Campaign Difficulty

(Warning- some spoilers for Heart of Thorns, Path of Fire and Living World Season 4 below)

I was going to start a thread similar to this about wanting the possibility of death in story mode. I just went through the Sandswept Isles in LW4 and was pretty disappointed to find out that you literally can't die in the boss fight in the Omalkhan village. Seriously? What is the point of that? Me running around in an extended cut scene? We should have an option to turn that off, especially when there are achievements involved in going through that fight without going down. I'm not even a fan of "Retry from checkpoint". I know I can turn decide to ignore it, but it's not quite the same. Beating Mordremoth was a feat. Beating Balthazar was clicking retry a few times. Especially since I didn't want to sit through the whole talking/army fight/chase scene just to get to the good fight. One was a satisfying ending. The other, I was just waiting for it to end.

You can leave the story sessions as is, but I would like to take out the safety nets for anyone who doesn't want them. If you're going to put achievements in for beating major bosses without dying, you might as well give us the chance to make it feel like it's a real accomplishment instead of just doing it for the sake of a few achievement points.

Sadly most of the content in this game is painfully easy. Im not going to lie... i struggled to go through the new DRM's due to how easy the fights were. I was fighting my eye lids shutting rather than the mobs.

I want a challenge so at least then I can feel like i really beat something. Currently im finishing these DRM's with a 'was that it?' reaction.

@Smoosh.2718 said:Sadly most of the content in this game is painfully easy. Im not going to lie... i struggled to go through the new DRM's due to how easy the fights were. I was fighting my eye lids shutting rather than the mobs.

I want a challenge so at least then I can feel like i really beat something. Currently im finishing these DRM's with a 'was that it?' reaction.

Glad that you find it so easy. For many of us, we don't. The challenge is more than sufficient. I want the level to remain as it is so that I can actually complete content.

I honestly thought that massive Destroyer was going to be a big bad boss who would take some skill and teamwork to take down... nope. just stand behind him, kill his egg and throw a spear every so oftern. I was actualy looking forward to that fight from the first trailer.

Admitivly this is going to be a hard balance they can work on. You'll lose players if its too easy, you'll lose players if its too hard. Makes me wish if there was a 3rd option when joining dungeons/strikes/DRM's, a dedicated hard mode where players need to work together with well thought out builds to compliment each other.

As for the repeatability of these DRM'S, cut out all the rubbish in the start and the build up to the final boss, all that build up you did in the story mode, I see no reason or need to go through it again and again.

For me personally I like games that are punishing, where you die over and over again till you are able to work out what to dodge, when to dodge. As an example when i started out playing a game called Dragons Dogma, there were times where id get rinced, multiple times till I was able to work out what animations i need to look out for and dodge them or block them. After a short while my eyes were zoned in and my deaths then became less and less. This game I found very fun and rewarding (especially early game) as you had to think, learn and adapt, making every fight an achievement that you were happy about. If on the flip side, this game was really easy from the start, I really would not have enjoyed the game as much as I did. A game too easy kills the sense of achivement... Just ... like... that ... Zhaitan... fight... Seriously... what was that...