Where is our dps spec?

Esquilax.3491

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Cwnannwn.7681 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Cwnannwn.7681 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Cwnannwn.7681 said:Mirage and Core are already DPS. Core Power Mesmer has an incredibly comfy, low effort rotation and hits the 30ks just fine. Assassin gear, sigils of air and force (the qtfy build going zerk/acc is a misunderstanding of how mesmer works imo), and you're pretty set.

You're pretty set for a low damage build that is useless in the whole game outside of 3 fights.

I didn't realize "the whole game" was just speed clearing raids. And here I thought there was events, wvw, pvp, metas, fractals (and before you say "but qt" core ssfp power mes is still a thing that works fine)...

That is my whole kitten point. Mesmer is kitten in all those modes particularly if using a Phantasms build, except PvP where it also doesn't use a Phantasm build. Qtfy only talks about Raids so I don't know why you are even bringing them up in the first place.

Mesmer is actually good in most of these modes, yeah phantasm builds suck against targets in rapid succession but on anything boss-like they're fine. Also qt has fractal builds thus the comment on that.

No its not, if you played Mesmer you would know this. Go back to the thief boards troll.

Don't use your own incorrect opinion to discredit someone/call them a troll. The following statements are true:

-Mirage performs excellently PvP. It's a great dueling spec that upgrades a lot of things the core Mesmer was strong in. Just like Daredevil was essentially a Thief+ spec.

-Mirage has a great condi DPS build in PvE that does not rely on phantasms. Not only is it competitive enough to be used a serious comp now (source: me and literally everyone playing Mirage in raids), you can still take either Moa for CC, focus for VG seekers or other adds, or feedback. You have great DPS and still have some raid support.

-Mirage is an excellent roaming in WvW class because, again, it improves a lot of things that core Mesmer already did well when it comes to roaming.

You are choosing to disregard realistic numbers in favor of unrealistic standards set by a speedclearing community that most people don't even care about. Because of this you seem to be under the wrong impression that Mirage is "bad". Other than your own personal hook-ups with the class, what exactly is "bad" about the Mirage that makes it impossible to do it's job? Taking into account that your "long ramp-up time" argument is pretty moot at this point now that you don't have to use a Pistol build and can just as easily set up burst condis with the ambush tweaks.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Noah.9654 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Cwnannwn.7681 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Cwnannwn.7681 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Cwnannwn.7681 said:Mirage and Core are already DPS. Core Power Mesmer has an incredibly comfy, low effort rotation and hits the 30ks just fine. Assassin gear, sigils of air and force (the qtfy build going zerk/acc is a misunderstanding of how mesmer works imo), and you're pretty set.

You're pretty set for a low damage build that is useless in the whole game outside of 3 fights.

I didn't realize "the whole game" was just speed clearing raids. And here I thought there was events, wvw, pvp, metas, fractals (and before you say "but qt" core ssfp power mes is still a thing that works fine)...

That is my whole kitten point. Mesmer is kitten in all those modes particularly if using a Phantasms build, except PvP where it also doesn't use a Phantasm build. Qtfy only talks about Raids so I don't know why you are even bringing them up in the first place.

Mesmer is actually good in most of these modes, yeah phantasm builds suck against targets in rapid succession but on anything boss-like they're fine. Also qt has fractal builds thus the comment on that.

No its not, if you played Mesmer you would know this. Go back to the thief boards troll.

Don't use your own incorrect opinion to discredit someone/call them a troll. The following statements are true:

-Mirage performs excellently PvP. It's a great dueling spec that upgrades a lot of things the core Mesmer was strong in. Just like Daredevil was essentially a Thief+ spec.

-Mirage has a great condi DPS build in PvE that does not rely on phantasms. Not only is it competitive enough to be used a serious comp now (source: me and literally everyone playing Mirage in raids), you can still take either Moa for CC, focus for VG seekers or other adds, or feedback. You have great DPS and still have some raid support.

-Mirage is an excellent roaming in WvW class because, again, it improves a lot of things that core Mesmer already did well when it comes to roaming.

You are choosing to disregard realistic numbers in favor of unrealistic standards set by a speedclearing community that most people don't even care about. Because of this you seem to be under the wrong impression that Mirage is "bad". Other than your own personal hook-ups with the class, what exactly is "bad" about the Mirage that makes it impossible to do it's job? Taking into account that your "long ramp-up time" argument is pretty moot at this point now that you don't have to use a Pistol build and can just as easily set up burst condis with the ambush tweaks.

Once again you didn't read my post. I don't know what you are hoping to achieve but the fact you are replying seems to mean you want a conversation but a conversation is impossible if you are not reading my posts.

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Noah.9654 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Cwnannwn.7681 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Cwnannwn.7681 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

Once again you didn't read my post. I don't know what you are hoping to achieve but the fact you are replying seems to mean you want a conversation but a conversation is impossible if you are not reading my posts.

I did read your post. In fact, I've read most of your posts on this sub forum. All you seem to do is complain about how Mirage isn't reworked exactly as you want it to be. Specifically to this thread, your argument is that Mirage isn't pulling enough DPS to be viable in raids sans 3 bosses. This is false, and I'm not the only one to tell you this. You are clinging onto the rhetoric of a very small group of people who speedclear raids. This is the only setting where Mirage DPS wasn't useful and even that might have changes with this balance patch. In absolutely no game mode is Mirage nonviable or even non-optimal as a DPS role except in competitive speedclears. Are you really about to say that you're a part of this speedclear meta or can we be done with the nonconstructive complaining?

Any spec could be used in open world.Core mes is just a PvE power dps spec. (raids/fractals)Condi Mirage is a dps spec and is used in all game modes. Power mirage is only pvp/wvw.Chrono has a dps spec, tank spec, and support spec for pve. It is also still a strong pvp and wvw spec, and works well with condi or power.

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Noah.9654 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Cwnannwn.7681 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Cwnannwn.7681 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

Wat? It seems like this excuse of not having read your post is simply your reply for people who dare to diagree with you. Stop being such a self-centered drama queen/king

@Noah.9654 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Noah.9654 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Cwnannwn.7681 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Cwnannwn.7681 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

I did read your post.

You first point was telling me that Mirage is good in PvP as if I didn't know when I already said it was. Then you keep talking about speed clears in raids when I clearly am not. The only logical conclusion is that you have not read my posts. Maybe you have and then decided to ignore what I said, either way the end result is the same.

Archived