Are you excited for the Champions finale, including today's patch?

Michram.6853

my disapointment started somewhere during bjoras marshes cause pve content is good chill and just spam one skill every now and then, but with the current development going that way (yes i know there is a expasion coming) and with no updates or upgrades on pvp, wvw, raids and other meaningfull content that i enjoy, there is no purpose at all in this game.It feels like anet is going the, "here is some trash content for you all, gobble it all up you sheep", so the only content i still play today is a login once a week for a raid clear with my static team, thats it,GW2 has in my opinion the best combat system in current mmos, and anet keeps tossing the worst they can make wile forgeting what made it great and pve isnt it, im not interested in achivements, skins, story, gold, gems, legendaries, certainly not strike missions and the new drms,i login yesterday for the raid reset, and got a message from stone dwarf guy saying to meet him in the eye of the north, i said to myself "NOPE"the actual state of the game is disapointing to the point that im not even sure if i will buy the next expansion

• 1 month later...

@Linken.6345 said:

@Sibila.5463 said:More closed instances are needed: strikes, dungeons, fractal, raids and prizes worth striving for.This game is 8 years old and the skins you can collect are few for a product that's been on the market for so many years.I've been helping a friend for the last 3 months and we've finished everything in this game

Dang all legendaries in 3 months?

Legendary has no value and you can buy it from gem to gold conversion as much as you want. You really don't see it?It's an MMO, I know that's what it's all about and I don't mind it, but there is something wrong, if after 3 months the only thing you can do is grind on 14 instances, don't you think the same?

@Sibila.5463 said:

@Sibila.5463 said:More closed instances are needed: strikes, dungeons, fractal, raids and prizes worth striving for.This game is 8 years old and the skins you can collect are few for a product that's been on the market for so many years.I've been helping a friend for the last 3 months and we've finished everything in this game

Dang all legendaries in 3 months?

Legendary has no value and you can buy it from gem to gold conversion as much as you want. You really don't see it?It's an MMO, I know that's what it's all about and I don't mind it, but there is something wrong, if after 3 months the only thing you can do is grind on 14 instances, don't you think the same?

Dont forget the 16 times hot or pof map completion for gen 2 gifts.Just out of curiousity what 14 instances is the only thing you can do in the game?

I chose the first option, however I would rather say "I am excited, but everything seems subpar." Maybe I am holding out with optimism, and also I am just interested in what will happen in general. I like the GW2 story/lore (even with all its faults) so I am interested in what the writers have planned. I may not like it, but it doesn't diminish my current curiosity.

I have always played the story (s) and completed them on release. Used to play everyday for hrs. Haven't touched the recent one released the past Tues. In fact I am now just spending a few minutes getting my daily and checking the March sales, and nothing more now. Maybe I will finish it just for the mastery points. A GW and GW2 player that is not enjoying the direction that the game is going.

@"The Greyhawk.9107" said:More an more this game makes me feel like a battered wife. "They promised it'll be good content this time, I just know they've changed."

The story ideas were sound, a Charr civil war was a good idea, going deeper into Norn lore was a good idea, making a haunted map was...sorta a good idea. The current iteration of Arenanet just can't seem to competently implement on any of these ideas, and further more can't seem to competently write half the characters either (the character assassination of Smolder being the most grievous example).

It makes me very worried for EoD. If they screw up Cantha I might have to give up on this game for good.

perfect.

i still love bjora and drizzlewood, but this finale ughhhh.

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:The story ideas were sound, a Charr civil war was a good idea, going deeper into Norn lore was a good idea, making a haunted map was...sorta a good idea. The current iteration of Arenanet just can't seem to competently implement on any of these ideas, and further more can't seem to competently write half the characters either (the character assassination of Smolder being the most grievous example).

So on point. :+1:

It makes me very worried for EoD. If they screw up Cantha I might have to give up on this game for good.

Dito. </3

@"Arden.7480" said:Are you excited for the Champions finale, including today's patch?

