Cannot redeem a gem card.

@Dutambalu.5639 said:bought a gem card from my local gamestop and its only got 10 digits as opposed to the normal 20 all my other cards came with. When i type in the 10 digits it wont let me click redeem. Gamestop has a crazy strict no return policy on these cards once they have been scratched off.

I would still go to game stop. If the card has 10 digits and not 20, it is not a legit card somethign is wrong. Hold your ground and talk to a manager. DO NOT talk to a game advisor or team leader. they are glorified cashiers.

@Dutambalu.5639 said:bought a gem card from my local gamestop and its only got 10 digits as opposed to the normal 20 all my other cards came with. When i type in the 10 digits it wont let me click redeem. Gamestop has a crazy strict no return policy on these cards once they have been scratched off.

Type it out exactly how it is on the card, including spaces. I've had this with gems cards of lower denominations.

Basically you should type it like xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx. Then the button will highlight to add the gems to your account.

I found this out when I bought a $10 gem card once. I was furious and about ready to contact customer support, then suddenly I tried the code with spaces and it worked fine.

$25 gem card: xxxxxxxxxxxxx (no spaces)$10 gem card: xxxx xxxx xxxx (spaces included)

@Charrbeque.8729 said:

Type it out exactly how it is on the card, including spaces. I've had this with gems cards of lower denominations.

Basically you should type it like xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx. Then the button will highlight to add the gems to your account.

I found this out when I bought a $10 gem card once. I was furious and about ready to contact customer support, then suddenly I tried the code with spaces and it worked fine.

$25 gem card: xxxxxxxxxxxxx (no spaces)$10 gem card: xxxx xxxx xxxx (spaces included)

This solution worked for me, Thanks so much!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Linken.6345 said:

@Heru Thema.8290 said:I just bought 4 $25 cards from best buy and none of the card codes work. I have entered them exactly as they are on the card with spaces between each 5 digit group and still get the error.

Two post above yours the poster say 10$card use spaces 25$card dont do you even read before posting mate?

That was not the problem. It turned out that Best Buy did not scan the cards before sending them. Also $25 cards do use spaces.

Archived