Disabling popup that requests map/instance change?

Luthan.5236

Is there a way to disable the popup at the left that promts to change maps/instances? (After players leave and when it announces that the map instance will close in 1h - where you can volunteer early for a small short buff.)

I think at least once is enough. (Though I would not need it at all.) Bottom right still shows the icon for switching as an indicator that this still is available.

Can get annoyign when doing certain stuff and for smaller resolutions if this always pops up after using a WP or when resetting an "adventure". I remember it recently in the Crystal Desert where people often only join for the meta. Where it happened like every 30 minutes after switching ... that I got offered to go to a new instance again. That when I tried to to Griffon adventure. (All finished now finally and moving to S4 soon ha ha.)

I get that people need this info early - to not suddenly get kicked out while doing stuff. So at least once is okay. But there should be an option to disable it from popping up after you clicked it away ... while still staying in the map.

Is there an option in the settings? Can't imagine that nobody has complained about this so far. Surely there must have been suggestions regarding this with ArenaNet implementing an option (if there wasn't one already from the start) in the past? (If not I need to make another thread suggesting it. Lol.)

Well ... that's bad. Since the map (according to the tooltip) is closing automatically. Giving the information 1 time would be enough. (People forgetting about it or ignoring it should automatically get ported to another instance after 1 hour.)

If at least after going to the other instance I could stay there for a few hours and not getting the reminder half an hour later again. For older maps the "map hopping" seems to frequently lead to this. At least in PoF maps I noticed it. Or maybe the system was just efficient enough there. When after end of some meta I went to the new instance and like 30 mins later another popup again. (Maybe 2 full maps after the first one - and I went from one that got closed first to the other one where lots of people left a bit later ... making it empty.)

@kharmin.7683 said:There is no setting of which I am aware for this. I believe the intent is to get players to move from emptied maps to ones more populated. The annoying reminder is a way to try to enforce that move. I doubt Anet would entertain your request.The intent is to get people to leave the instance so that they can close it, thus spending less money on server/bandwidth upkeep. You're not meant to delay, that's why it poke you in the face about it.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:There is no setting of which I am aware for this. I believe the intent is to get players to move from emptied maps to ones more populated. The annoying reminder is a way to try to enforce that move. I doubt Anet would entertain your request.The intent is to get people to leave the instance so that they can close it, thus spending less money on server/bandwidth upkeep. You're not meant to delay, that's why it poke you in the face about it.

The problem I have with it is that when a map refills, e.g., with incoming players for a meta, the status of the instance is not re-evaluated and that message removed, even though the map is full.

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:The problem I have with it is that when a map refills, e.g., with incoming players for a meta, the status of the instance is not re-evaluated and that message removed, even though the map is full.

Players on a map that's urging players to switch instances should be able to vote against the instance change. This could fix so many issues. I've been on so many situations wherein the Dragonfall pre-meta and actual meta get ruined because of the instance changes.

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

The problem I have with it is that when a map refills, e.g., with incoming players for a meta, the status of the instance is not re-evaluated and that message removed, even though the map is full.

It actually does do that. At least for HoT maps. . I have seen it happen many times in VB to my dismay since switching instances was nice for getting more freshwater pearls.

However there is also a bug that causes the server to think an instance has a low population despite being far from the truth. I've see the message pop up several times while fighting the ley line anomaly at reset

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

2 years later. Still a problem. Still no fix.

I have been pestered by this message since I arrived in PoF. I get this message 5-10 times a day. It's really getting annoying. Sometimes I switch map, I get the bonus, and a new pop-up appears that the new map is also closing for another new new map. And then a new new new map starts and the new new map closes.

Please, Anet, look into this. Something feels so off with how this mechanic works.

Proof in HoT -> https://imgur.com/a/nEjonG4

edit: information on the screenshot, I got a buff from moving to new instance. And 2 minutes later, I get a new pop-up.

Edited by GroteDwerg.4752
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1