Commander tips

hihey.1075

Hi all!

I am a returning GW2 player from pre-HoT. I used to command a bit every now and then back at the time, and would like to take it up again. However, the game has evolved a lot and would like some starting tips :)

For starting, which is the most suited build/class for leading/commanding? What are the things that must absolutely be known when commanding?

I'm still left at the old "pirateship" meta, with Guardians in full Sentinel/Nomad with GS/Staff + "Worker" Warriors composing the Frontline, and Staff Eles + Well Necros as backliners; with the usual Mesmer for reflect or portal bomb.

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

@Gwaihir.1745 said:Hes leaving out the part where fb's are becoming semi rare in wvw because well theyre kitten to play, even amongst commanding players.

Kids don't want to play FB because of bags, support does not give them. It wasn't a problem with Druid because nobody wanted rangers anyway but now is a problem. And all that while FB at least is able to do some tagging.

@"hihey.1075" said:Hi all!

I am a returning GW2 player from pre-HoT. I used to command a bit every now and then back at the time, and would like to take it up again. However, the game has evolved a lot and would like some starting tips :)

For starting, which is the most suited build/class for leading/commanding? What are the things that must absolutely be known when commanding?

I'm still left at the old "pirateship" meta, with Guardians in full Sentinel/Nomad with GS/Staff + "Worker" Warriors composing the Frontline, and Staff Eles + Well Necros as backliners; with the usual Mesmer for reflect or portal bomb.

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Hey bud! Welcome back.

I don’t know which server you are on but you are more than welcome to hop on my guild’s discord server and we can chat. I came back to the game ~2 months ago (quit during hammer train meta).

As a pin, there are couple of options your choice depends on the group you are running with, your comfort level with the class and what you are up against. My top there choices are:

FBChronoWarrior

Personally, I prefer my chrono in most of situations. Hope you enjoy all of the changes! Cheers,

Follow

@"gloflop.3510" said:The build looks correct.

I would recommend to follow a commander a bit first. Your commands still sound correct but they became a bit more sophisticated these days (small stab, big stab,...). Easiest as I said if you follow a commander and you will soon hear the commands.

Thanks! I was actually going to do this already, but I wanted some additional input from other players because I still do not even know who are the "good" commanders now.Plus, my server (Desolation, EU) is currently linked with Arborstone (FR) and most open pug commanders are French and, well... I don't speak French all that well :)

@GameTheory.8059 said:

Hey bud! Welcome back.

I don’t know which server you are on but you are more than welcome to hop on my guild’s discord server and we can chat. I came back to the game ~2 months ago (quit during hammer train meta).

As a pin, there are couple of options your choice depends on the group you are running with, your comfort level with the class and what you are up against. My top there choices are:

FBChronoWarrior

Personally, I prefer my chrono in most of situations. Hope you enjoy all of the changes! Cheers,

Follow

Hi! Thank you for the proposal! However, I inspected your post-history and it looks like you're in NA, so I regretfully cannot join you!

• 2 weeks later...

@anduriell.6280 said:

@Gwaihir.1745 said:Hes leaving out the part where fb's are becoming semi rare in wvw because well theyre kitten to play, even amongst commanding players.

Kids don't want to play FB because of bags, support does not give them. It wasn't a problem with Druid because nobody wanted rangers anyway but now is a problem. And all that while FB at least is able to do some tagging.

FB can do reflects, what better tags do you want?