Tower Shard

So I've been working on the Cin's Business achievement and I have no idea how they expect anyone to get this freaking shard, I work nights so I don't usually get to play qhen there are a lot of players but this place seems designed to be impossible to get through without a group. I want to like this game but I swear every time I try to do any achievements to work towards anything for my character I hit something like this that just makes you go "WTF were they thinking?" "Why would you do this?" Whether it's a crazy jumping puzzle or an area that is clearly made to be impossible to get through by yourself or even in a small group. I'm so frustrated, if anyone knows a shortcut I would appreciate it, this just took the wind out of my sails because I did Token Collector and Conspiracy of Dunces already, like I don't mind the grind, I've done what I can on my own but now there's this place I can't even get close to the item, if I use a tank build they don't die fast enough to avoid respawned enemies from making it an endless wave but there are so many and they hit so hard I can't go with a damage build because they can kill you so fast, can't even approach from the sky to a just kill around the tower because they made it on a hill covered with a million archers that can 2-shot your Skyscale. I'm just sitting here now hoping a group of plauers somehow appear here at 2:30am while I still have time to play.

Once upon a time, this was a heavily-populated map because you could farm leather pretty steadily in it, but after some nerfs the people quit coming - at least as often. That shard is meant to be gotten when you're with a group. It isn't impossible to snatch without one, but you might want to look into some stealth to make solo attempts a little easier.

Putting up an LFG to try and get some people to help you could work, but asking in map chat's not a bad idea either if people are there for other reasons.

The wiki's guide is terrible, so I suggest Dulfy instead. These are her images for the location of the shard as well as a description of where to find it so you don't waste time chasing it in weird places.

4. Tower ShardThis one is super annoying to get. It is in the centaur camp with all the sharpshooters that can kill you in 4-5 hits. It is best to do this in a group. The object you are looking for is a Tower Stone stone up top of a small tower on the path to Fallen Watchtower POI.https://s3.amazonaws.com/dulfy.net/uploads/2017/02/gw2-cin-business-achievement-guide-9.jpghttps://s3.amazonaws.com/dulfy.net/uploads/2017/02/gw2-cin-business-achievement-guide-8.jpg

The Watchtower Cliffs are a group-zone, designed for larger farming-teams. You are looking for the keywords "Leather Farm" when you browse the LFG of Lake Doric. Those squads camp this area, run it up and down so you can easily grab the shard on your way.

Alternatively, you can use stealth & mounts. But you need at least one person with a permanent group-stealth build.

I agree with the advice to look for leather farming groups in LFG, or to put up your own request for help if you don't see a suitable group, as well as asking in map chat. I also recommend asking your guild/s, if anyone is online at the time as people are often willing to go out of their way to help guildmates.

Also if you can tell us if you're on an NA or EU server and which time zone you're in there might well be people here who are online at the same time who could come and help. There are GW2 players all around the world and some have accounts in both regions, so there might well be people who can be online at the same time because even though it's 2:30am for you it's day time for them. (Or other people who work nights or for whatever reason are online at that time.)

I recommend using a skyscale if you have one with the stealth skill and the launch mechanic, then some type of invuln or stealth skill on the character you are on. Not so long ago I had to be there for map completion to get the POI. Approach from Watcher's Hollow. Stick to the northern part of the map as you make your way to the tower area. You can kite/kill the few centaurs there if you make good use of positioning (line of sight). What I did was make sure my skyscale bars (green and yellow) are both full, aim for the spot I want to be, double dash, then launch off right away. When u land and there's aggro, stealth and get what you need. You may not make it out alive, though it is certainly possible.

I did the achievement some years ago, so I don't recall if you need both shards (there's 2 locations on wiki) or just one, if you need 2 you probably have to do this tactic twice if u don't make it out alive. If only one, then the one at the tower itself is easier to get if you approach it like described above.

Good Luck!