cweker.7824

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@AzureShiron.7658 said:

Because I don't like tengu.

have you considered you're boring then ;3c

Have you considered we are bored of the constant begging for more races then?

Someone took that a bit too close to heart. I was teasing them.

Probably no more so than how close you took Fueki's reply, though at least theirs was less personal.

Take a look through the search function to see just how many threads repeat the same topic of new races, whether its Tengu or Kodan or even Dwarves. It had become a meme, but now its just tiresome.

@AzureShiron.7658 said:

I just meant to throw the same type of comment you did back at you,leaving it to you to interpret it the same way as you wanted your comment to be interpreted.

I personally don't care too much of more playable races, but I simply can't see how one would become commanders of the pact.How would they even be introduced to dungeons? Other races have no ties to Destiny's edge and therefore no business in trying to mend their problems.And then there is the chapter V of the personal story that is about studying the lesser races of Tyria. It might not sit well with Tengu and Kodan (which also have been frequently asked for). By all appearances, Kodan see all life as equal, so there would be no lesser races for them.Kodan also are all about balance and nature, so they should actively oppose killing the dragons.

And then there are the technical aspects, like fitting all armours and outfits onto new playable races, which would take away resources that should go to the development of the expansion itself.

But this thread should be about dwarves, not about bears and birds.

@Fueki.4753 said:

I just meant to throw the same type of comment you did back at you,leaving it to you to interpret it the same way as you wanted your comment to be interpreted.

I personally don't care too much of more playable races, but I simply can't see how one would become commanders of the pact.How would they even be introduced to dungeons? Other races have no ties to Destiny's edge and therefore no business in trying to mend their problems.And then there is the chapter V of the personal story that is about studying the lesser races of Tyria. It might not sit well with Tengu and Kodan (which also have been frequently asked for). By all appearances, Kodan see all life as equal, so there would be no lesser races for them.Kodan also are all about balance and nature, so they should actively oppose killing the dragons.

And then there are the technical aspects, like fitting all armours and outfits onto new playable races, which would take away resources that should go to the development of the expansion itself.

But this thread should be about dwarves, not about bears and birds.

I was sure that my comment would come off as playful that's why i added the ;3 at the end. Obviously that wasn't the case and i failed there. Taste is subjective and no one is right or wrong on that. And maybe asking for new races does get tired out frequently but its something obviously many people want.

@Ogwom.7940 said:

@"Lonami.2987" said:Alternatively, I wouldn't be surprised if the third playable race was the
/
instead, developing them as "sylvari but ancient and tall instead of young and short", or by giving them a golem-like appearance, their bodies made of stones and vines. Depends on the direction they take with them once we arrive to Cantha, for all we know they might end up being just sylvari with new character customization options.

This would be pretty cool, but I am slightly doubtful that they would be playable, since we already have a plant based playable race.Maybe if they just happen to look like sylvari in GW2 and they get new hairstyles, I could see our sylvari characters getting more customization options too, like the Olmakhan in LS4/PoF.

They would be the norn-human version of sylvari, and include different types of bodies, made of stones and ancient roots. They would work very well, specially if they get to play a key role in the Canthan storyline.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Linken.6345 said:You think living stone statues would use armor skins really?

Yeah, I am still having a hard time believing that
all
of Tyria's dwarven population got transformed.Why? According to the lore, they were
all
, regardless of faction, connected to The Great Dwarf, and it was this connection that was the basis for the transformation ritual. Basically, due to this, no dwarf was able to avoid being subject to the ritual - If they didn't like it, still the best they could hope for was to delay the effect for a while.So, all of them eventually succumbing to the ritual is not exactly surprising or doubtful.

Even so, magic exists in the world. Maybe some sort of quest to find something that would revert the dwarves from stone? Just a thought.

Or just the opposite, start reparing destroyed dwarves, using stones and crystals.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:Do you really see Arenanet adding a race without a female variant as a playable?Plenty of games have managed a female version (model) of dwarves. Why couldn't ANet?To this point female dwarves have been ommited from this specific franchise.

Female charr don't exist in GW1 either, and here we are.

@AzureShiron.7658 said:the dwarf race is bioligicly dead so i doubt we'd get them as playable. besides the races that deserve the shot at being playable are tengu and kodan.

Kodan are just norn on bear form. Largos are much more likely than them; and much more popular as well.

@Fueki.4753 said:

New playable races don't need to play old storylines from a first person perspective. New playable races don't need to be able to use 100% of old armor skins.

@Fueki.4753 said:But this thread should be about dwarves, not about bears and birds.

Bears. Birds. Beards.

Playable dwarves confirmed.