Stomped on rally

R E F L H E X.8413

I didn't see what you are Describing, but past few Matches I was super Confused about Revives.Several Matches there was a Necro or an Ele who literally "one-click" revived their downed mates. We downed one guy, the Necro came and before he even finished the 'kneeling' animation the downed guy was instantly revived. There was no rally, no Ally killed to rally the Enemy.Did I miss some Trait, new Mechanics or Anything Else? I've been around in PvP for quite a long long long while and never saw this happen.

@Alatar.7364 said:I didn't see what you are Describing, but past few Matches I was super Confused about Revives.Several Matches there was a Necro or an Ele who literally "one-click" revived their downed mates. We downed one guy, the Necro came and before he even finished the 'kneeling' animation the downed guy was instantly revived. There was no rally, no Ally killed to rally the Enemy.Did I miss some Trait, new Mechanics or Anything Else? I've been around in PvP for quite a long long long while and never saw this happen.

A Necro (especially a Scourge) with the Blood Magic line can revive people absurdly quickly. Ritual of Life + Transfusion+Well of Blood on a Scourge gives 16%/second revive before accounting for the Necro himself reviving. Everything but the Necro himself is AoE and Transfusion even pulls multiple allies into the area if they're downed. Necro even gets a leg up in this case due to the Last Rites trait preventing them from losing health each second. Note: all Scourge allows is for Transfusion to be ticking while the Necro is reviving, since Transfusion isn't working off of a channeled skill for Scourge.

Eles set up for it can revive almost as quickly (only missing the 2%/second from Transfusion) with the Arcane Resurrection trait and a staff. Again, AoE on everything but the Ele himself.

It's fully intentional. Also, in both cases, it's not worth trying to cleave down the reviver/revivee. While they're not locked in place for very long anyway, the pulsing heals are quite high during that period.

@Alatar.7364 said:I didn't see what you are Describing, but past few Matches I was super Confused about Revives.Several Matches there was a Necro or an Ele who literally "one-click" revived their downed mates. We downed one guy, the Necro came and before he even finished the 'kneeling' animation the downed guy was instantly revived. There was no rally, no Ally killed to rally the Enemy.Did I miss some Trait, new Mechanics or Anything Else? I've been around in PvP for quite a long long long while and never saw this happen.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Undeath

Ele if specced into revive trait, geyser is within seconds.

@R E F L H E X.8413 said:my situation wasnt lagg I was on an elementalist when it happened stomped while already up and running from a rally. Rallied mid stomp. And the stomp for surely went through with it saying he stomped me on the right.

Well, I'm not sure what could have happened but if the person that was stomping you never canceled and you got downed again in the range of his stomp the same stomp animation will still finish you.

Yes, I haven't seen what you describe, but I also had some strange lag last game with a rez. Downed an enemy and he was almost down, but he seemed to rally. I didn't see a warrior banner, and my whole team was still up. Maybe another profession actually brought their rez tool. But in another match I knocked a mesmer down a cliff, but I couldn't shoot hm anymore. He eventually sinced up with his character, as if he had never fallen.

Anyway, maybe this is similar lag, where you got downed, but the game let you think you could still move for a sec, before the servers caught up.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@"R E F L H E X.8413" said:my situation wasnt lagg I was on an elementalist when it happened stomped while already up and running from a rally. Rallied mid stomp. And the stomp for surely went through with it saying he stomped me on the right.

Well, I'm not sure what could have happened but if the person that was stomping you never canceled and you got downed again in the range of his stomp the same stomp animation will still finish you.

Was like full hp when stomped not downed again. I was on necro not eleI screened itEJXEq2N.jpg

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:None of the Necros were running Signet of the Undeath and Ele was not running Staff.We are talking literally "one click" revive. No % of HP pullsing on their Downed ally, just insta rally and other people I know are encountering it too.

Elementalists also have a revive skill

No idea if he was running that Glyph, but the Glyhp is a skill, long channeled skill at that. So, unless the Glyph makes you run to a Downed Ally, start kneeling, and then insta-rez, then it was not the case.

i have seen this so many times where ill be fighting a necro and i down him yet in a second he pops back up with no one around so no one revived him he just rallys himself and no thery never get kills due to 0 peopel around and it happens quite often fighting necros do they have a trait where they can auto revive themselfs when downd

Two possible explanations for this:

1) Lag causing your rally to only be displayed client-side, but the stomp was received by the server first.2) If there was enough DPS to down you after you got back up (it can happen), a stomp started before you got back up can finish you when you're downed again.

@Druh.1092 said:i have seen this so many times where ill be fighting a necro and i down him yet in a second he pops back up with no one around so no one revived him he just rallys himself and no thery never get kills due to 0 peopel around and it happens quite often fighting necros do they have a trait where they can auto revive themselfs when downd

Scourge can with good play. If they have the Transfusion trait equipped, they can pop F4 right as they're about to go down and it will work to self-revive. Takes pretty precise timing, though.

It's possible you're also running into people running Unholy Sanctuary. It's a lousy trait overall​, but it can easily deny kills in duels.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

@Druh.1092 said:i have seen this so many times where ill be fighting a necro and i down him yet in a second he pops back up with no one around so no one revived him he just rallys himself and no thery never get kills due to 0 peopel around and it happens quite often fighting necros do they have a trait where they can auto revive themselfs when downd

Scourge can with good play. If they have the Transfusion trait equipped, they can pop F4 right as they're about to go down and it will work to self-revive. Takes pretty precise timing, though.

It's possible you're also running into people running Unholy Sanctuary. It's a lousy trait overall​, but it can easily deny kills in duels.

All I am getting from this is that the scourge still needs some massive 'tuning'.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

All I am getting from this is that the scourge still needs some massive 'tuning'.

If they can pull this trick off, their offensive pressure is low. Soul Reaping is required on Scourge, so having either Transfusion or Unholy Sanctuary means no Curses line, so no Path of Corruption or Plague Sending.

Transfusion in particular means they also picked an amulet with Healing Power.

@Vagrant.7206 said:Two possible explanations for this:

1) Lag causing your rally to only be displayed client-side, but the stomp was received by the server first.2) If there was enough DPS to down you after you got back up (it can happen), a stomp started before you got back up can finish you when you're downed again.

second one is impossible I only show dieing once and know i didnt die twice aside from what the right shows. you see me only bleed out once.

I specifically remember seeing myself running while the dude was mid stomp. and then dead while running.

Doubtful it deals with continuum split bugging but it was a mes that stomped me something to consider.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

If they can pull this trick off, their offensive pressure is low. Soul Reaping is required on Scourge, so having either Transfusion or Unholy Sanctuary means no Curses line, so no Path of Corruption or Plague Sending.

Here's the thing, you sound reasonable.

If enough people learn that neat little trick, no reason will be acknowledged.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

Here's the thing, you sound reasonable.

If enough people learn that neat little trick, no reason will be acknowledged.

Oh, I know. Necro has to be a free kill or people aren't happy.

Archived