A QOL for healer/supports

Abby.9057

@"Dagger.2035" said:I'm not saying support doesn't contribute. I just don't think this is a major issue in WvW. If you want more bags play dps. It's also a complete joke to suggest support doesn't have more sustain than a dps build.

This is the mentality is why groups are staying bad and rely on numbers. You get more loot in longer fights so supports can have time to use more skills and actually get tags. In the current "meta" that means more support to keep the squad alive in melee range. Everyone wants to play dps so commanders have to play ranged and everyone get less loot. Or everyone wants to be a 50/50 squad one pushing everything for a 10 bags if they are lucky till the other group quits or dodges.

Be more competitive as a game mode = more loot for everyone. Keeping being selfish dps, supports and tags quit = less loot for everyone.

To the topic of Support QoL...

Personal raid markers, independent of the party target and squad markers. Squad markers can be distracting and can make people uncomfortable if you use a squad wide marker to target them. I'd like to be able to mark individuals, keep an eye on a person new to a class. Or someone dying often, to see positioning.

@"Zikory.6871" said:To the topic of Support QoL...

Personal raid markers, independent of the party target and squad markers. Squad markers can be distracting and can make people uncomfortable if you use a squad wide marker to target them. I'd like to be able to mark individuals, keep an eye on a person new to a class. Or someone dying often, to see positioning.

I agree with that this is just a very "small" issue that is making it so people can't play what they want without making a fraction of the gold or rewards

@Dagger.2035 said:

@Wiin Prenite.9652 said:Also the argument that dps has less sustain then a support is null and void as soon as you bring scrapper, reaper/scourge, thief and dgh into the mix i won't go in depth unless people actually need the reasoning

Sure please explain your point of view.

Dgh has invuls a shit load of blocks and a heal skill that gives 2k healing per second if you bomb right, Thief and scrapper both have traits that give healing/barrier based on damage dealt scourge and reaper have absurd base hp and they have shroud/barrier

@Dagger.2035 said:I don't see an issue with the current system. Low risk = low reward.

says the guy with the thief icon, brb laughing 20 hours.

agreed with @Zikory.6871 about this Be more competitive as a game mode = more loot for everyone. Keeping being selfish dps, supports and tags quit = less loot for everyonethat's only a dream tho. Wvw is becoming more and more kitten with each month i feel.

This is a good suggestion. I hope there's a way for pure support classes to be able to tag enemies that are being attacked by allies that you are healing or providing boons so we can also get the same amount of loot. I still love my golden firebrand but it sometimes feels like a thankless job bringing him to the squad. We seldom get credit and people blame us all the time when they die or when they didn't have stab as if we do not have any cooldown.

@Abjurer.9302 said:I think this is a bad suggestion. If a healer gets rewards for what others are tagging then it encourages abuse by players. I could see healing builds running outside of the group just spamming random heals on as many players as possible to get excessive loot.

Define excessive? Why wouldn't someone just go to a pve map if they wanted loot instead of following a group around to spam heals and get a tenth of the payout

Define excessive? Why wouldn't someone just go to a pve map if they wanted loot instead of following a group around to spam heals and get a tenth of the payout

They would get more loot than a player in full berserker gear while running all defensive stats. If they get kill credit then it would be the new Ultimate Dominator farm.

@Abjurer.9302 said:

They would get more loot than a player in full berserker gear while running all defensive stats. If they get kill credit then it would be the new Ultimate Dominator farm.

I'm not saying a support should get more or even the same amount i'm saying we should get similar, wvw already makes jack shit for money regardless not like it matters, Pve players make upwards of 25 gold an hour WvW players make that in a day for far more work. also to add to that would people getting ultimate dominator from healing be a bad thing? I've played for the same amount if not more then dmg mains i know and have like 1/5th of what they have i can just as easily get on a dgh and destroy people i just prefer healing because it's more enjoyable for me

@Abjurer.9302 said:I think this is a bad suggestion. If a healer gets rewards for what others are tagging then it encourages abuse by players. I could see healing builds running outside of the group just spamming random heals on as many players as possible to get excessive loot.

Easy as hell fix, Only people you heal inside of your party. OR make it so you have to hit a threshold of somewhere in the 30-50k range

When I look at meta battle and see more minstrel builds than dps builds and people are talking about how risky it is to play support ?Tell that to the freaking staff ele how comparable the gameplay experience is, if you can find one...

Yes loot sharing should have been handled better once Anet accepted that support roles would be more prominent when introducing new stuff like druid. It had been fine until I presume Anet removed sources of retaliation and everyone is playing minstrels?

