Jump to content
  • Sign Up

[Video : WvW Roaming] What kind of build do you think is OP?


Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on the forum.

Recently, I've seen some discussion on the forums that rangers are OP and should be weakened.However, I don't think there are any specific OP build details mentioned during the discussion.So I'm going to try to post a build that I think is OP and a video of myself.What kind of build do you guys think is OP?

I'm sorry for my poor English.Thank you.

Build : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAMFlZw8YdsQ2JeSXrv8RkG-zVRYiRFAH+SJsIo0Eo1Co3QQtDQA7h3C9LbA-wVideo :

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"iwatokage.5730" said:Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on the forum.

Recently, I've seen some discussion on the forums that rangers are OP and should be weakened.However, I don't think there are any specific OP build details mentioned during the discussion.So I'm going to try to post a build that I think is OP and a video of myself.What kind of build do you guys think is OP?

Oh my Lord another video of a rangur fighting baddies in the borderlands. You do 1K damage on crits as basic attacks and 5K mauls on crits. You win because they are busy fighting a lord and you are ignored. I want my 25 seconds back (i skipped most of the video as i found it boring)

There is no OP build for soulbeast, we already had that discussion in the forums. Axe mainhand is a little bit overturned, BeastMastery is too good compared to other traitlines and other bits and pieces in sPvP but nothing is obnoxious (with the exception of Ancient Seeds).Your build definitely is not "op".

Link to post
Share on other sites

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"iwatokage.5730" said:Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on the forum.

Recently, I've seen some discussion on the forums that rangers are OP and should be weakened.However, I don't think there are any specific OP build details mentioned during the discussion.So I'm going to try to post a build that I think is OP and a video of myself.What kind of build do you guys think is OP?

Oh my Lord another video of a rangur fighting baddies in the borderlands. You do 1K damage on crits as basic attacks and 5K mauls on crits. You win because they are busy fighting a lord and you are ignored. I want my 25 seconds back (i skipped most of the video as i found it boring)

There is no OP build for soulbeast, we already had that discussion in the forums. Axe mainhand is a little bit overturned, BeastMastery is too good compared to other traitlines and other bits and pieces in sPvP but nothing is obnoxious (with the exception of Ancient Seeds).Your build definitely is not "op".

axe is not overtuned. it has very little capability of defense and deals less dmg than longbow and gs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@bigo.9037 said:axe is not overtuned. it has very little capability of defense and deals less dmg than longbow and gs.

Axe reachs 4k autos in a tanky build and Winter’s bite deals as much damage as the maul ins a AoE at 900 range with chilled and weakness. Split blade can delete glass builds if you hit with the 5 blades.

It is a overtunned, it needs the might removed from the autos and the Winter’s bite an slower projectile and more visible.

That single weapon alone carries tanky ranger builds.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@anduriell.6280 said:

@bigo.9037 said:axe is not overtuned. it has very little capability of defense and deals less dmg than longbow and gs.

Axe reachs 4k autos in a tanky build and Winter’s bite deals as much damage as the maul ins a AoE at 900 range with chilled and weakness. Split blade can delete glass builds if you hit with the 5 blades.

It is a overtunned, it needs the might removed from the autos and the Winter’s bite an slower projectile and more visible.

That single weapon alone carries tanky ranger builds.

4k AA with tanky build? Anything less than full glass zerker stats as base won't even get close to 800 dmg on a light armor golem...let alone 4k, where do you get these numbers? WvW? Surely not in PvP..if not there would be hundreds of axe/axe rangers right now and in WvW anyway....I am pretty sure those numbers come from some meme build that play hide and seek close to a tower

I won't go and claim that ranger is not a competitive class right now, while not being a MAT pick or zerg worthy, the class is still luckily plenty capable for small fights...but there are other specs in the same spectrum as ranger right now with equally abusive builds that deserver as much in terms of nerfs.

When it comes to WvW balance..there is not a single class I would spare from the nerf hammer with condi signet core necro as first on my list of things to hard nerf followed by Condi herald...and yeah we'd reach boonbeast eventually but I would pretty much bring the end times in WvW if left to me.....

