Power and Condi attributes theorycrafting

I'm curious if anyone has done any theorycrafting on DPS not just on overall condition vs direct damage, but also on the weight of the attributes involved in reaching those DPS values.

My intuition tells me that Malice provides much more bang for the buck for condi builds than any one attribute does for direct builds (which seem to be close to equally reliant on power, precision, and ferocity), but I can't claim to know that for sure. If that's the case, it's one reason why condition builds just instinctively feel so effective - it isn't just that the overall DPS is higher, it's that you reach good DPS numbers with a lot more flexibility in your loadout.

I'd love to see some comparisons between bersker/assassin-based direct DPS, sinister/viper-based, and rabid/dire based condi DPS for a few different classes to get a better picture of the real synergy and weight of each of these attributes within those builds.

Flexible is such a relative term. See those 10 people going down at once in the labyrinth? They sure arent running a dire/trailblazer mix, I can tell you that much. And they're not doing much dps when dead. Plus the rest have to sacrifice dps just to res - you cant do power dps while ressing, but your condis will still tick. So yeah, its more flexible.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Flexible is such a relative term. See those 10 people going down at once in the labyrinth? They sure arent running a dire/trailblazer mix, I can tell you that much. And they're not doing much dps when dead. Plus the rest have to sacrifice dps just to res - you cant do power dps while ressing, but your condis will still tick. So yeah, its more flexible.

Thanks for the rant I guess, but it had nothing whatsoever to do with my question. I'm not trying to quantify offense vs defense, I'm trying to quantify the way the different offensive attributes contribute to condition builds vs direct builds.

Then you should has experienced condi back in the early days. The reason Condi feels effective, is because its still killing targets within a given rotation. With Power builds, where the damage output timing is one to one with your actions, mobs will die at the end of a skill executing. With the current damage scale of Condi, that death is delayed by a couple of seconds, but doesn't require any additional attacks to finish off. Once the damage burst rotation is done, most people go into a recovery mode with heals, cleanse or rebuffing......
Condi "used" to break that rhythm, because it was originally designed to be reapplied on a continuous basis. You stop attacking, and the Condi damage would immediately ramp down by at least 50%, and had to restart your combo rotation to get it back up and finish the job. With Condi duration now being the Norm, you now have the ability to dump your skills, and then back off while the DOT finishes the job. The biggest difference between then and now, is that Condi now uses the same skill bursting behavior power builds typically use; but the DOT nature keeps applying damage while the player disengages. In terms of open world math, you're still measuring kills in number of skill rotations.

As for the argument of malice vs bursting..... I've done (very lazy) math on it before, and flat duration is cheaper then Expertise, but condition damage (point for point) is at least twice as powerful as expertise. Bleed threshold is really low (300 to double damage), while burning takes more (almost 700 to double damage). The thing is that most classes can reasonably get up to 40-50% duration in certain conditions through traits or runes. With that 50% baseline, expertise starts to pull ahead in certain conditions (particularly burning); while others, like bleeds, have an easier time scaling off condi damage. This is why most condi builds try to squeeze in as much baseline duration as they easily can, and then switch to the more available condition damage boost it further.

Archived