I'll answer a second time in regard of the latest patch:

The Braham idea was good... if it wasn't for two aspects: 1) Turning the character back into a juvenile annoyance whose maturity level regressed since HoT (e.g., "I don't want to be the Norn of damn prophecy! whine, whine", after he deliberately took his mother's bow to shoot Jormag's Tooth and become the Norn of damn prophecy). 2) The rush in his decision to become Primordus' Champion only minutes after whining, "I hate this heat, I am more a snow and ice guy."

--> /facepalm

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:The story ideas were sound, a Charr civil war was a good idea, going deeper into Norn lore was a good idea, making a haunted map was...sorta a good idea.
The current iteration of Arenanet just can't seem to competently implement on any of these ideas, and further more can't seem to competently write half the characters either
(the character assassination of Smolder being the most grievous example).

Dito. </3

@"Arden.7480" said:Are you excited for the Champions finale, including today's patch?

The Braham idea was good... if it wasn't for two aspects:
1)
Turning the character back into a juvenile annoyance whose maturity level
regressed
since HoT (e.g., "I don't want to be the Norn of kitten prophecy!
whine, whine
", after he deliberately took his mother's bow to shot Jormag's Tooth
and become the Norn of kitten prophecy
).
2)
The rush in his decision to become Primordus' Champion only minutes after whining, "I hate this heat, I am more a snow and ice guy."

--> /facepalm

I just noticed your signature "No more LW episodes, only Expansions and Side Stories, please!"I agree with this first part. No more LW episodes LW is a waste of time that can be spent on further expansions.The second option is to release the entire season in one day instead of splitting up and forcing players to wait for no reason

@Sibila.5463 said:

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:The story ideas were sound, a Charr civil war was a good idea, going deeper into Norn lore was a good idea, making a haunted map was...sorta a good idea.
The current iteration of Arenanet just can't seem to competently implement on any of these ideas, and further more can't seem to competently write half the characters either

Dito. </3

1)
regressed
whine, whine
).
2)
The rush in his decision to become Primordus' Champion only minutes after whining, "I hate this heat, I am more a snow and ice guy."

--> /facepalm

I just noticed your signature "No more LW episodes, only Expansions and Side Stories, please!"I agree with this first part. No more LW episodes LW is a waste of time that can be spent on further expansions.The second option is to release the entire season in one day instead of splitting up and forcing players to wait for no reason

The reason its not released in one go is quite simple, no company can produce content fast enough for the content locust out there.

@Sibila.5463 said:

Dito. </3

1)
regressed
whine, whine
).
2)

--> /facepalm

So...one release per year or 18 months? I'm not sure that would go over very well.

I think the game needs a balance between LS and Expansions, but in a certain way:-No more than 1 living season in a row.-LS only reserved for side stories. Or all of it focused on a dragon.-Dragon involving plot should be prepared, thought, and only released during expansions.-Always alternating between 1 living season and 1 expansion-No other story content format: no drm, no chapter, not only instances, no big events happening off screen. No new plot hole, no new lore hole. No rushing.

Season 3 was cool, I mean, the caudecus plot was interesting, and seeing what orr became. The time and plots were correctely managed.Bitterfrost felt weird and not fitting, still haven't understood that thing with that strange icebrood.

Season 4 was nice too, but it shows the issues of fitting a dragon threat in ls: you rush and ruin the devellopement of other threat. Joko deserved more episode and even the devs themselves said they weren't happy with how they ended joko. (100% sure, have to find quote if needed). Still haven't digested wtf aurene resurrection and blish's death.

IBS aka season 5, is facing the same issue as ls4: You have two major threats and so you have to rush the plot to try to make the two dragons fit.I just don't see currently how two dragons will be dealt with the remaining chapter. Chapter that doesn't even worth an episode to me.

The core of the issue is having to develop/progress two plots / foes in same time, and doing it in an expansion wouldn't change anything. See PoF even if it spoke a little about kralk, you see that most of it is balthazar and joko. That what they have to do with icebrood saga, jormag is the main threat, that's all, final point. No need to rush primordius, a peek a boo is enough.Keep primordius safe and develop it later.

