what you wrote ).Btw, i also have many boosters that i didn't pay

but i save em for when i am in a hurry and don't want to load the gobbler.

So if you have a bunch of boosters did you buy them from the gem store or were they free, seeing as your arguing is that the Gobbler is cheaper than boosters at 100 gems each.

Candy corn cost NOTHING compared to a booster cost.

Edit: oh, I see you got a bunch of free boosters.

So if you, like pretty much everyone else, have free boosters and don’t buy them from the gemstore, why don’t you compare the cost of the Gobbler against your free boosters? Why compare the Gobbler to a purchase you don’t make?

@Shirlias.8104 said:It's a fact that the gobbler is cheap.

You are just trolling about "since i got boosters for free and i currently have em, then the boosters compared to candy gobbler cost nothing".Are you for real?

I’m saying your argument doesn’t make sense.

The comparison is against the gobbler and boosters. There are two main possible sources, gemstore and free. If most people pay 100 gems for each booster then it’s reasonable to compare the cost of using the gobble to gemstore boosters. But if most people get their boosters free then the costs of using the gobbler can only be compared to free boosters. You can’t realistically compare the cost of using the gobbler to boosters people don’t buy.

Your screenshot shows a lot of free boosters. Do you buy boosters and how often do you buy them? If you never buy boosters then why aren’t you comparing the cost of using the gobbler against the free boosters?

I used to open blc in the earlier days.If you know the different boosters avaible or previously avaible in the game, then you will know for sure the 2 100+ booster stacks, and how players are/were able to get em.

That said, i tried to explain you how can a player have active 50% extra reward/exp all the times, and how will it be extremely expensive with boosters, compared to the gobbler. If you want to accept the reality of facts or not it's up to you.

Now i don't really care anymore.

@Shirlias.8104 said:I used to open blc in the earlier days.If you know the different boosters avaible or previously avaible in the game, then you will know for sure the 2 100+ booster stacks, and how players are/were able to get em.

That said, i tried to explain you how can a player have active 50% extra reward/exp all the times, and how will it be extremely expensive with boosters, compared to the gobbler. If you want to accept the reality of facts or not it's up to you.

It’s not “extremely expensive with boosters” if the boosters are free. That’s my argument. Most people (including you) have free boosters, not gemstore boosters and the cost of using the gobbler should be compared to what people actually use, not what they might theoretically use if they spent 100 gems per booster.

I'm jealous of your huge stacks of boosters. I've used up all of my classic boosters and all of the exp or item boosters I've received, and when I do receive the occasional free one it gets used pretty quickly.

You guys are forgetting about a third group of people (like myself), who don'thave any boosters on hand most of the time, and also would never buy boosts from the gem store. For those others players in my situation, the only reliable way to get booster boons is via the CC Gobbler. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:The Gobbler without costume or cd would be like ''Boosters are now meaningless, congratulation''.

I doubt something like this will ever happen.

Or like Princess, set a limit how much you can do daily.

No sense, i want the buffs everytime i need em ( even if i have to waste corns and time ).They should change an item you knew how it have worked ( because, i hope, you checked both wiki and youtube for info related before the purchase ) just because reasons? i say "never".

@Shirlias.8104 said:The Gobbler without costume or cd would be like ''Boosters are now meaningless, congratulation''.

Would it make boosters meaningless? Even with no cooldown or transformations you’d still have to use candy corn and take time to build up the boosts you want while boosters are immediate, not RNG in boosts given and don’t require the time and cost per try spent getting the full boost. if you get boosters from logging in and other ingame sources then there’s no time/gold cost to using them at all.

1. A single boost is 100 gems ( 2h boost ) which is 24g.
  2. 250 corns are, currently, around 50c each.
    • Which means 1,25g per stack ( 250 corns )
    • Around 5k corns
  3. With 250 corn you are likely to have more than 5h exp/track boost ( i'll give it a shot after lunch ).
  4. With no cooldown there won't be any reason to buy boosters, and i perfectly explicated why.

Would be wonderful to have a free item which bypass the store for just 300gems and a bunch of corns, but you have to understand that nobody will ever buy any booster then, if you only have to login an click click 50 times ( and pay 90s ofc!! ) for 2h boost.

