Please give Necromancer a Sword next expansion!

Cyrin.1035

If the Reaper borrowed thematically from Warrior with greatsword, and the Scourge borrowed from Engineer with F keys and Turrets, I wonder if we cant get a spec that borrows thematically with Mesmer (or even ranger) and summons weak minions on weapon skills.

How about "Profession mechanic: skills that would produce life force produce jagged horrors instead. F keys are F1 minion bomb F2 Poison bomb F3 Fear Bomb F4 Block"

The only long time our damage was competitive in pvE was with Lich form minions and PvP didn't/cannot complain about those since they just aren't able to hit players that move (minion attacks root the minion in place).

What about Longbow? Old Final Fantasy games have a Black mage with a longbow archetype.

@Jaya.2760 said:I'd say mainhand focus, with cantrips and call it voodoo priest - could be minion- or condi-based. But yeah, it would be another condispec and we would still have no melee-condi weapon. So i don't think it's a real possibility but i would love it ;)

I want this as well but only for the reason that I want to dual wield Chak Focus

@nekretaal.6485 said:If the Reaper borrowed thematically from Warrior with greatsword, and the Scourge borrowed from Engineer with F keys and Turrets, I wonder if we cant get a spec that borrows thematically with Mesmer (or even ranger) and summons weak minions on weapon skills.

How about "Profession mechanic: skills that would produce life force produce jagged horrors instead. F keys are F1 minion bomb F2 Poison bomb F3 Fear Bomb F4 Block"

The only long time our damage was competitive in pvE was with Lich form minions and PvP didn't/cannot complain about those since they just aren't able to hit players that move (minion attacks root the minion in place).

What about Longbow? Old Final Fantasy games have a Black mage with a longbow archetype.

Scourge was more thematically like Mesmer in that its F skills all trigger off a thing you summon (and yourself).

@vicious.5683 said:You know what's sad about this thread?We just got a new spec, new weapon and mechanic, but it ended up being so lame, we are already pinning our hopes on the next one.

Sadly, i expected it turning out to be that way when I first heard that we get rid of shroud and the torch as our elite-spec-weapon.

@Tobias.8632 said:No, next expansion, necromancer gets mainhand pistol, your 3 new attacks each shoot yourself in the head and kills you. No downstate, just instant death. Also this isn't some kind of weird mechanic, there's no benefit, it just kills you.

Actually, it would be awesome to have a skill where you shoot yourself. Making you bleed and spread disease to nearby enemies.

Archived