The 4 first episodes were awesome because they kept only 1 focus: jormag.

The saga could have ended differently. Grothmar, bjora and drizzle made a build up and the only thing needed was a dragon domain map featuring jormag poking through a mist portal in a middle of a cold water lake surronded by fortifications and some conversion machines. Let's be serious, we nuked the frost citadel, and frost legion is still produced like breads in a bakery.... they come from somewhere! Big assault, a giant boneskinner, a champion fallen kodan voice, a strong svanir chief, ryland and tribunes. Like drizzlewood you use charrzookza, maybe flamethrower to break ice walls... use raven magic on shrines to protect you against a big attack charged by jormag.. whatever.

It would not have required a lot of ressources, they could have done the following:1-end of episode 42-world boss rush event3-lunar new year4-mystic researcher and its skins to unlock5-release of this final jormag arc episode6-jormag back to sleep or cleansed. Or killed, magic absorbed by aurene, braham profecy fullfilled.7-Champion chapter 1 as outro with taimi saying that primordius is awaking with high sismic activity. Just some reports of assaults in metrica, thunderhead, gandarran and brisban.8-Eod. Investigating deep sea dragon.9-Another series of maps, ls6. About primordius. Can cover woodland cascades, maguuma wastes, depths of tyria...

• 2 weeks later...

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Dito. </3

1)
regressed
whine, whine
", after he deliberately took his mother's bow to shoot Jormag's Tooth
).
2)

--> /facepalm

Or the, "I never asked to be a norn of prophecy" after going out on his own and getting the scroll for the bow, striking the tooth with the bow, and then leading a group directly to Jormag.

Like, what?

Honestly, I'm just sick of Braham in general and I'm not sure why he's always SO integral to nearly every story beat over the past few years. Hearing his obnoxious laugh in the War Eternal replay I did recently when Aurene woke up was ultra cringe and I'm just hoping he's out of the picture at some point.

We go from Rhytlock and Crecia calling people curse words and bickering back and forth multiple episodes to listening to Braham be the "comedian" type whose character is written like a 10 year old boy for some reason. Always pouting. Always whining. Always getting into trouble and blaming everyone else. I mean, are we trying to stop dragons or are we trying to play therapist? Which is it this episode?

I've enjoyed the Balance maps, which I say 3 weeks out from their release. When I first finished them on the first day in 2 hours, I was left wanting more. But this story content gets a lot of replay (by stronghanded design to be sure) which can't be said of some story elements like Siren's Landing. I think of all that VO locked into those story instances, and I'm still working myself up to going through those instances for a second time 3 years later.

The Power maps weren't so enjoyable because the typical LFG group can't pass them. I've only 2 successful CM passes of Thunderpeak and Snowden today. Groups quits, and I end up soloing it, because I'm not going through all that and not getting some rewards.

The tengu maybe will be this great setup for EOD, and the Dominion of Winds might make for a great map for the finale, as it's almost central for Jormag and Primordius to meet at.I think this banding of all the races of Tyria against the dragons will be a great finale, which has been relayed better this time compared to Zhaitan as the races aren't story choice dependant.But I'll be beside myself if the Kodan and Quaggan don't get their moment in the finale. The Ebon Vanguard and tengu are only invested now it's affected them in recent days. The Kodan and Quaggan have been displaced by Jormag for years now.

But yes, I'm also ready to close the book on this saga of story bits, 8 hours of content divided over 4 parts, *THAT evolving weapon collection fiasco (and Volcanic weapons are the ugliest set in game, sorryboutit) and hope for a return to the hayday of Expansion content, and a new culture, in game and in studio.

I was moved to write this to the forum for the first time in over a year.

I really just want to see if they're releasing a legendary. I can't say I'm excited because that would imply that they are releasing one, but I will be if they do release one. DRMs are okay. I feel tied to WvW more than anything else right now because I'm trying to grind a full legendary set. I do other game modes, sure, but I'm not really driven to touch IB very much unless it gives legendaries. I actually love the IB maps for the most part, I've loved its story. I would enjoy DRMs more if I finished the CM Achieves or they weren't there at all XD.