That ignores that RNG factor of booster vs transformation and the additional layer of RNG with useless boosters like regen, speed, armor.

I'm one who has both things;-A stack of 'useless' boosters gotten for free over the course of the years-The Candy Corn Gobbler

Of the two, I've used the Gobbler more so aside from the old WXP boosters. But it has seen alot less use over the years.It takes up only 1 bag slot and can give the benefits of a variety of boosts, but Candy Corn takes up additional space just to power it. A non-issue in Labyr but an annoyance off season to Halloween with having to keep the limited stacks stocked.Of course, it's all RNG so you may not get the boost you want. Karma and such being my main appeal usually.

Single use boosters allow you to immediately get you the buff you want on demand without hassle and usually for a long duration. Works well if you have a very specific planned activity you plan on doing for an extended period of time.In my case however, I dislike repetitiveness for too long, so often times these boosts go to waste. IE; Crafting Boosters in my case.

TBH, the cooldown doesn't bother me as much as the transformations do.Often times I click the CCG whilst traversing or in mid combat, but being transformed is quite the pain in more ways than one.Lack of skills, having to extra click just to remove said transform, they are useless for anything other than aesthetics.In some cases, even hampers your profession mechanics just by using it as well and now probably mounting to boot.

IMO the cooldown can remain just fine, its a trade off of RNG, Time, Clicks and Candy Corn for the lesser boosts.Heck, even just having a "failed" empty slot would be alot better than a forced transform.

@drunkenpilot.9837 said:I'm jealous of your huge stacks of boosters. I've used up all of my classic boosters and all of the exp or item boosters I've received, and when I do receive the occasional free one it gets used pretty quickly.

You guys are forgetting about a third group of people (like myself), who don'thave any boosters on hand most of the time, and also would never buy boosts from the gem store. For those others players in my situation, the only reliable way to get booster boons is via the CC Gobbler. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation.

There’s another source of 3 boosters. The Laurel merchant sells an Exp booster. A 30% gold from monsters booster (which you can combine with an Omnomberry bar to get an additional 40% boost) and it sells Item boosters. Each for 1 Laurel, which can give you up to 55 boosters from that source each month.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:I used to open blc in the earlier days.If you know the different boosters avaible or previously avaible in the game, then you will know for sure the 2 100+ booster stacks, and how players are/were able to get em.

It’s not “extremely expensive with boosters” if the boosters are free. That’s my argument. Most people (including you) have free boosters, not gemstore boosters and the cost of using the gobbler should be compared to what people actually use, not what they might theoretically use if they spent 100 gems per booster.

It could hamake sense if i hadnt use over 300h of track/exp booster with corns> @Khisanth.2948 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:

Or like Princess, set a limit how much you can do daily.

No sense, i want the buffs everytime i need em ( even if i have to waste corns and time ).They should change an item you knew how it have worked ( because, i hope, you checked both wiki and youtube for info related before the purchase ) just because reasons? i say "never".

Would it make boosters meaningless? Even with no cooldown or transformations you’d still have to use candy corn and take time to build up the boosts you want while boosters are immediate, not RNG in boosts given and don’t require the time and cost per try spent getting the full boost. if you get boosters from logging in and other ingame sources then there’s no time/gold cost to using them at all.

1. A single boost is 100 gems ( 2h boost ) which is 24g.
  2. 250 corns are, currently, around 50c each.
    • Which means 1,25g per stack ( 250 corns )
    • Around 5k corns
  3. With 250 corn you are likely to have more than 5h exp/track boost ( i'll give it a shot after lunch ).
  4. With no cooldown there won't be any reason to buy boosters, and i perfectly explicated why.

Would be wonderful to have a free item which bypass the store for just 300gems and a bunch of corns, but you have to understand that nobody will ever buy any booster then, if you only have to login an click click 50 times ( and pay 90s ofc!! ) for 2h boost.

That ignores that RNG factor of booster vs transformation and the additional layer of RNG with useless boosters like regen, speed, armor.

Nope. I said 90s x 2h exp boost.Do your calculation and you will find that I was deliberately Low on experience hour from Gobbler.

Archived