@"Justine.6351" said:When I look at meta battle and see more minstrel builds than dps builds and people are talking about how risky it is to play support ?Tell that to the freaking staff ele how comparable the gameplay experience is, if you can find one...

Yes loot sharing should have been handled better once Anet accepted that support roles would be more prominent when introducing new stuff like druid. It had been fine until I presume Anet removed sources of retaliation and everyone is playing minstrels?

No one here has said playing support is risky, We're just saying it makes you no money and saying the people who say "BUT SUPPORT IS EASIER BLEH BLAH BLEH" are wrong and sharing why. Might i add i played 700 hours of full zerker scholar rune weaver and BARELY ever died with it because i just know how to position myself, Stats don't mean that much most of surviving is game sense

@Wiin Prenite.9652 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:When I look at meta battle and see more minstrel builds than dps builds and people are talking about how risky it is to play support ?Tell that to the freaking staff ele how comparable the gameplay experience is, if you can find one...

No one here has said playing support is risky, We're just saying it makes you no money and saying the people who say "BUT SUPPORT IS EASIER BLEH BLAH BLEH" are wrong and sharing why

They literally did say that its the same risk and if you have ever played full zerk in zerging you know the floor is lava and you are a stick of butter.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:When I look at meta battle and see more minstrel builds than dps builds and people are talking about how risky it is to play support ?Tell that to the freaking staff ele how comparable the gameplay experience is, if you can find one...

No one here has said playing support is risky, We're just saying it makes you no money and saying the people who say "BUT SUPPORT IS EASIER BLEH BLAH BLEH" are wrong and sharing why

They literally did say that its the same risk and if you have ever played full zerk in zerging you know the floor is lava and you are a stick of butter.

You obviously are talking about another thread or not reading comments all the way through, Pretty sure everyone heres agree that full minstrels is tankier than full zerkers but there are so many exceptions, Also might i add a lot of the time when i play healing i'm not even running minstrels i'm running harriers to get better stat spread. i really don't see why so many damage mains have problems with the people that they rely on to be alive getting a similar amount of the rewards

@Wiin Prenite.9652 said:

@Justine.6351 said:When I look at meta battle and see more minstrel builds than dps builds and people are talking about how risky it is to play support ?Tell that to the freaking staff ele how comparable the gameplay experience is, if you can find one...

You obviously are talking about another thread or not reading comments all the way through, Pretty sure everyone heres agree that full minstrels is tankier than full zerkers but there are so many exceptions, Also might i add a lot of the time when i play healing i'm not even running minstrels i'm running harriers to get better stat spread. i really don't see why so many damage mains have problems with the people that they rely on to be alive getting a similar amount of the rewards

Its your thread that you apparently didn't choose to read?

You should be getting loot if you are tagging people with any sort of damage, even retaliation, as long as your dps players you are supporting are dealing enough damage per target. If you don't have anymore dps players maybe people should stop complaining to Anet to nerf them out of existence. Funny how that all circles back to support not getting loot. Now instead you just want to heal everything to death apparently. Dwayna bless our healers but when warrior meta is to go full minstrel support there is something misaligned. Loot distribution is a symptom that you want to band aid. Maybe we should be asking why the healers are not getting loot currently when a couple years ago it was fair.

@Justine.6351 said:

You should be getting loot if you are tagging people with any sort of damage, even retaliation, as long as your dps players you are supporting are dealing enough damage per target. If you don't have anymore dps players maybe people should stop complaining to Anet to nerf them out of existence. Funny how that all circles back to support not getting loot. Now instead you just want to heal everything to death apparently. Dwayna bless our healers but when warrior meta is to go full minstrel support there is something misaligned. Loot distribution is a symptom that you want to band aid. Maybe we should be asking why the healers are not getting loot currently when a couple years ago it was fair.

Retal gives you jack shit, Please use the helpful little quote function if you're going to make claims so we actually know what the hell you are talking about

@Wiin Prenite.9652 said:

Retal gives you jack kitten

Looks like they nerfed retaliation damage this summer. Between that and their ever ongoing battle of nerfing power damage/more people playing support, I would say that's why your loot bags dried up.

Gl and hf ?-former hammer rev

@Justine.6351 said:

Looks like they nerfed retaliation damage this summer. Between that and their ever ongoing battle of nerfing power damage/more people playing support, I would say that's why your loot bags dried up.

Supports barely ever got bags in the first place.... damage is still just as viable just in ways you haven't thought of, i bet you hit tops 10-20kdps spikes and complain when your zerg wipes due to support issues

@Wiin Prenite.9652 said:

Supports barely ever got bags in the first place....

Ask Anet for the old staff 1 back.