My biggest critique of IB saga is I feel like they should have chosen ONE PVE mode and improved it, we've had visions, we've had strikes, we've had DRMs and I feel like we would have had something better if they released a little less but went all-in on one and improved it based on our feedback and how we interact with the game/strikes. I feel like the strikes were a test of how puggable they can make things and what players will pug in the long run. Then they weren't happy they were fast, so they wanted to try a longer one (CW) that no one wants to touch with a 10ft pole and that's where it ended.

And honestly they would have made waves if they made strike versions of the raids, but anet never revisits old content.

I was always fine with (most of) GW2's story. Sure, there were annoying moments but not as to wish for a character death out of vitriol. I can't say that I universally like/enjoy DRMs as it depends wildly on the profession and DRM I play with how quickly I become frustrated as a bad-skilled player. Especically as a returner, this kind of "difficulty" is like being thrown directly into cold water lol. I still believe that there's too much ground-AoE spam with bosses. I don't mind this in single-player rpgs with action-based gameplay (like Ys), but something just doesn't click with it in GW2 for me.

@Sibila.5463 said:

Dito. </3

1)
regressed
whine, whine
).
2)

--> /facepalm

As much as agree with you it's not really resonable to ask that, it's will make content trough so long that a lot of people will leave, even if they stop living worlds and just do expension it's will be the same.

Living world can be good, just look how amazing was lws4 and the beginning of ice brood saga was good to.

@Matt H.6142 said:The Power maps weren't so enjoyable because the typical LFG group can't pass them. I've only 2 successful CM passes of Thunderpeak and Snowden today. Groups quits, and I end up soloing it, because I'm not going through all that and not getting some rewards.But I'll be beside myself if the Kodan and Quaggan don't get their moment in the finale. The Ebon Vanguard and tengu are only invested now it's affected them in recent days. The Kodan and Quaggan have been displaced by Jormag for years now.

You should try the Power DRMs again. A combination of a bit of rebalancing and player experience means Thunderpeak CM is an almost certain win via lfg. The timing on Snowdon is still tight, so not uncommon to get 2/3, but success is more likely than fail now, I'd say.

The Kodan turn up in a week, so that's guaranteed. I'm sure there will be quaggans around, but they don't look like having a moment in the spotlight. The other ally to feature in the mobilization events is the skritt, for some reason. ???

I find it repetative, subpar content. Specially the Champions part.

I hope this is, due to the good developers working on EoD.DRMs are tediously long, repetative (always the same) with OP end bosses.Storyline went all over the place after drizzlewoodMasteries are only usable in DRMs which I do not intent to replay to begin with (WAY longer than Strikes with scraps as rewards compared to said strikes)

Bring the last one out, I'll grind through it, just to end the suffering.

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:I find it repetative, subpar content. Specially the Champions part.

I hope this is, due to the good developers working on EoD.DRMs are tediously long, repetative (always the same) with OP end bosses.Storyline went all over the place after drizzlewoodMasteries are only usable in DRMs which I do not intent to replay to begin with (WAY longer than Strikes with scraps as rewards compared to said strikes)

Everything is after a while repetitive / always the same. Metas, raids, fractals, dungeons. That's the very nature of a game.

@Mahou.3924 said:

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:I find it repetative, subpar content. Specially the Champions part.

Everything is after a while repetitive / always the same. Metas, raids, fractals, dungeons. That's the very nature of a game.The problem with the DRMs though, when I was done with the first, the second felt repetitive as early as when I was doing it for the first time. The third already felt like a chore. Granted, the 2nd and 3rd installments are better, but still not engaging at all.

I have to admit I don't even know what happened in this Saga, and at this time I am too afraid to ask.

Really, there was a Civil War and now the Chars are all friends again?

Do not worry amigo, we all amigos again. Everything is fine.

What kind of caca is this? I mean, LS3 and 4 feels like a transition, the story of Aurene and her porpoise.

But this Saga is like a single story too short to be considered as great as previous ones. Even personal story was better, including the battle against Shaitan.