[EU] Looking for a hardcore WvW guild (any server)

Zape.2094

Hello!

I recently came back to GW2 and I'm dedicating myself to WvW pretty much full time (a few hours each day). I currently reside on Far Shiverpeaks, but since the community on this server seems to be toxic to oblivion, I've decided to leave it behind. I take WvW quite seriously - I always try to perform my best, both in terms of fighting and in terms of PPT, and my aim is always to win a matchup (a bit cringe, I know, but thats just how it is). If your interest isn't the same as mine, we can perhaps still make it work, so dont be shy to hit me up with what your expectations are! :)

Since the LFG section of the forums is generally swarmed with PvE guilds rather than what I am looking for, I decided to post here instead. :)

Briefly about me:

24 years old, self-employed, playing a few hours daily, depending on mood and occupation all throughout the day (from mornings to nights). I mostly play Spellbreaker, although I do really enjoy the Revenant and Firebrand aswell. Im a very vocal person in general, and use Discord regularly while gaming (especially WvW). I prefer to follow organised groups, so commanders who are on Discord; it doesnt matter if the tag is public or private, as long as it's not a toxic environment. When there's no tags or I feel like spreading out rather than grouping up Im usually on my thief scouting (normally HBL or EB). I'm generally dedicated and focused while playing, and I'll always follow the commander's calls pretty much to the core.

What Im looking for:

A server (and preferably a guild) with the same general mindset as mine: Try to improve, work together, and generally try to win a matchup. I enjoy fights as much as the next man, but gathering a 50 man group to fight in EoTM while the enemy is flipping our HBL garri is not in my interest. I want to defend and take objectives as much as I want to fight the enemy. I need a balance of both to make it work. :) Since I do mostly enjoy fighting in bigger, organised groups I'm preferably looking for a big, dedicated WvW guild with regular raids.

What you get for recruiting me:

An active, very positive attitude player with passion for the game and the will to improve. As mentioned before, I am very vocal. I love contributing. I'll happily fulfill any role in the squad that is needed (according to my capabilities ofcourse), and I'll proudly represent both the server, and the guild. I do have a commander tag, although I am still somewhat unexperienced in terms of commanding, so I'll probably not be doing that much, but if needed I can step in aswell - both as a closed guild tag, or an open tag when neccessary. I will ofcourse pay for my own server transfer, and I will ofcourse adapt to the guild's schedule and requirements.

If your guild is recruiting, or you'd just like a +1 on your server (I can find a guild later aswell, it's not THAT big of a deal, I just want to be a part of a likeminded community), please do leave a comment down below with some basic information and we'll see if we match! ^.~

Regards,Z

the most hardcore for fighting is WSR, but it's a expensive nomad server that swaps server regularly.

usually hardcore fighting is in opposition to hardcore ppt. wsr hops always to a ppt server for that case (expensive bc constant transfers).

most guilds, if not all, are not big enough, the format is filled with random guilds.

i personally see tiers as worthless and matchup winning as tiresome. yet without big guilds that's all u can do kinda. if u seek a semi-casual semi fighting guild, u can technically even go to Desolation (we're in your matchup, but fight mostly undernumbers, the server is kinda artificially full). there's a guild named TAG who might suit for what u think.

btw u can check gw2mists .com for more info about guilds on servers, statwise. (and to update / fix your proabably old builds)

your classes are fine, spellbreaker, healbrand and herald still all top tier.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:the most hardcore for fighting is WSR, but it's a expensive nomad server that swaps server regularly.

usually hardcore fighting is in opposition to hardcore ppt. wsr hops always to a ppt server for that case (expensive bc constant transfers).

most guilds, if not all, are not big enough, the format is filled with random guilds.

i personally see tiers as worthless and matchup winning as tiresome. yet without big guilds that's all u can do kinda. if u seek a semi-casual semi fighting guild, u can technically even go to Desolation (we're in your matchup, but fight mostly undernumbers, the server is kinda artificially full). there's a guild named TAG who might suit for what u think.

btw u can check gw2mists .com for more info about guilds on servers, statwise. (and to update / fix your proabably old builds)

your classes are fine, spellbreaker, healbrand and herald still all top tier.

Thanks alot for your input! Ive noticed we fought against TAG yesterday on FSP, and it was a fun matchup indeed. :) Are you in TAG? How are you liking the general atmosphere in Deso?

Thanks!

the general atmosphere on Desolation is probably one of the more chilled ones, from what i hear from a ton of other servers. i started here and never moved, many did and aren't happy on their new servers either (which was kinda predictable). some gone to FSP and also complained about it beeing a bit weird. some gone to Piken and mentioned it as boring. also, the original WSR core is from old Desolation. same with some other strong guilds, it was overstacked a bit in the old days.

as said, i'm not in TAG for personal reasons (still not over my old guild), but their closed runs seem to be working well considering the killcounts. quite some of the last veterans of the server are in it, the guild was kinda founded to improve the server quality after all guilds left. thing with desolation is, it's kinda permafull, idk if u could even join if u wanted. (yet we're always the smallest numbers and our low population french link has nearly more ppl than us :9 )

what i don't really recommend you is to swap to the dazgnur link, since it will basically be dead once WSR transfers again. (this happens every new relink at least)

hard to tell much outside of that. overall guild quality isn't great anymore across all servers, i lack a bit of insight in guild powerranks since only pugging my 1k kills each matchup.

the french servers have some quite good guilds, but forget that if u're not by chance speaking the language.