necro or engineer leveling

weaponwh.9810

Necromancer is easier to level, but lets get something straight about necromancer. I'd recommend against leveling necromancer because its core class is rather dull to play and offers very little in what it can teach you in the game. For learning how a class works, Necromancer is a safe one to boost. I'd be more inclined to suggest leveling the engineer naturally even though it would be more difficult because its more fun. As for which one is faster? Well, Engineer is better at tagging mobs but Necromancer is faster.

So going through your criteria.Easier? Necromancermore fun? Subjective, but Engineer is more fun to level imoFaster? About the same.

Which puts them at about even. Necromancer and Engineer are my two favorite classes. So I'll do what I can. I'll put some advantages and disadvantages for both. note, this is only their advantages and disadvantages while leveling.

Necromancer Advantages:

• Hard to kill. Necromancers are very tanky. its less likely you're going to get downed or defeated.
  • Passive pet farming. You can AFK with pets and be relatively protected.
  • Powerful shroud traits.
  • Lots of self buffs.

Necromancer Disadvantages:

• Lacks a solid melee weapon.
  • Low AOE pressure without wells and marks.
  • Low Damage.
  • Can be slow to tag groups in zergs.
  • Overly reliant on shroud.
  • Death shroud has slow use skills that are fairly weak, Life blast being your best attack.

Engineer Advantages:

• Multiple kits with varying utility allowing for plenty of different means to play.
  • Lots of AoE skills to strike foes.
  • Passive Turret farming. You can AFK and have your turrets protect you to some extent and even farm a bit.
  • Lots of self buffs.
  • High diversity of utility.

Engineer Disadvantages:

• Can be a bit on the squishy side.
  • Can be difficult to use without action cam or a gaming mouse.
  • Weapons aren't the best while leveling.
  • Lots of information to take in at once.

What is "fun to level up" for you? On eng you can pick a kit and level with that, on necro you equip minions and move on (obviously you can level however you want while equipping whatever you want, but I'd say that's just a minimal effort option). To level up you won't exactly farm trains of mobs anyways, but complete maps/events. You can do that with both, but necro will probably be easier, so I'd boost eng.

• Confused 1