Do not believe even for a single moment that whatever you're playing doesn't need nerfs

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Arheundel.6451 said:4k AA with tanky build? Anything less than full glass zerker stats as base won't even get close to 800 dmg on a light armor golem...let alone 4k, where do you get these numbers? WvW? Surely not in PvP..if not there would be hundreds of axe/axe rangers right now and in WvW anyway....I am pretty sure those numbers come from some meme build that play hide and seek close to a towerAlthough PvP is better balanced Axe mainhand in a soulbeast does much more than that i a tanky build. You do 800 on no-crits with no might but you build up that quickly because of the bouncing axes. Removing Might from autos and to give it any bleeds ( as others suggested ) would fix that weapon easy and fast while keeping the hybrid nature. The Axe#3 slower projectile and some visual cue would be also very welcome, after all is a hard hitting ranged skill and instead nerfing the damage i would preffer to balance on the visuals.

@Arheundel.6451 said:I won't go and claim that ranger is not a competitive class right now, while not being a MAT pick or zerg worthy, the class is still luckily plenty capable for small fights...but there are other specs in the same spectrum as ranger right now with equally abusive builds that deserver as much in terms of nerfs.Agreed, but i don't think we have the same specifics in mind. Axe needs some light touches. Soulbeast needs some light touches on the multipliers as well, the trait Furious Strength is a direct upgrade over core, you don't need to be in beast mode to enjoy that extra 7%. BeastMastery is a "too good to avoid" traitline because of the crazy amount of extra stats which benefit DPS and Sustain, while forcing core to equip it is you want a half-functional pets. BeastMastery does bring enough by itself with the extra 10% damage and the CD reductions, the stats and speed should be baseline to all pets.

Ï'm not saying Ranger has an obnoxious build, but if other classes are nerfed and those points aren't addressed it will be noticeable.

@Arheundel.6451 said:When it comes to WvW balance..there is not a single class I would spare from the nerf hammer with condi signet core necro as first on my list of things to hard nerf followed by Condi herald...and yeah we'd reach boonbeast eventually but I would pretty much bring the end times in WvW if left to me.....Do not believe even for a single moment that whatever you're playing doesn't need nerfsI wholeheartedly agree with you. I'm an advocate of hammer nerf in general for WvW.Something as simple is to apply and keep the sPvP balance for WvW would be very positive for that gamemode. Simpler for the balance team to keep just one balance, and we all get to enjoy a healthier balance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@anduriell.6280 said:

@bigo.9037 said:axe is not overtuned. it has very little capability of defense and deals less dmg than longbow and gs.

Axe reachs 4k autos in a tanky build and Winter’s bite deals as much damage as the maul ins a AoE at 900 range with chilled and weakness. Split blade can delete glass builds if you hit with the 5 blades.

It is a overtunned, it needs the might removed from the autos and the Winter’s bite an slower projectile and more visible.

That single weapon alone carries tanky ranger builds.

lol 4 k auto ? tanky build ? comon man that fake news

Link to post
Share on other sites

@BadSanta.6527 said:

@bigo.9037 said:axe is not overtuned. it has very little capability of defense and deals less dmg than longbow and gs.

Axe reachs 4k autos in a tanky build and Winter’s bite deals as much damage as the maul ins a AoE at 900 range with chilled and weakness. Split blade can delete glass builds if you hit with the 5 blades.

It is a overtunned, it needs the might removed from the autos and the Winter’s bite an slower projectile and more visible.

That single weapon alone carries tanky ranger builds.

lol 4 k auto ? tanky build ? comon man that fake news

Its 4k auto with 25 vuln stacks on target and 25 might and sic em active whilst merged with a dps pet...

maybe on a good day. when the stars align.

I dont know what their definition of tanky is - apparently it just means taking the WS traitline, but still in zerk gear with scholar runes. LUL.

good grief the level of disingenuous deception at play on this forum is almost criminal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@iwatokage.5730 said:Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on the forum.

Recently, I've seen some discussion on the forums that rangers are OP and should be weakened.However, I don't think there are any specific OP build details mentioned during the discussion.So I'm going to try to post a build that I think is OP and a video of myself.What kind of build do you guys think is OP?That's a whole lot of cherry picked stomping of noobs who are engaged with other targets there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sandzibar.5134 said:

@"bigo.9037" said:axe is not overtuned. it has very little capability of defense and deals less dmg than longbow and gs.

