Undyable gliders purchased

medivh.4725

The Magic Carpet and Shattered Bloodstone Gliders cannot be dyed.

This what your customer support team says"With that being said, it is a fantastic idea to make these items dyeable. "

Heck even they agree with me these should have been dyable.A small fix that greatly enhance these gliders value.

@"medivh.4725" said:The Magic Carpet and Shattered Bloodstone Gliders cannot be dyed.

This what your customer support team says"With that being said, it is a fantastic idea to make these items dyeable. "

Heck even they agree with me these should have been dyable.A small fix that greatly enhance these gliders value.

Maybe, but its not something that can be done over night. Probably has to go through some kinda approval process first, make sure its worth allocating time and resources to an old item, and then the time it takes to do the actual change.

@"medivh.4725" said:The Magic Carpet and Shattered Bloodstone Gliders cannot be dyed.

It's not just those two. Any backpack or glider that has been released before they introduced dyeable backpacks and gliders has the same problem. Apparently, the change could not be retroactively implemented on previously released items.

Remember, CS is NCSoft people, not anet. Most of them know very little to nothing about the game or statements made by anet devs that aren't announcements. Pretty sure it has been said they wont go back to update stuff for these kinda things, but will just try to make future ones have the options. (note, not saying it's impossible to happen just improbable) ofc things can change as such statements were made quite a while ago, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

@Jwake.7013 said:Remember, CS is NCSoft people, not anet. Most of them know very little to nothing about the game or statements made by anet devs that aren't announcements. Pretty sure it has been said they wont go back to update stuff for these kinda things, but will just try to make future ones have the options. (note, not saying it's impossible to happen just improbable) ofc things can change as such statements were made quite a while ago, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Unless it has recently changed, it is not NCSoft that offers support, but ArenaNet.That does not mean that the CS Team is always up-to-date on all changes, but they are ArenaNet employees.

@Sir Alric.5078 said:

This what your customer support team says
"With that being said, it is a fantastic idea to make these items dyeable. "

It's not just those two. Any backpack or glider that has been released before they introduced dyeable backpacks and gliders has the same problem. Apparently, the change could not be retroactively implemented on previously released items.

If memory serves gliders had dye channels from the start. Some gliders not having channels wasn’t a technical thing like backpacks, but a design decision not to have the channels assigned. It was glider effects that lacked dye channels until later

@Randulf.7614 said:

If memory serves gliders had dye channels from the start. Some gliders not having channels wasn’t a technical thing like backpacks, but a design decision not to have the channels assigned. It was glider effects that lacked dye channels until later

Indeed. I don't think there are more than a small handful of gliders that can't be dyed. Can only think of two off the top of my head.

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Indeed. I don't think there are more than a small handful of gliders that can't be dyed. Can only think of two off the top of my head.

I went through the skins on wiki. There are more than I thought it seems

@Randulf.7614 said:

I went through the skins on wiki. There are more than I thought it seems

yep there are more! I would really like to dye the branded glider.

I think Anet said at some point that the reason they don't add dye channels to undyeable objects is because it would permanently alter the base color and it might be impossible to make it look excactly like it used to when players bought them , which could ruin said item for players who already liked them.

I want to mention during the gemstore purchase it was not mention if which can or cannot be dyed. So I was left angry to realise my glider cannot be dyed. Whiles some others can. At end of day, gamers just want a glider set that match the outfit. I would gladly take a refund for something else with that flexibility. My outfit keeps changing during the course of game so I do not want to be struck with something that is in 1 color. Besides it enhance the item's value as well as the satisfaction of a purchase. I do hope you get approval required for it as it serves the GW2 community in the long run.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Unless it has recently changed, it is not NCSoft that offers support, but ArenaNet.That does not mean that the CS Team is always up-to-date on all changes, but they are ArenaNet employees.

It always seemed depending on the category of the ticket it'd be sent to one or the other. However in recent years the majority always seem to be handled by NCSoft people if it was anything outside of sololy being game related bugs. This could though be totally my misperception and I couldn't find any clarifying statement.

@Tzarakiel.7490 said:I think Anet said at some point that the reason they don't add dye channels to undyeable objects is because it would permanently alter the base color and it might be impossible to make it look excactly like it used to when players bought them , which could ruin said item for players who already liked them.

if the color exists in the game then it can be set on dye removed mode, if it doesn't exist then it shouldn't even have the color in the first place.