Kekd on mesmer or nekro

Thaaddy.4075

As the title says, I am torn between necromancer and mesmer, I only have time to play one, even tho I do have 2 level 80 boosts I just dont have time to maintain and play both characters. I can focus on one and upgrade it and do whatever it takes to make him best.My aim is to do raids and dungeons as well as open world events, with some PvP in arena. Not zerg.

Judging by your post you already made up your Mind, go Necro.Only Mesmer will be more desired in Raids than Necro and, in my opinion is more fun in PvP as well.Generally Mesmer can be a bit more useful but that won't matter a single bit if you won't enjoy playing the class.Go Necro, it is more of a challenge anyway, thus might keep you busy and interested longer than Mes.

@Alatar.7364 said:Judging by your post you already made up your Mind, go Necro.Only Mesmer will be more desired in Raids than Necro and, in my opinion is more fun in PvP as well.Generally Mesmer can be a bit more useful but that won't matter a single bit if you won't enjoy playing the class.Go Necro, it is more of a challenge anyway, thus might keep you busy and interested longer than Mes.

I definitely didn't make up my mind yet, it may seem so but in reality only thing that drives me more to necro is the death theme over the mind mage theme.

Don't think you can't play 2 classes if you pvp as you can swap characters before the match starts inside the arenas. As for mesmer once you learn to play it you won't be downed as much, getting used to clone management and shatters takes a little practice. As for raids and dungeons, chronomancer is always wanted for groups. I would suggest to geto both to 80 and just go back and forth playing them until you decide. Playing pvp will be faster way to understand your class.

I have decided upon Mesmer and I will do PvP on Necromancer. As I would not like to meet these jerks or class nazis and get frustrated about it, while in fact I should be having fun with my game time. Mesmer is equally fun to play. Mirage is awesome and @extremexhero.9178 was right. Once I got abit into it and learned what traits do, I am now basically untouchable while dealing alot of condi damage. The amount of evasive skills and its ability to teleport around stuff is astounding!

Thanks for the tips guys!

Both are versatile and varied. Reaper never gets old in PvP or WvW, Mesmer can be intimidating to use but it as intimidating using it on PvP too. If you consider yourself good in hand-eye coordination, like the Thief class, go full zerk, you will be a beast as Mirage. But I think you should play both, you will discover that they are two classes of different unique experiences. Play either one and if you have enough gold/gems buy another character slot for the next. Use the second one as your mule/bank while playing the first.

Personal Experience. I only like Mesmers for portal, it was the least among all classes but it has grown on me, and became my sort of main, see my profile avatar? Heck the first time I

(Eater of Souls) was with a vanilla mesmer! Now I use my Necro mainly for farming stuff, but plan on using it for dungeons soon.

Archived