Axe reachs 4k autos in a tanky build and Winter’s bite deals as much damage as the maul ins a AoE at 900 range with chilled and weakness. Split blade can delete glass builds if you hit with the 5 blades.

It is a overtunned, it needs the might removed from the autos and the Winter’s bite an slower projectile and more visible.

That single weapon alone carries tanky ranger builds.

lol 4 k auto ? tanky build ? comon man that fake news

Its 4k auto with 25 vuln stacks on target
and
25 might
and
sic em active
whilst
merged with a dps pet...

maybe on a good day. when the stars align.

I dont know what their definition of tanky is - apparently it just means taking the WS traitline, but still in zerk gear with scholar runes. LUL.

good grief the level of disingenuous deception at play on this forum is almost criminal.

This right now in the pvp lobby. With no vulns just the might i build from using the autos and the heal. Only with autos i can maintain easy 12 stacks of might. One heal to copy boons and i'm capped already. And i said sPvP is better more balanced, this in WvW would get easy almost 4K .5Sxl2sT.jpg

This build, I am pretty sure you can tweak it so you could squeezy a bit more without losing the self-sustain. Exchanging SoS for the SoW would be a possibility (no invuln in exchange for an immob)http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAcelZw0YdMPGKeaX6P7RkG-z5IeG9rAKZCohB

Winter's bite does roughly double the damage so 5K in a tanky build at 900 range 5 foes AoE . In WvW i've seen up to 10K to 5 targets AoE + chilled + weakness.

In my opinion the reason is the constant and easy might the axe gives. Remove that and give some bleeds and the weapon should be fine. An slower Winter's bite would be positive as it is big attack with multiple effects.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Marauder and divinity is now a tanky build?

I thought that was just a generic DPS build... just not a full on Zerky glass DPS build.

2.6 isnt 4k either, so I do feel I was justified in what I said in stating that you require far more than the Press 1 collect 4k.

If you drop that SoS for more Ferocity your armour will also suffer.. then you are that much closer to being glassy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sandzibar.5134 said:Marauder and divinity is now a tanky build?

I thought that was just a generic DPS build... just not a full on Zerky glass DPS build.

2.6 isnt 4k either, so I do feel I was justified in what I said in stating that you require far more than the Press 1 collect 4k.

If you drop that SoS for more Ferocity your armour will also suffer.. then you are that much closer to being glassy.

Look you win, Soulbeast is fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"bigo.9037" said:axe is not overtuned. it has very little capability of defense and deals less dmg than longbow and gs.

Axe reachs 4k autos in a tanky build and Winter’s bite deals as much damage as the maul ins a AoE at 900 range with chilled and weakness. Split blade can delete glass builds if you hit with the 5 blades.

It is a overtunned, it needs the might removed from the autos and the Winter’s bite an slower projectile and more visible.

That single weapon alone carries tanky ranger builds.

lol 4 k auto ? tanky build ? comon man that fake news

Its 4k auto with 25 vuln stacks on target
and
25 might
and
sic em active
whilst
merged with a dps pet...

maybe on a good day. when the stars align.

I dont know what their definition of tanky is - apparently it just means taking the WS traitline, but still in zerk gear with scholar runes. LUL.

good grief the level of disingenuous deception at play on this forum is almost criminal.

This right now in the pvp lobby.
With no vulns just the might i build from using the autos and the heal
. Only with autos i can maintain easy 12 stacks of might. One heal to copy boons and i'm capped already. And i said sPvP is better more balanced, this in WvW would get easy almost 4K .
5Sxl2sT.jpg

This build, I am pretty sure you can tweak it so you could squeezy a bit more without losing the self-sustain. Exchanging SoS for the SoW would be a possibility (no invuln in exchange for an immob)

Winter's bite does roughly double the damage so 5K in a tanky build at 900 range 5 foes AoE . In WvW i've seen up to 10K to 5 targets AoE + chilled + weakness.

In my opinion the reason is the constant and easy might the axe gives. Remove that and give some bleeds and the weapon should be fine. An slower Winter's bite would be positive as it is big attack with multiple effects.

