Shroud could use a stunbreak trait.

Nabbut.7480

@"paShadoWn.5723" said:I am arguing for PvE/PvP split here. We are supposed to defeat NPC, so the "intended counter" logic should be applied only for the PvP.

I'd rather have some stability than another stunbreak in PvE. What's problematic in this gamemode isn't to be stuned (you can live with it) but to be pushed/pulled and stunbreak aren't really effective against that.

The true issue is that ANet is against mechanical splits between gamemode and what you suggest is a mechanical split.

Besides the mechanical split thing, a stunbreak in shroud is even less needed in PvE than in PvP/WvW. That game mode is too simple for any further training wheels.

Stability: design wise, reaper as the necro melee spec has 2 stability sources with a baseline duration of 16 seconds in PvE (quite a lot, and onslaught's cooldown reduction even greatly improves this), while core and scourge are meant to go range when in doubt. I am not saying that they are super effective at range. That's a different topic, because just having the option to go range is already an argument against stability in terms of game design.

@KrHome.1920 said:Stability: design wise, reaper as the necro melee spec has 2 stability sources with a baseline duration of 16 seconds in PvE (quite a lot, and onslaught's cooldown reduction even greatly improves this), while core and scourge are meant to go range when in doubt. I am not saying that they are super effective at range. That's a different topic, because just having the option to go range is already an argument against stability in terms of game design.

Oh, don't get me wrong, the only reason I'd rather get stability than stunbreak in PvE is to ease my way through some jumping puzzles (In metrica for example), and a single stack is kinda not enough for that.

(sPvP POV) We had it in the past with FitG, stunbreak and 3 seconds stability on entering shroud. It was a strong grandmaster trait. Since then necros use two stunbreaks, wurm and spectral walk. Wurm is a nice stunbreak/port utility. Spectral walk is even better, can work as a double stunbreak and you return to your original point even if there is no valid path, pretty op. So, personally I don't think we need an extra stunbreak.