Can we get...and actual video against live targets for these claims instead of target golems? I really want to see a MH axe ranger doing anything (especially in WvW). A 'tanky' build to me would almost have 3k toughness as well--and around 1k power or so.

Now you add in what real players use--boon rip, perma protection, stealth, outranging you, and ports---yeah I need to see this '4k auto' domination in action.

I can tell you as someone who plays a very tanky build in WvW (and uses the 'obnoxious' ancient seeds), axe would be one of my last choices as you lose ALL kiting ability with it. The bounce does nothing either--they already reduced this from 3 to 2 targets--because people you know, spread out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sandzibar.5134 said:Marauder and divinity is now a tanky build?

I thought that was just a generic DPS build... just not a full on Zerky glass DPS build.

2.6 isnt 4k either, so I do feel I was justified in what I said in stating that you require far more than the Press 1 collect 4k.

His 2.6k is against a Light Target too.His damage against a medium is 1.9k.

@Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Can we get...and actual video against live targets for these claims instead of target golems? I really want to see a MH axe ranger doing anything (especially in WvW). A 'tanky' build to me would almost have 3k toughness as well--and around 1k power or so.

Now you add in what real players use--boon rip, perma protection, stealth, outranging you, and ports---yeah I need to see this '4k auto' domination in action.

I can tell you as someone who plays a very tanky build in WvW (and uses the 'obnoxious' ancient seeds), axe would be one of my last choices as you lose ALL kiting ability with it. The bounce does nothing either--they already reduced this from 3 to 2 targets--because people you know, spread out.

Andu just memeing out his butt as with 70% of his posts.He spends his time on forums either crying about non existent problems or memeing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

MH Axe IS very strong on tanky builds like boonbeast and to some extent also on core ranger (in WvW, in PvP boonbeast isn't that great overall due to nerfed stances and traits). Would not recommend it for druid tho. While some numbers here are quite exaggerated, axe provides more pressure than any other ranger weapon while the downside - lack of defense - is counterbalanced by the tankyness from the build itself, that allows for quite some facetanking even without the need for a whole lot of toughness. Defensive beast skills also help to cover that weakness. Boonbeast with mh axe is a very strong - and incredibly faceroll - dueling build in WvW, outside of this scenario more of an annoyance than anything else tho. And while it is more the survivability that carries such builds, with other weapons the threat dwindles significantly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm translating this at Google Translation, so sorry if it's strange English.It looked interesting, so I tried it with a Champion Target Golem-Tower Lord to see if I could get 4k with Axe's auto attack.In the case of this golem, 4k seems to be possible with 3400+ power and 300+ ferocity under the following conditions. Superior Rune of the Scholar : +5%damage Superior Sigil of Force : +5%damage Hunter's Tactics : +10%damage Furious Strength : +7%damage Twice as Vicious : +5%damage Oppressive Superiority : +10%damageIn addition, if you use "Sic 'Em", you can hope to get 5k.I'll upload a video of just punching the golem along with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"iwatokage.5730" said:I'm translating this at Google Translation, so sorry if it's strange English.It looked interesting, so I tried it with a Champion Target Golem-Tower Lord to see if I could get 4k with Axe's auto attack.In the case of this golem, 4k seems to be possible with 3400+ power and 300+ ferocity under the following conditions. Superior Rune of the Scholar : +5%damage Superior Sigil of Force : +5%damage Hunter's Tactics : +10%damage Furious Strength : +7%damage Twice as Vicious : +5%damage Oppressive Superiority : +10%damageIn addition, if you use "Sic 'Em", you can hope to get 5k.I'll upload a video of just punching the golem along with it.

If you change Troll Unguent for We heal as One, you can maintain better might stacks and boon uptime. Insted Scholar you can use Infiltration or Eagle (+10% damage).

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Pure DPS Soulbeast Longbow/Greatsword is insanely strong in wvw roaming with pve gear options & food/utility.

What puts it over the top is the pve gears & food/utility. It isn't the build itself, it's the extra stat stacking granted by pve/wvw options.That one if you like to pewpew and melt easy if focused. Otherwise the one with Axe/AXe - Greatsword with commanders/durability is pretty strong in 1vX.No my cup of tea as i don't like to fall asleep while fighting, i like quick results either winning or losing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...